Good speech by Rand Paul

Ugh.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Re: Good speech by Rand Paul

Post by DCHawk1 »

Mjl wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:06 pm
DCHawk1 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:46 pm So...who are MJl and Houseboy?

I think they deserve each other.
I just dropped the location from my name.

What that I have said is inaccurate?
It's not inaccurate. It's just not accurate either.

Fiscal 2009, Obama's first year in office, was Bush's last budget and was also the largest deficit in American history for one reason: the one-time costs associated with TARP. It was more than three times larger than FY2008. Obama's first three budget years ('10, '11, '12) did NOT have one time costs associated with TARP but are still the next three largest budget deficits on record, which is to say they "shrank" by comparison to '09, but were still ridiculous. In the end, all but 1 of Obama's budgets produced deficits larger than any of Bush's non-TARP budgets.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Those three years the economy was still in recovery mode (could argue that's too slow, but would be a whole different debate). And it was far better than having a record deficit in a strong economy, which is what we're headed for currently if I'm not mistaken.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

DCHawk1 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:43 pm
HouseDivided wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:43 pm
DCHawk1 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:29 pm

Rand's dad is an anti-Semitic, neo-confederate asshat.

Other than that, though, he's super!

Neither of those assertions is true. They are propaganda trotted out by the establishment machine to try to discredit him when he ran for POTUS. His ideas are solid.
lulz

He has a decades long track record of support for anti-Semites and insistence that the "wrong side" won the Civil War. Heck, he actually said on TV during the 2008 campaign that he thought Lincoln was wrong to wage war against the Confederacy.

He's a Calhoun-ian from head to toe.
IIRC, the statement about the Civil War was in the context of a discussion of Libertarian principles. His statement that Federal intervention into State matters is consistent with Libertarian policy, not a racial ideological proclamation. And lots of people twist his beliefs about Bilderbergers and One World Order into anti-Semitism. Doesn’t make it true.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

DC, the government make a profit on TARP?
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

DCHawk1 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:29 pm

Rand's dad is an anti-Semitic, neo-confederate asshat.

Other than that, though, he's super!

Neither of those assertions is true. They are propaganda trotted out by the establishment machine to try to discredit him when he ran for POTUS. His ideas are solid.
lulz

He has a decades long track record of support for anti-Semites and insistence that the "wrong side" won the Civil War. Heck, he actually said on TV during the 2008 campaign that he thought Lincoln was wrong to wage war against the Confederacy.

well when you put it THAT way, it’s kinda surprising he never won a GOP nomination! #maga
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Geezer wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:35 pm DC, the government make a profit on TARP?

Yes.

so...you're thanking Bush?

Cuz...uh...
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

HouseDivided wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:47 pm

lulz

IIRC, the statement about the Civil War was in the context of a discussion of Libertarian principles. His statement that Federal intervention into State matters is consistent with Libertarian policy, not a racial ideological proclamation.
Uh...wut?

That's the WHOLE point.

There is ONE strain of libertarianism that believes that the Civil War was a state's rights travesty, the strain represented by the Von Mises Institute and its radically racist and anti-Semitic founder (and Paul's best friend and business partner) Lew Rockwell. Rockwell, Murray Rothbard, and Paul are the authors of the Ron Paul newsletters dating back to the late '70s (and the archives of which are housed at KU!), which are riddled with neo-confederate, anti-black, anti-gay, and anti-Semitic sentiments.

You're just wrong.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:40 pm
HouseDivided wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:20 pm
jeepinjayhawk wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:44 pm No, so says me. The guy who sells boats and yachts for a living.

We are, in my industry, riding the 4th straight year of double digit increases in sales volume and GPM.
My company is the worlds leader in boat sales, so I would guess that our data is fairly accurate.

Does Donny get credit for 2013-2017? If so, why?

Living where?
North Texas. Are we one of the privileged few?

Oh, our company has stores in 20 states. Doubt this helps your point.
Wow. So, a State that benefitted overwhelmingly from the brilliant economic policies of Obama overwhelmingly voted for the other party in 2016? Makes sense to me!
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

All 20 of our represented states?
Are you dumb?
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

DCHawk1 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:11 pm
Geezer wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:35 pm DC, the government make a profit on TARP?

Yes.

Cuz...uh...
Just wondering why you mentioned TARP.
BTW CNBC has some great stuff interviewing the principals involved in the meltdown.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Geezer wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:56 pm
DCHawk1 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:11 pm

Yes.

Cuz...uh...
Just wondering why you mentioned TARP.
BTW CNBC has some great stuff interviewing the principals involved in the meltdown.
Because TARP is the only reason that Obama's first three budgets were "smaller." Deficits are considered larger or smaller based only on the year previous. TARP (FY'09) was an outsized deficit. The next three were NOT TARP related, but were also resulted in outsized deficits. Obama gets credit for "shrinking" the deficit only because he's compared to an anomaly.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Not much about 2008 isn't an anomaly.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:49 pm All 20 of our represented states?
Are you dumb?
You, specifically, said “I live in North Texas and I made a bazillion dollars because I’m a big-time used car salesman,” or something to that effect. Because I can a) read and b) read a map, I concluded that you live and work and make your big-time bank in Texas.

I said nothing about your other 19 states, in part because you failed to enumerate which ones, but mostly because I don’t care.
Deleted User 62

HouseDivided wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:10 pm
Are you dumb?
You, specifically, said “I live in North Texas and I made a bazillion dollars because I’m a big-time used car salesman,” or something to that effect. Because I can a) read and b) read a map, I concluded that you live and work and make your big-time bank in Texas.

I said nothing about your other 19 states, in part because you failed to enumerate which ones, but mostly because I don’t care.
Still Illannoying, I see.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:13 pm
Are you dumb?

Definitely smarter than you.
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

Three pages in just one day. lol. Wasn't expecting this thread to be so busy.
Deleted User 62

Are you dumb?

Deleted User 62

Florida (every part)
New York
New Jersey
Connecticut
Rhode Island
Virginia
Maryland
North Carolina
South Carolina
Florida
Alabama
Georgia
Texas
Missouri
Minnesota
Lousiana

Are you going to dismiss all of these separate states on your idiotic terms?
Deleted User 62

HouseDivided wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:14 pm

Definitely smarter than you.
No.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:25 pm Florida (every part)
New York
New Jersey
Connecticut
Rhode Island
Virginia
Maryland
North Carolina
South Carolina
Florida
Alabama
Georgia
Texas
Missouri
Minnesota
Lousiana

Are you going to dismiss all of these separate states on your idiotic terms?
Same old Plano: still rolling out your resume and bank accounts to compensate for . . . whatever.

Don’t care.