2021 NCAA Football (Non KU)

Kansas Football.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: 2021 NCAA Football (Non KU)

Post by pdub »

I think NC State has legit reason to gripe.
It should have been communicated a while ago.
I think there should be some type of forfeit rules in place.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:52 pm I think NC State has legit reason to gripe.
Perhaps overly wishful thinking, but I find myself wondering if we shouldn't have tried to pull together into a "name the place and time" substitute.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I think there are a number of schools not invited to bowls that would leap from us. ( I think there already was an instance of that )

UCLA cancelled four hours before the game making it impossible to schedule.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:53 am
pdub wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:52 pm I think NC State has legit reason to gripe.
Perhaps overly wishful thinking, but I find myself wondering if we shouldn't have tried to pull together into a "name the place and time" substitute.
I thought this as well. What would have been really nice is if the NCAA would have seen this coming and told all teams they could practice through the end of the calendar year in case last minute substitutes were needed. All those extra practice sessions is the whole advantage to playing in a bowl game.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

pdub wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:57 am I think there are a number of schools not invited to bowls that would leap from us. ( I think there already was an instance of that )

How pissed would you be if you were an NC State fan that travelled to San Diego for this bowl game. I mean, sure, you're still in San Diego, but man that would fucking suck.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:57 am I think there are a number of schools not invited to bowls that would leap from us. ( I think there already was an instance of that )

I guess, if there were really that many teams ready, willing and able, there wouldn't be so many cancellations.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Yeah, I don't think these athletic departments are as pumped to play these games as people think.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I'd definitely be bummed if I was a NC State fan and went cross country to see my team try to get 10 wins only for the opponent to cancel while I was tailgating.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:32 pm Yeah, I don't think these athletic departments are as pumped to play these games as people think.
Coaches don't love the bowl experience. They love the extra practices that you're allowed to have from them. They practice all the 3rd and 4th stringers while the starters and primary backups rest. They will practice maybe a week and a half.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:52 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:32 pm Yeah, I don't think these athletic departments are as pumped to play these games as people think.
Coaches don't love the bowl experience. They love the extra practices that you're allowed to have from them. They practice all the 3rd and 4th stringers while the starters and primary backups rest. They will practice maybe a week and a half.
Yeah, it's always funny to me to see all the new faces for a team in a bowl game for what some see as a postseason must win game. I think even in the orange bowl we had a guy or two play that hadn't all season.

I think I've posted here before, but being with the Arizona State football team in the several days before they played Fresno State in the Vegas Bowl was eye opening. The game was a complete afterthought for players and staff.
nu_bronco

Post by nu_bronco »

Cascadia wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:01 pm
I thought this as well. What would have been really nice is if the NCAA would have seen this coming and told all teams they could practice through the end of the calendar year in case last minute substitutes were needed. All those extra practice sessions is the whole advantage to playing in a bowl game.
Yes, this would have been nice. I think the NCAA should have had 10 or 15 teams ready for substitutions even if they were in non-traditional conference matchups for the bowl. The substitution team could just be the closest team to the bowl. Might not have the same ratings as the original teams but would be more interesting then reruns of some sitcom or bad movie that will get the air time.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

KU would bring ratings this year. Exciting team at the end.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Listening to the Mayonnaise bowl. Worst announcers ever.
Defense. Rebounds.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Are you fucking kidding me? ANOTHER game in which the refs completely fucked up NUMEROUS times.
Complete bullshit!
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Cincy with a decent first drive. Need to score TDs and not FGs tho.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

Did you see Kelce and Mahomes in the stadium cheering for Cincy?
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

InfiniteJ wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:59 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:17 am
pdub wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:17 pm

Zero.
Bama v Cincy.
Georgia v Michigan.

With a personal plate of who gives a fuck unless Cincy scores the upset.
Also zero chance it would happen but one could ask if Georgia would/should get hosed. Yes, they lost to #3 Bama so that's not a bad loss at all but what currently ranked top 20 team have they beaten? Then again, if I am not mistaken, ND didn't beat any current top 20 team either - and that's a big part of why they are out.
You know who has more that one win against a current top 20 team and who won their conference championship? That's right! Baylor. I might be a moron but I figure a single Bohanon interception was the difference between them being in the playoff/s - or not.
Clemson is #19 (Arkansas & Kentucky also both ranked in the top 25).

I think the committee got it right; I don't think Cincinnati is a top 4 team, but the outrage of leaving them out would have been intense...Alabama will beat them by 3 TD's, though.
Cincinnati was actually lucky to only lose by 3 TD's.
nu_bronco

Post by nu_bronco »

hartjack8 wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:59 pm Did you see Kelce and Mahomes in the stadium cheering for Cincy?
Yes, first thought was, that is dangerous.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

nu_bronco wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 6:11 pm
hartjack8 wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:59 pm Did you see Kelce and Mahomes in the stadium cheering for Cincy?
Yes, first thought was, that is dangerous.
Dangerous???? That was scary there was not a mask in sight!
nu_bronco

Post by nu_bronco »

InfiniteJ wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 6:04 pm Cincinnati was actually lucky to only lose by 3 TD's.
Did you watch the whole game? I think the game was closer than the score. Alabama had a great game plan and executed it. They respected the secondary of Cincinnati and played to their strength and pounded the ball with the running game.

The Cincinnati's offensive line couldn't stop the Alabama front 7. What offense was able to stop that defensive front 7? I personally think Cincinnati needed to be more aggressive on offense. They threw down field I think once or twice. They needed to do that more in my opinion but the line needs to protect to do that.

The Cincinnati defense and special teams played well. Offense was not great, personally I think were not aggressive enough. Played to keep it close versus playing to win the game.