Not On the Basketball Bored

Coffee talk.
ousdahl

Re: Not On the Basketball Bored

Post by ousdahl »

What’s covid hoops protocols even gonna be this year, anyway?

Is Baylor gonna sit out half of conference play again?

Or should I ask this on the basketball bored?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:14 am What’s covid hoops protocols even gonna be this year, anyway?

Is Baylor gonna sit out half of conference play again?

Or should I ask this on the basketball bored?
If something is off topic of Off Topic, is it on topic?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

It was simple sarcasm. Buncha snowflakes.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Agreed, but it doesn't need to pollute the hoops bored.
Defense. Rebounds.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

watching anti-vaxxers like randy and pdub get all sensitive was pretty hilarious no matter where it was.

I use the "quick links" "unread posts" route so I usually don't even know what board a given thread is in, and since 99% of threads go off the rails, I just respond to whatever is posted.

If sparko makes a funny post, I don't tell myself not to respond becuase it's on the sacrosanct hoops bored.

Pdumb is probably the biggest offender of taking things off topic. But since this hurt his antivax sensibilities he got butthurt.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

It's not an issue if a basketball thread derails.
It's an issue if the topic becomes political, religious, etc. where all it will likely lead to is just anger and insults.
You can do the political ( and other topics that you would try to avoid at a big family dinner ) anger and insults here and on the polibored.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I was thinking about a joke like Jalen shoulda just said he did his own research and found DUIs really aren’t even that dangerous, it’s just another deep state/big pharma scheme, and when the cop asked him to blow then just yell BUT MAH RIGHTS and drive off.

But now that we have a thread for it and everything, the joke seems to fall flat.

…even flatter than the dialogue in A River Runs Though It.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

i don’t know what you were watching, but that movie is great
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:35 am I was thinking about a joke like Jalen shoulda just said he did his own research and found DUIs really aren’t even that dangerous, it’s just another deep state/big pharma scheme, and when the cop asked him to blow then just yell BUT MAH RIGHTS and drive off.

But now that we have a thread for it and everything, the joke seems to fall flat.

…even flatter than the dialogue in A River Runs Though It.
That's basically the types of jokes that were offending pdumb's anti-vax sensibilities.

What about when they shoot the chutes? That's pretty cool.

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

The only thing that’s great about it, is dreamboat young Brad Pitt making all those cutesy faces like a golden retriever who finally got someone to pet him.

And no way anyone in early 1900s Montana wore suits that often.

I mean yeah it starts as a movie about fishing, which is to say it starts strong, but then too much of the movie is this forced dialogue about family and relationships and live laugh love

then you realize it’s not a movie about fishing so much as a movie about coming of age and other Rob Reiner hallmark channel bullshit, and next thing you know you can’t even talk about it in the fishing thread any more, and it gets moved to another bored.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Contrast that with Jaws, in which the main character is a fish, the protagonists are all fishermen, and the big dramatic climax is fishing. Four stars. Two enthusiastic thumbs up!
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

That’s a good boy!

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:54 am Contrast that with Jaws, in which the main character is a fish, the protagonists are all fishermen, and the big dramatic climax is fishing. Four stars. Two enthusiastic thumbs up!
You're watching that movie wrong. The protagonist is the Mayor of Amityville who wants to keep the beaches open to make money in spite of the shark that's killing people. I'm pretty sure he has a line about "mah rights!", but maybe it got cut.

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

That’s a good point.

Shark attacks really aren’t that dangerous.

Like 99% of the folks on that beach weren’t even attacked by a shark!
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Bump.
But replace Basketball with Satellite.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Sorry pdub, I didn't mean to get that started.
Defense. Rebounds.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

No worries.
Sat Shack has half price run rummers today and BofH is smoking ribs out of a converted garbage can.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Discussions previously delegated “only on the pols bored” seem to inevitably be coming up more and more. I dunno if it’s cuz of all the hot button topics or just becoming more commonplace or what. I think it’s generally a shame that politics, or rather discussions on policy, has to be a divisive thing.

I’m occasionally active on a fishing message bored but it’s even more of a stickler about “No pols talk in my fishing bored” than this place. Like that place doesn’t even have a pols bored.

But inevitably, it comes up. “Why is the Colorado River drying up?” Well, among other issues, climate ch-NO POLS TALK, even though it’s directly related.

Qusdahl’s favorite, though, is the doods who say shit like, “I still love capitalism but I just think it’s a shame yet another little boutique custom rod maker got bought up by some wall st conglomerate and outsourced overseas but don’t get me wrong I still love capitalism!” As if there’s something to distinguish.

But that bored is wont to just start deleting posts and entire threads, without notice. I honestly dunno how I haven’t been banned lol.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

I think it's because a majority of the board is here to discuss politics rather than sports. Totally consumed by it.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Just checking to make sure you're including yourself in that group.