Manchin

Ugh.
Cascadia

Re: Manchin

Post by Cascadia »

sdoyel wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:33 pm Infrastructure Bill:

Passed
AOC, Omar and Tlaib voting against this bill is ...........frustrating. Feels like a "I'm going to fight just to fight" situation.

Anytime you're on the same side as MTG is not a good look. To single out AOC, because she's the most high profile of the three, I fear she's going to get caught in a constant fight with everyone and not have the ability to get anything accomplished. Which, again, is frustrating because she's sitting on an import platform.

I also think she runs the risk of getting primaried for her own seat.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

aoc is a nut. a hot nut. but a nut nontheless.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Cascadia wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:10 am
sdoyel wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:33 pm Infrastructure Bill:

Passed
AOC, Omar and Tlaib voting against this bill is ...........frustrating. Feels like a "I'm going to fight just to fight" situation.

Anytime you're on the same side as MTG is not a good look. To single out AOC, because she's the most high profile of the three, I fear she's going to get caught in a constant fight with everyone and not have the ability to get anything accomplished. Which, again, is frustrating because she's sitting on an import platform.

I also think she runs the risk of getting primaried for her own seat.
Obviously it all depends on who will run against her.
She absolutely crushed in her last primary (74.4% of the vote - next closest person had 18.1%).
She beat the Republican and won by over 40% of the vote in the general election.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

that nut is perfect for ny.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

I don't accept the premise that "The country is more to the right than you think", and it's due to democrats who are too progressive, as explanations for why the child poverty rate increased from an all-time low of 5.2% in '21, to 12.4% in 2022. I blame Joe Manchin.

Joe Manchin Killed the Expanded Child Tax Credit
Mjl wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:50 am
TraditionKU wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:20 am
Mjl wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:38 pm I hope you guys enjoy not getting any, ANY of the policies you allegedly advocate for.

Democrats are the best thing that ever happened to Republicans.
lotta truth

fuck manchin and cinnamon
No, that's my point, it's not Mancini and Synema, there are 50 other Senators with them. The country is more to the right than you think. Compromise, or get nothing and let the Republican crazies take over. It seems the Progressive caucus prefers the latter.
https://twitter.com/DarrenKaplan/status ... 8774053191

https://twitter.com/crampell/status/1701600018162180523
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas