Manchin

Ugh.
Leawood

Manchin

Post by Leawood »

He is now being an attention whore, especially on the second bill. He has been given every compromise. He now says, “We don’t have to be in a hurry.” So, when the first bill is passed, and Manchin is eager for funds for WV, especially for broadband, I would teach him a lesson and withhold funds using his words: “We don’t need to be in a hurry. Your constituents can continue to use the library.” Let him chew on that. I wouldn’t take his calls.
Cascadia

Re: Manchin

Post by Cascadia »

He’s a wolf in sheep’s clothing and sabotaging Biden’s presidency. Same with bat shit crazy in Arizona.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

QOP Operative.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

I hope you guys enjoy not getting any, ANY of the policies you allegedly advocate for.

Democrats are the best thing that ever happened to Republicans.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

Mjl wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:38 pm I hope you guys enjoy not getting any, ANY of the policies you allegedly advocate for.

lotta truth

fuck manchin and cinnamon
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

The two party system is the best thing that ever happened to the oligarchy.

But Qusdahl already bumped the evil rich people thread (lulz) so for the rest of the day maybe I’ll stick to fishing movies

Til tip-off, at least
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:20 am
Mjl wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:38 pm I hope you guys enjoy not getting any, ANY of the policies you allegedly advocate for.

lotta truth

No, that's my point, it's not Mancini and Synema, there are 50 other Senators with them. The country is more to the right than you think. Compromise, or get nothing and let the Republican crazies take over. It seems the Progressive caucus prefers the latter.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

What is there to compromise?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Deleted User 89

Mjl wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:50 am

lotta truth

No, that's my point, it's not Mancini and Synema, there are 50 other Senators with them. The country is more to the right than you think. Compromise, or get nothing and let the Republican crazies take over. It seems the Progressive caucus prefers the latter.
i guess i don’t follow

is it not those two that are holding up major legislation? there has already been much compromise just to get those two closer to support. no amount of compromise is going to bring republicans to the table.

i don’t think the country is more to the right, necessarily...i think it’s more independent/moderate than most realize. but, there is still overwhelming general support for the “build back better” plan. as of mid sept. 66% of the country, including 61% of independents supported it (only 39% of pubs).

manchin won’t support doing away with fossil fuel subsidies or other “incentives” designed to move us away from fossil fuels. he just won’t. and getting rid of that part of the legislation should be a non-starter...it’s key to starting down the path necessary to tackle both biodiversity loss and climate change.

so, i’m not sure what kind of compromising you think is worthwhile and justified
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

i hope the good folks in manuchins and cinemas state realize how lucky they are. they are about the only two that are doing the right thing and putting folks over party.

God speed.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I wonder what Manchin would be like if he wasn’t a walking conflict of interest…
Deleted User 89

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:07 pm i hope the good folks in manuchins and cinemas state realize how lucky they are. they are about the only two that are doing the right thing and putting folks over party.

God speed.
you’d do well to educate yourself, particularly on how cinnamon’s constituency feels about her

lots of buyers remorse

(or you could just continue with your ignorant takes...probably easier fur you that way)
Deleted User 89

hey mich, how’s that clean and sparkling michigan water treating you?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/michigan-i ... 1635686526

:lol:
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:04 pm
Mjl wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:50 am
lotta truth

i guess i don’t follow

is it not those two that are holding up major legislation? there has already been much compromise just to get those two closer to support. no amount of compromise is going to bring republicans to the table.

i don’t think the country is more to the right, necessarily...i think it’s more independent/moderate than most realize. but, there is still overwhelming general support for the “build back better” plan. as of mid sept. 66% of the country, including 61% of independents supported it (only 39% of pubs).

manchin won’t support doing away with fossil fuel subsidies or other “incentives” designed to move us away from fossil fuels. he just won’t. and getting rid of that part of the legislation should be a non-starter...it’s key to starting down the path necessary to tackle both biodiversity loss and climate change.

so, i’m not sure what kind of compromising you think is worthwhile and justified
Correct, it is not just those two, to think of it in those terms is to just throw out representation of half the country.

I would say that the bipartisan infrastructure bill that the Progressive caucus is blocking is the compromise.

I think the detachment here is they are thinking of compromise in terms of compromising between the progressives and moderates. That's not how compromise works. When you have a 50/50 Senate and one of your 50 is from one of the reddest states, you don't have a majority. So yes, compromise needs to involve the other side of the aisle.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:12 pm hey mich, how’s that clean and sparkling michigan water treating you?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/michigan-i ... 1635686526

:lol:
Mich's water is just fine. He don't care about anyone else's water.
Defense. Rebounds.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

The chirrens can just Google it, it’s not complicated.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
Deleted User 89

dolomite wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:47 pm
The chirrens can just Google it, it’s not complicated.
1) do you really not think slavery and racism, and by extension even civil rights, should be taught in school?

2) you’d really be ok with the interwebz “teaching” kids about slavery and racism? sounds like a great idea...nothing could possibly go wrong...
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I’m guessing dolomite knows about as much about critical race theory as that dood in the good liars vid
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

Racism, being a social construct shouldn’t be in a school curriculum. Rather broad studies re the “human race” would be more effective.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan