Lance Leipold is a God Damn Gangster.

Kansas Football.
CrimsonNBlue

Re: Lance Leipold is a God Damn Gangster.

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

KU football fans are happy which means hartjack is not. Condolences.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

That game last night was such a rollercoaster. Up 14-0 I'm thinking we got a chance. Tied 14-14 oh boy.
Boom up 35-14 at half we got this. The second half was hold on to your seat we still in this. I am positive you couldn't had a more exciting finish of a game.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Meh. 57-56. So tired of these kinds of defensive struggles. If I saw one more punt I was going to change the channel. Ha! Man that was a Godsend. Daniels pulled a Reesing versus CO. Redshirt gone.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

Oh boy. I really think the Gangster move of all time is RS Jalon. Tough call. You want to build momentum but man 2 games versus a whole year. You can build around Neal and Jalon for three years.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:50 pm I FUCKING TOLD ALL OF YOU! 😉
Me too
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Overlander wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:12 pm
Me too
He's still got a lot to prove. This recruiting class, which is tiny right now, being among them.

But last night was great.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

PhDhawk wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:23 pm
Me too
He's still got a lot to prove. This recruiting class, which is tiny right now, being among them.

Have said all along the real questions with this staff would be recruiting and development and game day would be fine.

But, there is something to be said about looking like you belong on the same field as OU and Texas with this group. Those schools are full of guys that would never consider playing at KU.

The depth isn’t going to get any worse than it is. It looks like if the recruiting is merely passable that this staff will have us competing.

So much more competitive than last season. A lot of improvement. Think how much better Daniels looks with this staff.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

It was truly strange how good Daniels looked. It’s like a great offense for him. Throwing on the run, no sitting in a pocket, has the ball on designed runs. Much better fit for him then the RPO offense ran last year.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:56 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:23 pm

Me too

Have said all along the real questions with this staff would be recruiting and development and game day would be fine.

But, there is something to be said about looking like you belong on the same field as OU and Texas with this group. Those schools are full of guys that would never consider playing at KU.

The depth isn’t going to get any worse than it is. It looks like if the recruiting is merely passable that this staff will have us competing.

So much more competitive than last season. A lot of improvement. Think how much better Daniels looks with this staff.
That a lot of lawyer speak but not exactly on point. This staff picked Bean over Jalon. What's your thoughts about that decision? You cherry picking the games. OU and UT. That's it.
What your thoughts on the ISU game or the Texas Tech game and do not forget the the game against the team that wears PURPLE??? What about the OSU game?? Was that game competitive enough for you???

Yes the depth can get worse. As we sit today our depth is going to get worse. You the same guys that got so excited when Beaty beat UT. I get you so use to losing any W is a top of the mountain moment but recruiting is where you win football games.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Daniels got hurt in camp. And the staff likes to stick with a guy. They’ve done that for a long time now.

Scott Chasen who used to cover them for 247 said they Daniels was winning the job before injury. But once abeam started the season, they didn’t want to change that.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

Ok that makes a lot of sense. Daniels looked so good last night. What do you think about RS Daniels the rest of the season???
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:19 pm Daniels got hurt in camp. And the staff likes to stick with a guy. They’ve done that for a long time now.

Scott Chasen who used to cover them for 247 said they Daniels was winning the job before injury. But once abeam started the season, they didn’t want to change that.
Please, no facts for hartjack8.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

hartjack8 wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:32 pm Ok that makes a lot of sense. Daniels looked so good last night. What do you think about RS Daniels the rest of the season???
I have no strong opinion one way or the other. I think everyone who played last year gets that extra year of eligibility so it may not matter much. But not sure.

I will say this. In action against kstate and Texas, he is something like 69% completion percentage, 4 TDs 0 INTs for 300+ yards and 50 yards on the ground and a TD.

That’s pretty good. I’m fine with either Daniels or Bean.

UnholyLivingDead

Post by UnholyLivingDead »

Personally, I still like the idea of redshirting Daniels if it's at all possible. The transformation he made between getting his butt kicked behind that awful OLine last year to now working with Zebrowski is super impressive. But if last year doesn't count/he chooses to become a super senior when the time comes, we could still have him for 4 more years. That's not bad for a guy who started his college career at age 17.

What could we gain by giving him the last 2 games? Honestly, this team has a realistic shot at beating TCU next week. Now I didn't say we would. But they got a chance against a team who fired their coach mid-season. Could we beat WVU in the season finale? Not so sure. It seems obvious that we'll be bigger underdogs in that game than the TCU game.

But if you could burn Daniels redshirt and be guaranteed to win the last two games, end the year with 4 wins and on a 3-game win streak, you'd take that trade in a heartbeat. So maybe it's worth a chance.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

pretty sure daniels redshirt burnt the moment he entered a game
Just Ledoux it
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Red shirting doesn't make sense in a world where you need game snaps. And transfer portals.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

TDub wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:31 pm pretty sure daniels redshirt burnt the moment he entered a game
You get like 4 game appearances in football.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:52 pm
TDub wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:31 pm pretty sure daniels redshirt burnt the moment he entered a game
really? did not know that.....is that a new rule?
Just Ledoux it
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

TDub wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:04 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:52 pm
really? did not know that.....is that a new rule?
Something like 3 years old. There will be changes to the basketball one before long, too.

Football makes a lot of sense with how many injuries there are. Need to fill your rosters last few weeks of the year.
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

Bean has elite speed. Daniels reads defense better and isn’t exactly slow. Good QB’s are hard to find. Start Bean, red shirt Daniels and develop someone behind him.