Kansas Football 2022 Season

Kansas Football.
NewtonHawk11

Re: Kansas Football 2022 Season

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

What happens with another RB injury? Locklin is gone so basically leaves Neal and Hishaw as only guys with experience and as we saw, this offense runs multi-back concepts. We need depth there.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Sevion is still there I thought
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

True, but he had a total of 185 yards all year. That's all.

Didn't get a carry or reception in the bowl game.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 9:14 am True, but he had a total of 185 yards all year. That's all.

Didn't get a carry or reception in the bowl game.
Hishaw didn't do much until this year. Morrison as the 3rd back puts us in pretty good shape. Of course, we'll add a guy or two, as well.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Yes, but showed some promise to end the 2020 season before being hurt all 2021. Ended the year with a total of 180 yards between the 2 games against OU and Tech.

But you see a trend with Hishaw, injured all of 2021, hurt most 2022. Neal was also banged up most of the year as well. Can't rely on just a couple of guys for this RB position.

Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I think a hybrid flanker WR is a good option using the Locklin model. It is hard to get an experienced guy to be a fourth RB.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I thought Morrison looked better than Thomas in his limited action anyway.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Again, seemed Thomas was kind of behind the 8-ball early. Hamstring injury I think in fall camp and those things linger like crazy.

You don't go from 800+ yards at Big 10 Minnesota to like 200 yards at Kansas without something happening.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Thomas was good at Minn, wonder if it was having a hard time grasping the system. Maybe just a bad fit, too.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

There will be, what, 100 D-1 RB's in the transfer portal? Not worried about this one. Lose Jalon, a lineman, or a DB, then my concern level is up several notches.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Side note, Bean is returning to Lawrence based off his recent Instagram post and some other reports recently coming out.

He could go to a G5 and probably start and be fine, but wants to stay in Lawrence. Not sure if it's partly due to the final pass he threw this year or what. But big time news for Kansas.

KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

anyone with a sense of the dynamic b/t Bean and Daniels?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Interesting. Given Jalon's injury history, you'd think he could very well miss a game or two next season. But, it might be time to get Vasko those reps.

That said, you always try to get to a bowl game. Always.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:10 am anyone with a sense of the dynamic b/t Bean and Daniels?
I think they're good friends. JD greeted Bean off the field almost every drive when JD was hurt.

Bean wouldn't return if he didn't like the teammates or coaches. Like I said, he's got an opportunity to go start somewhere but didn't.

Do think they want to see what Vasko can do, but I think he's a completely different offensive-style QB than what they have in Bean and Daniels. Vasko probably a pass-first and JD and Bean are run first offensive scheme type of QBs. Vasko will be a RS Freshman next year. Then will likely have the reins starting in 2024 unless JD wants to use Super-Senior year, which is possible.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:17 am
KUTradition wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:10 am anyone with a sense of the dynamic b/t Bean and Daniels?
I think they're good friends. JD greeted Bean off the field almost every drive when JD was hurt.

Bean wouldn't return if he didn't like the teammates or coaches. Like I said, he's got an opportunity to go start somewhere but didn't.

Do think they want to see what Vasko can do, but I think he's a completely different offensive-style QB than what they have in Bean and Daniels. Vasko probably a pass-first and JD and Bean are run first offensive scheme type of QBs. Vasko will be a RS Freshman next year. Then will likely have the reins starting in 2024 unless JD wants to use Super-Senior year, which is possible.
Speaking of when JD was hurt. Remember when that dweeb of the LJW said JD was going to be out all year? Good times.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:35 am
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:17 am

Speaking of when JD was hurt. Remember when that dweeb of the LJW said JD was going to be out all year? Good times.
Best football season in over a decade and the LJW didn't exactly cover themselves in glory covering it.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Gutter or not, the Tait hotel disaster tweet in the middle of the night wasn't great either.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:35 am Speaking of when JD was hurt. Remember when that dweeb of the LJW said JD was going to be out all year? Good times.
I had forgotten about that.
WHOOPSIES!

https://twitter.com/CoachLeipold/status ... 6942554113
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:53 am They have a pretty good DE from Utah State, Daniel Grzesiak, that is either coming for a visit or just wrapped up. First played at Nevada, transferred to Utah State and almost had double digit sacks. A shorter, more powerful guy like Lonnie Phelps. He's a similar transfer as Phelps. Lesser level of competition but performed well at that level and want to come to top level and see how they do and Lonnie did really well at KU this past year and I think he's coming back for Super-Senior year.

Think KU has a good shot with the guy.
So Lonnie Phelps just announced he is going pro. Good for him. Bad for Kansas.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Ugh.

Guess you have to sell that you can transfer here, play, and go to the nfl.