Re: Kansas Football 2022 Season

Post by pdub »

Rough city.
Man he was good this year.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:03 am What happens with another RB injury? Locklin is gone so basically leaves Neal and Hishaw as only guys with experience and as we saw, this offense runs multi-back concepts. We need depth there.
Wait, where's Locklin going?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Shit I swore he was a senior. Beaty recruited him here for crying out loud. Maybe he’s not..?
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
HenrySwanson

Post by HenrySwanson »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:15 am Shit I swore he was a senior. Beaty recruited him here for crying out loud. Maybe he’s not..?
Redshirt soph per KUAD roster. Hope he doesn't portal on us.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Morningstar legacy there. I thought he was gone too.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

He's a RS-Junior. Did he have an injury year? RS's and COVID are going to keep guys on campus for a long time.
nu_bronco

Post by nu_bronco »

hartjack8 wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:00 pm
nu_bronco wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:43 am Sucks he isn't wanting to stick around and work but good luck to him.

Now can someone get a couple of transfer linebackers and/or defensive linemen to come to KU.
We have taken three transfer linebackers ly and two the year before. What we have so far this year is a DE from Minn Austin Booker another DE from Minn Gage Keys that they project to move inside and a DT from Colo ST. Devin Phillips

Our base defense is 4-3 one-gap scheme
I had forgot about those linemen from Minnesota. Don't think I knew about the Colorado ST DT. I am looking forward to the linebacker from Colorado. He is a high school kid but sounded like he will be good just a matter of time probably.
HenrySwanson

Post by HenrySwanson »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:57 am He's a RS-Junior. Did he have an injury year? RS's and COVID are going to keep guys on campus for a long time.
You know, my eyes read the words "RS-Junior" on the roster and for some reason my hands typed out "RS-Soph". I blame lack of coffee.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

nu_bronco wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:58 am
hartjack8 wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:00 pm
nu_bronco wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:43 am Sucks he isn't wanting to stick around and work but good luck to him.

Now can someone get a couple of transfer linebackers and/or defensive linemen to come to KU.
We have taken three transfer linebackers ly and two the year before. What we have so far this year is a DE from Minn Austin Booker another DE from Minn Gage Keys that they project to move inside and a DT from Colo ST. Devin Phillips

Our base defense is 4-3 one-gap scheme
I had forgot about those linemen from Minnesota. Don't think I knew about the Colorado ST DT. I am looking forward to the linebacker from Colorado. He is a high school kid but sounded like he will be good just a matter of time probably.
Yeah Logan Brantley, he played safety in HS but most likely the Hawk LB in this defense but he going to take a couple years.

We have 12 HS commits that are all 3-stars. Three WR's that I really like and a RB that should see the field early.
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

Bean returning. Good news for KU. Quality back up and could be a starter elsewhere.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I’m surprised with Beans announcement but that only bolsters this offense next season.

Bean is an excellent backup and they’ll use him all over the field at other positions more to trick defenses.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Expect Bean to be Kerry Meier.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Sparko wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 6:02 pm Expect Bean to be Kerry Meier.
He better put on 60 lbs of muscle and completely change his mindset because that dude wants zero parts of contact.

His best bet is to stay a back up QB with a sprinkling of trick plays. I have serious doubts JD6 can stay healthy for an entire season unless they don’t run him at all. (which takes away a good portion of why this offense is so good)
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Correct. Quite a few teams had starting QBs get hurt during the year and had to turn to a backup. KU, kstate, Texas Tech, West Va, oSu, Baylor, Texas, OU and that was just in the Big 12. TCU was healthy at QB all year as was Iowa State. You need a solid backup QB.

This is probably Bean and Daniels last year here, if I had a guess. Think Daniels has a good year to where he gives the NFL a shot and Bean will be a Super Senior. Enjoy 2023 and then Vasko has the keys in 2024 and for the next couple of years after that.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I'm hoping Daniels sticks around for the NIL money for at least 2 more seasons.

I think he has a really nice arm and he's obviously athletic. But, his frame is not desirable by the NFL. Don't see him sticking in the NFL unless he gets way better. Would be an all-timer here, though. Plus, can't forget how young he is.
nu_bronco

Post by nu_bronco »

When does the 2023 season thread get started? I am optimistic we will see more good things on the field next season. Also, can't wait to see some final renderings of the stadium improvements.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:48 am Correct. Quite a few teams had starting QBs get hurt during the year and had to turn to a backup. KU, kstate, Texas Tech, West Va, oSu, Baylor, Texas, OU and that was just in the Big 12. TCU was healthy at QB all year as was Iowa State. You need a solid backup QB.

This is probably Bean and Daniels last year here, if I had a guess. Think Daniels has a good year to where he gives the NFL a shot and Bean will be a Super Senior. Enjoy 2023 and then Vasko has the keys in 2024 and for the next couple of years after that.
I don't see Daniels leaving after next season. He is super fun but has some major holes in his basic QB skills at even the NCAA level, let alone the NFL level.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

There's been quite a few NCAA QBs that give it a shot even if prospects aren't good. If he has a top notch year, he may give it a shot and try to go out swinging. I mean, Jake Heaps was on an NFL roster, albeit only for a bit.