HAPPY HOLIDAYS, YOU DOUCHEBAGS

Coffee talk.
ChalkRocker

HAPPY HOLIDAYS, YOU DOUCHEBAGS

Post by ChalkRocker »

...just kidding abt you being douchebags.

rcjhku, and may God bless us, everyone!!
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
pdub
Site Admin

Re: HAPPY HOLIDAYS, YOU DOUCHBAGS

Post by pdub »

Back at ya.
Looking forward to some extended time off and seeing fam.
sdoyel

Re: HAPPY HOLIDAYS, YOU DOUCHEBAGS

Post by sdoyel »

Off until Jan 3…
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
shindig

Post by shindig »

sdoyel wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:04 pm Off until Jan 3…
Nice, I'm working Mon-Wed this week then off the rest of the year. I have two weeks of vacation I'm carrying over, but too much work sh$t this week, otherwise I wouldn't be working at all this week.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

Just spent two weeks in the Empire. Heading back to Lawrence for the holidays. Be safe, everyone!
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Been with the in-laws in rural Western Michigan for five days. Only seven more to go. But who’s counting?!?
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

It will be another working holiday. I get to see my daughters briefly while they are in town and then back out to the Empire to pick up where Defixione left off, for the last week of the year. We will be moving everything from one building squat (including the Spud Lounge) to the new squat across the street. There are a couple of tons of magazines (you can't have a collage party without thousands of old magazines), plus a kitchen's worth of cabinets and appliances and floor tile, "Big Blue" and the good detritus of 40 years of hoarding left by our predecessors. The upshot of this, is the town will have a full time business tenant in the former Spud Lounge building for the first time in 35 years. We are helping the local high school's business club set up a business and run it in the building. Nothing says "Merry Christmas" like passing along the gift of vulture capitalism to the younger generation. I will also be working on some large scale images I am calling, "The Ghosts of Christmas Past".

To all of you, a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays. God bless you every one.

We will be set up in our new squat in time for Solstice 2022, this year it will be held on June 25. Make your reservations now!
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Happy holidays everybody!

Japhy what building across the street didja get?
ProudBoy

Post by ProudBoy »

japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:31 am Happy holidays everybody!

Japhy what building across the street didja get?
We already owned it when you were there. The Spud Lounge will now be in the back of the old Mor Valu store. We will have another outdoor parking/party location there that won't be interrupted by headlights every time an old pickup pulls up to the liquor store. It will be in the alley on the east side of main street, two doors north of the cantina.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Oh cool!

I thought the mor valu store was owned by some other guy at the time? Who liked fishing and sold tie dye shirts.

I dunno, maybe not. in hindsight I don’t remember much about that weekend, I blame Plano’s cocktails
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

We own Mor Valu and Pizza no Mas. The tie guy from Seattle owns the old hardware store a couple of doors north of us. We have been chewing holes thru the masonry common walls in Mor Valu/Pizza No Mas to combine our two buildings. We have been installing windows on the east walls to get some sunshine into the cave. We will have a nice big open air room on the backside of Pizza. About 25 foot x 50 foot with 20 foot ceilings and gravel floors. Some sorta shit is gonna go down in there I reckon.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

japhy wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:26 am It will be another working holiday. I get to see my daughters briefly while they are in town and then back out to the Empire to pick up where Defixione left off, for the last week of the year. We will be moving everything from one building squat (including the Spud Lounge) to the new squat across the street. There are a couple of tons of magazines (you can't have a collage party without thousands of old magazines), plus a kitchen's worth of cabinets and appliances and floor tile, "Big Blue" and the good detritus of 40 years of hoarding left by our predecessors. The upshot of this, is the town will have a full time business tenant in the former Spud Lounge building for the first time in 35 years. We are helping the local high school's business club set up a business and run it in the building. Nothing says "Merry Christmas" like passing along the gift of vulture capitalism to the younger generation. I will also be working on some large scale images I am calling, "The Ghosts of Christmas Past".

To all of you, a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays. God bless you every one.

We will be set up in our new squat in time for Solstice 2022, this year it will be held on June 25. Make your reservations now!
It's been CAF while we've been here yet the locals insist on wearing short sleeved T's. It's supposed to start warming up when we leave tomorrow so you'll have great weather for the move.

We're looking forward to seeing the new capitalist enclave next door, upon our return. They better be selling espressos.
shindig

Post by shindig »

defixione wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:09 am Just spent two weeks in the Empire. Heading back to Lawrence for the holidays. Be safe, everyone!
So where is Empire? Referring to NYC?
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

San Luis Valley, CO
shindig

Post by shindig »

defixione wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:00 pm San Luis Valley, CO
Ah, way off...lol.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Pencil the wife and in for Solstice.

Room for a camper? Or do I need to call dibs on the “house”?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Oh, I also wanted to see about making an offer on “Big Blue”

I simply HAVE to have it!
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

Overlander wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:03 pm Pencil the wife and in for Solstice.

Always room for a camper in our back yard. We'll even have all the amenities inside!
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

defixione wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:19 pm
Overlander wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:03 pm Pencil the wife and in for Solstice.

Always room for a camper in our back yard. We'll even have all the amenities inside!