HAPPY HOLIDAYS, YOU DOUCHEBAGS

Coffee talk.
jhawks99
Contributor

Re: HAPPY HOLIDAYS, YOU DOUCHEBAGS

Post by jhawks99 »

I really wish the whole gift giving thing would go away.
Defense. Rebounds.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Say it louder!

For years, I’ve told folks that I don’t think nothing is too much to ask for.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

i love getting gifts. i love giving gifts. i love going to Christmas mass.

i love the holidays.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

jhawks99 wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:21 pm I really wish the whole gift giving thing would go away.
Obviously I get it as to kids, etc. But I couldn't agree more when it comes to grown adults.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I like giving gifts, even with adults.
And if I get a gift I wont use, I'll just say thank you and give to good will.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:34 pm
jhawks99 wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:21 pm I really wish the whole gift giving thing would go away.
Obviously I get it as to kids, etc. But I couldn't agree more when it comes to grown adults.
Exactly, I'm all about buy stuff for the grandkids.
Defense. Rebounds.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I got a new saw, tree clippers, shoes that I'll definitely wear, couple of shirts I'll definitely wear, a fan that distributes heat that sits on my wood stove, a six pack of Dogfish, a bottle of Gates BBQ sauce and a gift certificate to a car detailing spot.

It was great.
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

pdub wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:07 pm I got a new saw, tree clippers, shoes that I'll definitely wear, couple of shirts I'll definitely wear, a fan that distributes heat that sits on my wood stove, a six pack of Dogfish, a bottle of Gates BBQ sauce and a gift certificate to a car detailing spot.

It was great.

Dang, dawg. You scored LOOT!!

I got two shirts (what don't fit, but I'll swap 'em), a set of coasters, fridge magnets (one a Jayhawk!), meat rub, and gym shorts ( which I asked for, and fit great).

I'm frickin' rich. Two thank-yous written, one to go.
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Meat rub.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I was gonna say. If I had a BUD from whom I received gifts, I’d be asking for…nm
ProudBoy

Post by ProudBoy »

x10000
ProudBoy

Post by ProudBoy »

ChalkRocker wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:49 pm
pdub wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:07 pm I got a new saw, tree clippers, shoes that I'll definitely wear, couple of shirts I'll definitely wear, a fan that distributes heat that sits on my wood stove, a six pack of Dogfish, a bottle of Gates BBQ sauce and a gift certificate to a car detailing spot.

It was great.

Dang, dawg. You scored LOOT!!

I got two shirts (what don't fit, but I'll swap 'em), a set of coasters, fridge magnets (one a Jayhawk!), meat rub, and gym shorts ( which I asked for, and fit great).

I'm frickin' rich. Two thank-yous written, one to go.
Such a good kid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Is it the hassle of finding gifts that people dont like?
I get it...but that's also what can make it great when you know you've found the right one.
ProudBoy

Post by ProudBoy »

Santa blessed me with a brand new smoker.

Too bad he delivered the floor model - dust, dings and all. Needless to say, he’s already agreed to deliver a brand new one.

It might be too fancy. It’s got wi-fi and smartphone-based temperature monitoring/control. But, it’s nearly twice the size of the old one and with an upper deck. Color me spoiled.
ProudBoy

Post by ProudBoy »

pdub wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:23 pm Is it the hassle of finding gifts that people dont like?
I get it...but that's also what can make it great when you know you've found the right one.
I’ve got no problem getting gifts for family, generally. My biggest issue is co-workers. The gifts are never thoughtful or individualized, and too often just consist of random shit someone picked up at the dollar store. If the thought is what matters, just give me a card. Or better yet, donate to a charity in my name.

But I agree, it’s hard to beat finding the perfect gift for someone (especially parents).
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:23 pm Is it the hassle of finding gifts that people dont like?
To each his own. Among my friend group, we're all content I suppose to buy, for ourselves, what we want for ourselves.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

My friends just buy each other liquor or beer. I'm talking family here.
shindig

Post by shindig »

My parents just always give cash and a few stocking stuffer things anymore, they don’t even ask… lol. From the gf, I got a sweet J Crew flannel shirt (slim fit even), flannel pajama bottoms, a KU tshirt (remember, she’s a Mizzou gal), some BBQ seasoning and sauce and a pair of Baldwin denim jeans. I’m pretty sure she spent more than me, but I made up for it later :)
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

shindig wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:09 pm My parents just always give cash and a few stocking stuffer things anymore, they don’t even ask… lol. From the gf, I got a sweet J Crew flannel shirt (slim fit even), flannel pajama bottoms, a KU tshirt (remember, she’s a Mizzou gal), some BBQ seasoning and sauce and a pair of Baldwin denim jeans. I’m pretty sure she spent more than me, but I made up for it later :)
By sneaking the money you stole back in her purse?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I got a heated jacket.....which...is awesome..except.... Its on backorder until after the new year, which, is unfortunate since its supposed to be below 0 the next 3-4 days.
Just Ledoux it