Solstice

Coffee talk.
japhy
Contributor

Solstice

Post by japhy »

It's the longest day of the year and the shortest. The next summer Solstice event will be 6/25/22 in the Empire. We have more high school band unis so be prepared to march, bitches.

That is only 6 months away, make your reservations now. We think the Frontier Drive-In will be open for guests by then. If we rent out all of the accommodations at the Frontier, we will get to pick a movie to play on the big screen that night.

I am working on getting a music concert put together inside the mud hut cyclorama.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Overlander
Contributor

Re: Solstice

Post by Overlander »

japhy wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:52 am It's the longest day of the year and the shortest. The next summer Solstice event will be 6/25/22 in the Empire. We have more high school band unis so be prepared to march, bitches.

That is only 6 months away, make your reservations now. We think the Frontier Drive-In will be open for guests by then. If we rent out all of the accommodations at the Frontier, we will get to pick a movie to play on the big screen that night.

I am working on getting a music concert put together inside the mud hut cyclorama.
Wife and I will be there!
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

I have a conference call with the folks from the Frontier set for the first week of January. The weekend of June 25 may be their grand opening as well. That would take the accomidations at the Frontier out of play for our purposes, but assures that there will be a movie night at the drive in. We will look for ways to collaborate. It could be a very crowded Empire that weekend.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I'd be in just to see what the hell japhy is talking about but that's a long haul for me. I'll just have ousdahl live blog again.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

pdub wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:23 pm I'd be in just to see what the hell japhy is talking about but that's a long haul for me. I'll just have ousdahl live blog again.
Yeah, Solstice is for real men….
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Ousdahl?
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Where/What is the Empire?
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Been out here in the Empire for the last two and a half days. We are moving everything from our former squat next to Defix, to a new combined pair of buildings across the street. It is cold AF in the new Spud Lounge, we don't have heat in there yet.

There will be a high school student lounge in the old building that formerly housed the Spud Lounge. As we moved the last of our stuff out, a delivery truck showed up to drop off the video screen for the student lounge. The thing is 84" x 51", I think I know where we will be watching the Super Bowl.

The new Spud Lounge will be about twice as large. We will have 4,000 sf of party space and a larger backyard than this summer. There will be a 50'x25' attached and semi-open air room I have dubbed "The Shitshow" which will host something as yet to be determined. I showed The Shitshow to my buddy Dana from Saguache this morning. I told him we will have a set up for a band and for a video installation. He just started laughing and saying this could get out of hand pretty quickly. OK, that could be true.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

I got yer back.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Cascadia wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:29 pm Where/What is the Empire?
Take US 285 south out of Denver, at CO 112 turn east. You can't miss it.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7j2QKQbDPE&t=887s

Andy and May have visited the Spud Lounge, Andy played a gig in the compound behind the building. We will try to get Kelsey to Solstice this year. She is a character, and a great collage artist. If you come to Solstice you should stop at Kelsey's gallery just to talk to her.

https://hauckpedersen.com
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

le Centre, right?
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

japhy wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:04 am el Centro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWy_sBdwAxo
It's a handsome Empire.