Solstice

Coffee talk.
japhy
Contributor

Re: Solstice

Post by japhy »

Dear God NO!

It's not all just stories, there is some video footage of Solstice. This is video from Ousdahl's trip across the street to the El Centro Cantina.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDb00Mx7D7g
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

who knew Ousie had such dance skills?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

defixione wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:52 pm Anyone else follow Stumbalina on Instagram?
I for some reason am following her on Facebook.

She seems to mostly a spam bot on there
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

japhy wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:13 pm Dear God NO!

It's not all just stories, there is some video footage of Solstice. This is video from Ousdahl's trip across the street to the El Centro Cantina.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDb00Mx7D7g
Definitely more like this
https://youtu.be/fREmwwfT_Ts
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

I haven't met these folks yet but they have worked with my friends Ron and Chip. This map has some interesting links on it. If you zoom out a bit you can see the entire San Luis Valley.

https://landlines.site
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

One of the first people I reached out to when I got to town was the town manager. We have become friends and allies. He sent me this article below right after we met, he wanted me to know what we were getting into. Carpetbaggers need to know what the power structure is within a small town if they are gonna be successful and my friend Brian wants to see success. The only person in the article I know is Mary McClure, she is a character. Most recently she was the mayor. I spent one afternoon with her, drinking beer and shooting the shit after a community cook-off we hosted in The Spud Lounge. At some point we need to reach out to Jennie Sanchez. I have every reason to believe my benefactor, who sold us the buildings, and Jennie have been on opposite sides of a blood feud for decades. The Empress' family was involved in politics and we found documents while cleaning out buildings involving some dirt about the police force that was hidden away by her family.

In the valley our town is known as "Little Mexico". It is a derogatory term but no one in town seems to give a shit. It is the only town in the County with their own schools, fire department and police force. The town also owns all of the utility services. They take pride in that. The utilities have been a mess for decades but they seem to be working through their issues. For example, two of our buildings had water service but no meters. We just paid a flat fee every month. We have meters now. We still only pay the minimum every month but the laundromat probably pays more than us now.

One of the places mentioned in this article is the Center Theater. Until recently we owned that building. It has been closed for decades. The new owners are putting about $1.5M into it and it will be owned by a 501c3 corp. We found lots of artifacts inside that place. There were fliers for the theater and they called every Wednesday night, the "Spanish Show". They had Spanish language movies that were produced in Mexico. All of the original movie posters from the 1950's and 1960's were still in the back of the theater in a folded pile. I have them all and we are looking for regional artists to work with those and produce art using the old posters as a basis. My thoughts are to call the project the obvious, "Spanish Show".

https://center.cpr.org
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

The fight for water starts up again.

https://www.alamosacitizen.com/valley-g ... hMahXv_9so
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Biggest obstacle to development in the valley.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

It's the biggest obstacle to development in Denver as well. At least we don't have to bore a hole through a mountain and run a pipe 200 miles to get to it. My understanding is that getting the Sand Dunes designated a National Park was part of the plan to make it harder to take water out of the valley. That was one of the first things Mark Falcone worked on when he moved to Colorado from NY about 25 years ago. That was good foresight for a guy who was a carpetbagger from back East.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

So is this thing still on?
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

pdub wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:40 pm So is this thing still on?
Was there a doubt?

Fuck yeah it's on; June 25, 2022. When you get there, follow the marching band to the Spud Lounge.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

If you all are still alive in 2025, and this bored is still running, and this solstice deal is still going, I will go to that one.

You have my KCrim word.
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

don’t rush into it or anything
“Qusdahl ISNT wrong.” - PDub 1/28

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Got plans.
See you in 25 Qus.