Boulder game cancelled

Coffee talk.
Cascadia

Re: Boulder game cancelled

Post by Cascadia »

pdub wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:01 am If a debate about gun control or whether God exists or whether Biden is running for re-election etc became the main subject of a thread, it would be moved.

No politics on the Sports boreds.

Post to your hearts content here and the bored that is titled PoliBored.
Covid isn't a political issue scumbag
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Cascadia wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:20 am
pdub wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:01 am If a debate about gun control or whether God exists or whether Biden is running for re-election etc became the main subject of a thread, it would be moved.

Oh yes it is.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

This is a trick question, right?

Since, you know, Bill Self is God.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:21 am

Oh yes it is.
It’s only a political issue if you make it a political issue
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I don’t agree at all.
Sorry about the divide on the issue but you can debate about it here.

( I think here is the part where I have to point out I’ve been vaccinated and have my booster appointment in 5 days or I’ll be labeled a trumper—who is a political figure )
ProudBoy

Post by ProudBoy »

Idiots have made it political, but it isn’t inherently so. Just like Ebola, Influenza, Japanese Encephalitis, etc. aren’t inherently political, but can easily be made political for nefarious reasons.
Deleted User 863

ousdahl wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:21 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:21 am

Oh yes it is.
It’s only a political issue if you make it a political issue
And we've probably all made it a political issue at one time or another. No reason to pretend it isn't at this point. It never should have been, but that's what it has become.
Deleted User 863

pdub wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:23 am I don’t agree at all.
Sorry about the divide on the issue but you can debate about it here.

( I think here is the part where I have to point out I’ve been vaccinated and have my booster appointment in 5 days or I’ll be labeled a trumper—who is a political figure )
Snowflake if you move the thread. Snowflake if you take the shots.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Covid became political the moment the leader of the free world treated covid as political, as just another faux pas to be remedied with a PR campaign, and not as a pandemic to be remedied with common sense health precautions.
Deleted User 863

ousdahl wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:41 am Covid became political the moment the leader of the free world treated covid as political, as just another faux pas to be remedied with a PR campaign, and not as a pandemic to be remedied with common sense health precautions.
Right around the same time travel restrictions became racist iirc.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

May 2018

The Trump Administration disbands the White House pandemic response team.

July 2019

The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) epidemiologist embedded in China’s disease control agency left the post, and the Trump Administration eliminated the role.

Oct. 2019

“Currently, there are insufficient funding sources designated for the federal government to use in response to a severe influenza pandemic.”

Jan. 22, 2020

“We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. It’s going to be just fine.”

Jan. 24, 2020

Trump praises China’s handling of the coronavirus: “China has been working very hard to contain the Coronavirus. The United States greatly appreciates their efforts and transparency. It will all work out well. In particular, on behalf of the American People, I want to thank President Xi!”

Jan. 28, 2020

“This will be the biggest national security threat you face in your presidency...This is going to be the roughest thing you face" Trump’s National Security Advisor to Trump

Jan. 30, 2020

"The lack of immune protection or an existing cure or vaccine would leave Americans defenseless in the case of a full-blown coronavirus outbreak on US soil,...This lack of protection elevates the risk of the coronavirus evolving into a full-blown pandemic, imperiling the lives of millions of Americans.” [Memo from Trump Trade Advisor Peter Navarro]

Feb. 2, 2020

“We pretty much shut it down coming in from China.”

Feb. 7, 2020

“It’s also more deadly than even your strenuous flu... This is deadly stuff” [Trump in a private interview with Bob Woodward from The Washington Post made public on Sept. 9, 2020]

Feb. 10, 2020

“I think the virus is going to be—it’s going to be fine.”

Feb. 10, 2020

“Looks like by April, you know in theory when it gets a little warmer, it miraculously goes away.”

Feb. 24, 2020

“The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA… the Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”

Feb. 25, 2020

“CDC and my Administration are doing a GREAT job of handling Coronavirus.”

Feb. 25, 2020

“I think that's a problem that’s going to go away… They have studied it. They know very much. In fact, we’re very close to a vaccine.”

Feb. 26, 2020

“The 15 (cases in the US) within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero.”

Feb. 26, 2020

“We're going very substantially down, not up.”

Feb. 26, 2020

“Well, we're testing everybody that we need to test. And we're finding very little problem. Very little problem.”

Feb. 26, 2020

"This is a flu. This is like a flu."

Feb. 27, 2020

“It’s going to disappear. One day, it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”

Feb. 27, 2020

“The ineptness with which the Trump Administration approached this problem is not only serious, it can be deadly if not changed in the approach.” – Rep. Lloyd Doggett [During a hearing, Rep. Doggett questions HHS Sec. Azar on Trump's refusal to take this virus seriously, warning about mask and test shortages]

Feb. 28, 2020

“We're ordering a lot of supplies. We're ordering a lot of, uh, elements that frankly we wouldn't be ordering unless it was something like this. But we're ordering a lot of different elements of medical.”

Feb. 28, 2020 “The Democrats are politicizing coronavirus. Coronavirus. They are politicizing it. We did one of the great jobs …. This is their new hoax.”
Feb. 29, 2020 “In truth we do not have a clue how many are infected in the USA. We are expecting the first wave to spread in the US within the next 7 days.” [Email from Trump Advisor and virologist Steven Hatfill to Peter Navarro, reported by The Washington Post on Sept. 15, 2021]
Mar. 1, 2020
Peter Navarro warns Trump that the federal response is “NOT fast enough” and that a “very serious public health emergency” was looming. [Reported by The Washington Post on Sept. 15. 2021]

March 2, 2020

“You take a solid flu vaccine, you don't think that could have an impact, or much of an impact, on corona?” [Trump to health officials who answered "No."]

March 2, 2020

“A lot of things are happening, a lot of very exciting things are happening and they’re happening very rapidly.”

March 4, 2020

“Now, and this is just my hunch, and — but based on a lot of conversations with a lot of people that do this. Because a lot people will have this and it's very mild.”

March 4, 2020

“If we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work — some of them go to work, but they get better.”

March 5, 2020

“I NEVER said people that are feeling sick should go to work.”

March 5, 2020

“The United States… has, as of now, only 129 cases… and 11 deaths. We are working very hard to keep these numbers as low as possible!”

March 6, 2020

“I think we’re doing a really good job in this country at keeping it down… a tremendous job at keeping it down.”

March 6, 2020

“You have to be calm. It’ll go away.”

March 6, 2020

“Anybody right now, and yesterday, anybody that needs a test gets a test. They’re there. And the tests are beautiful…. the tests are all perfect like the letter was perfect. The transcription was perfect. Right? This was not as perfect as that but pretty good.”

March 6, 2020

“I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it… Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president.”

March 6, 2020

“I don't need to have the numbers double because of one ship that wasn't our fault.”

Mar. 6, 2020
“We are, really, very highly prepared for anything.”

March 7, 2020

“No, I’m not concerned at all.

March 8, 2020

“We have a perfectly coordinated and fine-tuned plan at the White House for our attack on CoronaVirus.”

March 9, 2020

During a news conference, White House officials said the U.S. will have tested one million people that week and thereafter would complete 4 million tests per week. By the end of the week, the CDC had only completed a paltry 4,000 tests.

March 10, 2020

“Just stay calm. It will go away.”

March 11, 2020

The World Health Organization categorizes the coronavirus as a pandemic due to its alarming spread and severity.

March 11, 2020

“It goes away….It’s going away. We want it to go away with very, very few deaths.”

March 12, 2020

“The system is not really geared to what we need right now...That is a failing. Let’s admit it.” [Dr. Anthony Fauci, Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases to Congress]

March 12, 2020

"You know, you see what's going on. And so I just wanted that to stop as it pertains to the United States. And that's what we've done. We've stopped it."

March 13, 2020

“I don’t take responsibility at all.”

March 13, 2020

The Atlantic reports that less than 14,000 tests have been done in the ten weeks since the Administration had first been notified of the virus, though Mike Pence had promised the week prior that 1.5 million tests would be available by this time.

March 14, 2020

“I’d rate it a ten,” [Trump’s rating of his coronavirus response]

March 15, 2020

“Relax”

March 15, 2020

“This is a very contagious virus. It’s incredible. But it’s something that we have tremendous control over.”

March 16, 2020

“Respirators, ventilators, all of the equipment-try getting it yourselves,”

March 17, 2020

“The only thing we haven’t done well is get good press.”

March 17, 2020

“I felt like it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic.”

March 19, 2020

I intended "to always play it down.” [Trump in a private taped interview with Bob Woodward, made public on September 9]

March 20, 2020

“I say that you're a terrible reporter, that's what I say. I think it's a very nasty question, and I think it's a very bad signal that you're putting out to the American people." [Response to reporter’s question: "What do you say to Americans who are watching you right now who are scared?"]

March 22, 2020

“WE CANNOT LET THE CURE BE WORSE THAN THE PROBLEM ITSELF.”

March 24, 2020

“I'm also hopeful to have Americans working again by that Easter - that beautiful Easter day.”

March 24, 2020

“We’ve never closed down the country for the flu,” Trump said. “So you say to yourself, what is this all about?”

March 24, 2020

“They have to treat us well, also. They can’t say, ‘Oh, gee, we should get this, we should get that.’”

March 25, 2020

“The faster we go back, the better it’s going to be.”

March 26, 2020

The United States becomes the country with the most confirmed coronavirus cases. A title it keeps for the remainder of Trump's time in office.

March 26, 2020

“Congratulations AMERICA!” [On Senate passage of third relief bill]

March 26, 2020

“I don't believe you need 40,000 or 30,000 ventilators. You go into major hospitals sometimes, and they’ll have two ventilators. And now all of a sudden they’re saying, ‘Can we order 30,000 ventilators?’”

March 26, 2020

“We’ve had a big problem with the young, a woman governor from — you know who I’m talking about — from Michigan,”

March 27, 2020

“I love Michigan, one of the reasons we are doing such a GREAT job for them during this horrible Pandemic. Yet your Governor, Gretchen “Half” Whitmer is way in over her head, she doesn’t have a clue. Likes blaming everyone for her own ineptitude!”

March 27, 2020

“Mike, don’t call the governor of Washington. You’re wasting your time with him…”

March 27, 2020

“I want them to be appreciative. We've done a great job.”

March 27, 2020

“We’re doing a great job for the state of Washington and I think the Governor...he’s constantly chirping and I guess complaining would be a nice way of saying it.”

March 29, 2020

“Where are the masks going? Are they going out the back door? How do you go from 10,000 to 300,000?”

March 29, 2020

“Unfortunately the enemy is death. It's death. A lot of people are dying. So it's very unpleasant.”

March 30, 2020

"Stay calm, it will go away. You know it -- you know it is going away, and it will go away, and we're going to have a great victory."

https://doggett.house.gov/media-center/ ... -responses
Deleted User 863

Now do Biden...
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

#BothSidesDoIt

Not sure how I feel about his “severe illness and death” rhetoric, admittedly.

But, Biden is just cleaning up the mess he inherited from Trump. He knew what he was getting himself into tho.

But I think any halfway mature adult at the helm would have done a better job navigating covid, than your boy ol’ Cheeto Mussolini did
Deleted User 863

ousdahl wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:04 am #BothSidesDoIt

But, Biden is just cleaning up the mess he inherited from Trump. He knew what he was getting himself into tho.

But I think any halfway mature adult at the helm would have done a better job navigating covid, than your boy ol’ Cheeto Mussolini did
I don't think politicians are capable of stopping a global pandemic. And certainly not Trump or Biden.

Haven't more people died under Biden than Trump? Even though we've got better treatment and availability of vaccines?
Last edited by Deleted User 863 on Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:05 am

I don't think politicians are capable of stopping a global pandemic.

Haven't more people died under Biden than Trump? Even though we've got better treatment and availability of vaccines?
May 2018

July 2019

The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) epidemiologist embedded in China’s disease control agency left the post, and the Trump Administration eliminated the role.
Deleted User 863

Yup that would have stopped the entire thing. Rolls eyes.

Cool headlines though.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

And yeah more deaths under Biden than Trump, but that’s cuz he inherited Trump’s mess.

It’s not like Trump took office during 3000+ deaths a day average
Deleted User 863

ousdahl wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:06 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:05 am

I don't think politicians are capable of stopping a global pandemic.

May 2018

July 2019

https://www.kff.org/news-summary/usa-to ... alth-unit/
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:07 am Yup that would have stopped the entire thing. Rolls eyes.

Cool headlines though.
So you think disbanding pandemic response teams and eliminating CDC posts in China had no effect on responding to a pandemic that started in China?
Deleted User 863

ousdahl wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:08 am And yeah more deaths under Biden than Trump, but that’s cuz he inherited Trump’s mess.

It’s not like Trump took office during 3000+ deaths a day average
Sure and Trump inherited China's mess.

We can pass the buck all day long.