Boulder game cancelled

Coffee talk.
NDballer13

Re: Boulder game cancelled

Post by NDballer13 »

ChalkRocker wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:29 pm
NDballer13 wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:45 am It's really sad when guys like Kyrie have more influence on the health and safety of the county/world than those pesky experts who spent their lives studying that exact topic.

A bit of hyperbole, but I get your point.
I didn't mean it as more people in the world listen to Kyrie over the medical experts. It was more about you know there is at least one person out there, who when provided with all the facts and info responds by saying "yeah, but [insert athlete here] said this and he makes a great point!" Those are the instances Kyrie would have more influence on the health and safety. And it's really sad if even one person believes that. Which you know there are some.

Also just hit reply when I saw the notification you responded to me. Didn't realize there was 3 pages after that, lol.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

If there’s a silver lining, it’s that 420 is a dank date for a show too

https://twitter.com/phish/status/147411 ... 17826?s=21
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

NDballer13 wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 1:12 pm
ChalkRocker wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:29 pm
NDballer13 wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:45 am It's really sad when guys like Kyrie have more influence on the health and safety of the county/world than those pesky experts who spent their lives studying that exact topic.

A bit of hyperbole, but I get your point.
I didn't mean it as more people in the world listen to Kyrie over the medical experts. It was more about you know there is at least one person out there, who when provided with all the facts and info responds by saying "yeah, but [insert athlete here] said this and he makes a great point!" Those are the instances Kyrie would have more influence on the health and safety. And it's really sad if even one person believes that. Which you know there are some.

Also just hit reply when I saw the notification you responded to me. Didn't realize there was 3 pages after that, lol.

I get you, ND.
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:23 am
pdub wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:01 am If a debate about gun control or whether God exists or whether Biden is running for re-election etc became the main subject of a thread, it would be moved.

No politics on the Sports boreds.

Post to your hearts content here and the bored that is titled PoliBored.
Covid19 is a global health issue with widespread implications in all facets of life.
In a vacuum.
But just read the exchange between Ousdahl and Illy before your post and determine if theres any politics in the things the two of them are discussing.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

How could anyone possibly say covid isn't political? Have you a single brain cell left
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

Covid isn’t political. Was smallpox political? Was polio political? Was President Eisenhower a RINO by praising a doctor and scientist? If you think disease is political, then you are a pussy.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

The disease itself is not political, no, of course most things at heart could not be political if everyone exactly agreed on whatever it was or how it affects us.

But the treatment and restrictions surrounding covid has become political whether you think those who disagree with you are just morans.

Do you agree with the states of Florida or Texas on how they are handling the virus? No? Your answer to whether this is political is there.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

pdub wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 6:15 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:23 am
pdub wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:01 am If a debate about gun control or whether God exists or whether Biden is running for re-election etc became the main subject of a thread, it would be moved.

No politics on the Sports boreds.

Post to your hearts content here and the bored that is titled PoliBored.
Covid19 is a global health issue with widespread implications in all facets of life.
In a vacuum.
But just read the exchange between Ousdahl and Illy before your post and determine if theres any politics in the things the two of them are discussing.
Then can we get lease move this thread to the pols bored?

That would be so rad if I managed to start one thread that made it to three different boreds
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

It's one of those that walk the line, I'll admit, but this thread has gone past basketball talk.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

And come on. Just cuz illy and I argued about it doesn’t automatically make it political.

Illy will argue anything about anything!

I once seent him argue the white right off of rice. True story.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

But if you need me to put that toe over the line to make it to the pols bored, here you go:

How many Dems does it take to screw in a light bulb?

What do you call 500 republicans at the bottom of the ocean?

What’s the difference between Hillary Clinton and a swollen ankle?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

pdub wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:01 pm The disease itself is not political, no, of course most things at heart could not be political if everyone exactly agreed on whatever it was or how it affects us.

But the treatment and restrictions surrounding covid has become political whether you think those who disagree with you are just morans.

Do you agree with the states of Florida or Texas on how they are handling the virus? No? Your answer to whether this is political is there.
What about the way California or New york is handling it? Its political on both sides. It just baffles me how people can think that only "their side" is doing things the right way and the other side is purely political
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

And the fact the 2 sides can take such opposite approaches and end with similar results proves that its all political and none of all this bullshit is really all that effective
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

randylahey wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:18 pm And the fact the 2 sides can take such opposite approaches and end with similar results proves that its all political and none of all this bullshit is really all that effective
No the results are not similar. You’re entitled to your opinion but not to the facts.

The City of San Francisco has similar population than either of the Dakotas. The vaccination rates and deaths couldn’t be more different. One side is a Death Cult. That side has made a scientific problem into a political issue (not for the first time; cf. Evolution).

At the macro level things may look similar because of averaging. But at the micro level things are drastically different. There was an internally controlled experiment within the State of Kansas about a year ago with the outcomes in counties with and without a mask mandate.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Just came up with a serviceable punchline on the pols bored but since this thread is soon to be moved anyway guess I’ll ask this here:

What do you call the chick who sews the cloaks for the kkk?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

it wasnt funny the first time....certainly doesn't warrant a second act.

how high are you?
Just Ledoux it
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

TDub wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:16 pm it wasnt funny the first time....certainly doesn't warrant a second act.

how high are you?
High enough to think it's funny. Twice.
Defense. Rebounds.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

TDub wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:16 pm it wasnt funny the first time....certainly doesn't warrant a second act.

how high are you?
5’11”
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Hawaii backs out of Hawaii Bowl 24 hours ahead of time… Memphis is already there. Free vacation I guess?
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Could Memphis scrimmage?
A team v B team?