Covid BB Talk

Coffee talk.
hasbeen

Re: Covid BB Talk

Post by hasbeen »

randylahey wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:37 am
hasbeen wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:20 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:19 am It's impossible to prove whether the virus mutated in an unvaccinated person or in a vaccinated person. Blaming mutations solely on the unvaccinated isn't science.
LOL
We know for a fact vaccinated people can still carry and transmit covid. It was going to mutate either way. Its just how viruses work
lol fuck you loser

is this the one pdub???
"So, which one of these topics are conspiracy?

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone."

- lobser
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Illy, here:

Let's say a vaccinated person on average during the pandemic has a 1 in 10 chance of infection relative to nonvaccinated. They carry about a 1,000 fold lower viral titer. They carry it for less time, and (conservatively thats another 10 fold reduction in replication, since since virus growth is exponential.) And because the viruses are being killed much more efficiently in a vaccinated person, Let's say there is another 10 fold drop in release of infectious virus.

The math is pretty crude, but your talking about something on the order of a million times more likely for those mutations to occur in an unvaccinated person than a vaccinated one.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:40 am
PhDhawk wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:33 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:19 am It's impossible to prove whether the virus mutated in an unvaccinated person or in a vaccinated person. Blaming mutations solely on the unvaccinated isn't science. Vaccinated people still get and spread the virus. Mutations can still occur in those people. Are they less likely to occur in a vaccinated person? Absolutely. But let's stop acting like we are only still in this because of unvaccinated people because unfortunately that's just not true. It didn't end up being a few shots and it's over.
When you're vaccinated you carry a MUCH smaller viral load, you carry them for a shorter period of time. An ENORMOUS proportion of those viruses are not infectious. Viruses that are covered in antibodies or are destroyed by Tcells have lost. Only mutations that are retained and infectious matter.

It is an ALMOST STATISTICAL CERTAINTY that those mutations occurred in the unvaccinated when you account for the difference in replication events and infectivity between vaccinated and unvaccinated. We're talking many orders of magnitude difference.

It's like playing powerball with one ticket vs ten million tickets.

It's not surprising that all the variants of intetest have come from places with low vaccination rates.
Bro, you're talking to the group that thinks there's no difference between .01 and .0000000000000001.
Oh yeah...dumbfucks.

randylahey

Post by randylahey »

hasbeen wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:04 pm
randylahey wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:54 pm All my "just get vaccinated" crowd is really silent about the fact that 2 fully vaccinated teams are being forced to postpone a game 2 years into the pandemic
There's no need for the pro-vaccine crowd to be quiet considering vaccines are one of the most important achievements in human history and their incredible effectiveness at limiting hospitalization as it relates to COVID. Your entire life is sports -- that's the real reason you're so mad. Games are being canceled and you literally have nothing else. No family, no friends, no hobbies. Just watching other people play sports. It's that, or you're just another dumb fucking republican dip shit. Or it could be both.

Psych's entire family hates him btw
Assuming a lot there. Or maybe people like me, who actually aren't antivaxxers, lets start calling us the "anti covid insanity crowd", maybe we have big rich lives outside of sports and just know we can get back to if people can get their mental health in order and get back to reality
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I'm surprised by how easily people are willing to publicly admit that they're giant pussies about getting a booster shot.

jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

819,000 Americans will never get back to reality.
Defense. Rebounds.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

jhawks99 wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:54 am 819,000 Americans will never get back to reality.
I just watched Jimmy carr's stand up special. He has a joke where he asks the audience if we overreacted to covid. Lot's of people cheer. He goes yeah, survivors tend to think that, bet if we interviewed the dead, they'd have the opposite answer.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

hasbeen wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:04 pm
randylahey wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:54 pm All my "just get vaccinated" crowd is really silent about the fact that 2 fully vaccinated teams are being forced to postpone a game 2 years into the pandemic
There's no need for the pro-vaccine crowd to be quiet considering vaccines are one of the most important achievements in human history and their incredible effectiveness at limiting hospitalization as it relates to COVID. Your entire life is sports -- that's the real reason you're so mad. Games are being canceled and you literally have nothing else. No family, no friends, no hobbies. Just watching other people play sports. It's that, or you're just another dumb fucking republican dip shit. Or it could be both.
I think there's something to this. Guy has spent many a very late Friday and Saturday night/early morning on here pushing anti-vax rhetoric. Sometimes to lobster, most often to no one. That's when I decided it wasn't worth it for me.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:52 am I'm surprised by how easily people are willing to publicly admit that they're giant pussies about getting a booster shot.
A pussy would just get it, knowing they don't need it, but get it anyways cause of cultural pressure. If you need continually booster doses of a medication and it still might not work, its obviously not very good medication. And considering most of us have had covid already and never needed medication for it in the first place , it all becomes very pointless
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:56 am
jhawks99 wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:54 am 819,000 Americans will never get back to reality.
I just watched Jimmy carr's stand up special. He has a joke where he asks the audience if we overreacted to covid. Lot's of people cheer. He goes yeah, survivors tend to think that, bet if we interviewed the dead, they'd have the opposite answer.
Which was a joke tho, because its comedy. 819000 is a really small number over a 2 year period. How many Americans do you think die every 2 years? How many Americans are born every 2 years.. this isn't anything that far out of the norm
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

The funny thing is that we are all still here arguing about it. We are all still here. Its a lot of us had our brush with covid. Big deal. Several people I knew died in the past 2 years from things other than covid, death is just a part of reality. But apparently we as a society have grown too soft to face that
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:33 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:19 am It's impossible to prove whether the virus mutated in an unvaccinated person or in a vaccinated person. Blaming mutations solely on the unvaccinated isn't science. Vaccinated people still get and spread the virus. Mutations can still occur in those people. Are they less likely to occur in a vaccinated person? Absolutely. But let's stop acting like we are only still in this because of unvaccinated people because unfortunately that's just not true. It didn't end up being a few shots and it's over.
When you're vaccinated you carry a MUCH smaller viral load, you carry them for a shorter period of time. An ENORMOUS proportion of those viruses are not infectious. Viruses that are covered in antibodies or are destroyed by Tcells have lost. Only mutations that are retained and infectious matter.

It is an ALMOST STATISTICAL CERTAINTY that those mutations occurred in the unvaccinated when you account for the difference in replication events and infectivity between vaccinated and unvaccinated. We're talking many orders of magnitude difference.

It's like playing powerball with one ticket vs ten million tickets.

It's not surprising that all the variants of intetest have come from places with low vaccination rates.
illy and his tribe are not smart enough to understand what that means.
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

randylahey wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:51 am
Which was a joke tho, because its comedy. 819000 is a really small number over a 2 year period. How many Americans do you think die every 2 years? How many Americans are born every 2 years.. this isn't anything that far out of the norm
Spend literally 20 seconds looking at excess deaths, you absolute fucking moron.
"So, which one of these topics are conspiracy?

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone."

- lobser
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

hasbeen wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:41 am
randylahey wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:51 am
Spend literally 20 seconds looking at excess deaths, you absolute fucking moron.
He doesn't understand math.

He literally said 1% and 0.01% were the same thing because they're both "close to zero."

That's a true story.

Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

I mentioned it elsewhere when you dropped the "order of magnitude" comment.

There are several people here and millions in this country that aren't smart enough to grasp what that means.

I'm in Vegas this week and was playing roulette monday night (huge covid risk, i know). Guy next to me kept making comments like "red is hot right now, have to keep betting it". This world is full of idiots
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

you calling everyone dumb makes you look smart.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:55 am you calling everyone dumb makes you look smart.
It's straight from the #WokeGotcha playbook: "If anyone disagrees or sees things differently, accuse them of being stupid, ignorant, uneducated, racist, and/or sexist. If that doesn't work, feel free to add other insults ad nauseum."
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

you have to sprinkle in some filthy language. that is a must.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Everyone? The list of idiots on this site is pretty short. You two just happen to be on it.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

We're the sensible ones. Freedom of medical choice. Pro vaccine if the person wants it. Anti forced medical decisions. We are ok with people continuing to live and exist as people have for thousands of years. Its just a virus. Nothing earth shattering. The people wanting to change all these common sense things are the extremists