Covid BB Talk

Coffee talk.
PhDhawk

Re: Covid BB Talk

Post by PhDhawk »

There are things you get to have an opinion on: your favorite color, the best book you've read, which type of shoe upu wear.

And there are things that are absolute demonstratable facts: 4+4=8, the earth is round, the germ theory of infectious disease.

You can have opinions on lots of things. Spreading dangerous lies, e.g. covid19 vaccines are unsafe, should not be tolerated. That is every bit as false as saying that the earth is flat, or that 4+4=9, only it's dangerous, and it's something people believe if they hear it enough.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

TDub wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:05 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 2:35 pm This is a safe space. I recall Trad wondering if this site was a social medium. The answer is pretty clearly, yes--Parler for KU basketball.
omg. you people have lost your damn minds.

so...its 100% agree with your opinion or its a full on right wing echo chamber... funny.
No, it's a statement on the way the this pirate ship is ran. COVID posts related to sports are being removed because we can't have "politics" on the sports boards. Never mind the fact that COVID is the #1 sports story right now and maybe has been for the last nearly 2 years.

But, that is mostly hilarious because this place has not really been a sports board for most of its existence. But now, for whatever reason, we have to protect the dumbass fringe hot takes under the guise that this place was segregated by topic the entire time.

It gets exhausting filtering through all the petty bullshit politics fights that have permeated every single board since way before COVID began. I still do it because I enjoy talking sports with some of the same posters I have for more than a decade.

Think of all the good posters that have been ran off because of it? Even posters that are still here post less because of it. Newton is an example. Then we have hasbeen, an OG poster, getting fucking banned because he hurt a little mod's feelings while moronic anti-vax shit is not getting the same treatment.

Maybe the mods aren't anti-vax (people can say whatever they want), but their decisions here are often ones that the anti-vax posters love.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

PhDhawk wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:30 pm There are things you get to have an opinion on: your favorite color, the best book you've read, which type of shoe upu wear.

And there are things that are absolute demonstratable facts: 4+4=8, the earth is round, the germ theory of infectious disease.

You can have opinions on lots of things. Spreading dangerous lies, e.g. covid19 vaccines are unsafe, should not be tolerated. That is every bit as false as saying that the earth is flat, or that 4+4=9, only it's dangerous, and it's something people believe if they hear it enough.
But you can be of the opinion that the vaccines are safe AND of the opinion that people should still have the authority to choose and they shouldn't be forced upon every man, woman, and child in order to participate in life.

The media needs to stop sensationlizing every bit of information and start reporting only the news too. On the same front page you have article headlines of "omnicrons deadly surge is only beginning (deadly? do we know that yet?)" and "how to tell the difference between a cold and omnicron" ......if I can't tell the difference between a cold and omnicron why do I need a goddamn booster every 10 weeks....ive never had a cold kill me. obviously I understand that example is simplified.....but the media has done absolutely nothing to help anyone besides its own pockets.
Just Ledoux it
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

TDub wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:49 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:30 pm There are things you get to have an opinion on: your favorite color, the best book you've read, which type of shoe upu wear.

But you can be of the opinion that the vaccines are safe AND of the opinion that people should still have the authority to choose and they shouldn't be forced upon every man, woman, and child in order to participate in life.

The media needs to stop sensationlizing every bit of information and start reporting only the news too. On the same front page you have article headlines of "omnicrons deadly surge is only beginning (deadly? do we know that yet?)" and "how to tell the difference between a cold and omnicron" ......if I can't tell the difference between a cold and omnicron why do I need a goddamn booster every 10 weeks....ive never had a cold kill me. obviously I understand that example is simplified.....but the media has done absolutely nothing to help anyone besides its own pockets.
Spoken like a true Trumper. Take off the tin foil hat bro. So much bullshit crazy in your post
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:31 pm
TDub wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:05 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 2:35 pm This is a safe space. I recall Trad wondering if this site was a social medium. The answer is pretty clearly, yes--Parler for KU basketball.
omg. you people have lost your damn minds.

so...its 100% agree with your opinion or its a full on right wing echo chamber... funny.
No, it's a statement on the way the this pirate ship is ran. COVID posts related to sports are being removed because we can't have "politics" on the sports boards. Never mind the fact that COVID is the #1 sports story right now and maybe has been for the last nearly 2 years.

But, that is mostly hilarious because this place has not really been a sports board for most of its existence. But now, for whatever reason, we have to protect the dumbass fringe hot takes under the guise that this place was segregated by topic the entire time.

It gets exhausting filtering through all the petty bullshit politics fights that have permeated every single board since way before COVID began. I still do it because I enjoy talking sports with some of the same posters I have for more than a decade.

Think of all the good posters that have been ran off because of it? Even posters that are still here post less because of it. Newton is an example. Then we have hasbeen, an OG poster, getting fucking banned because he hurt a little mod's feelings while moronic anti-vax shit is not getting the same treatment.

Maybe the mods aren't anti-vax (people can say whatever they want), but their decisions here are often ones that the anti-vax posters love.
seems to me the basketball board has always been kept relatively free of other nonsense.

and while you claim the decisions are in the favor of anti-vaxxers......there are lots of posts left standing wishing death upon all unvaccinated people, advocating denying care etc too.

its a stinky situation....buncha assholes on either side.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Cascadia wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:00 pm
TDub wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:49 pm

Spoken like a true Trumper. Take off the tin foil hat bro. So much bullshit crazy in your post
please point to it. the headlines are pulled from CNN this morning. So...where's the crazy. please. participate beyond your boiler plate, template, name calling post
Just Ledoux it
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

“Omicron deadly” - yes, this is confirmed

“In order to participate in life”. - false, and bat shit crazy

“Sensationalizing EVERY bit” - yep, EVERY bit :eye roll:

“Goddamn booster every 10 weeks”. - ugh……

“ I can't tell the difference between a cold and omnicron” - not surprised, but you’re confirming you got omicron?

“The media has done absolutely nothing to help anyone besides its own pockets.”. - ugh part 2, remove the tin foil hat
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

I think people need to be allowed to make their own decisions re: vaccines. They just also need to be willing to live with the consequences.

Case in point, one of my college roommates died of COVID Friday night at age 51. He was asthmatic - not his choice - but he was also 100 pounds overweight, had chronic untreated high blood pressure, and refused the vax - all his choices. I will miss him, and I feel like it is a senseless waste of life, but he chose his outcome.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Cascadia wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:06 pm “Omicron deadly” - yes, this is confirmed

“In order to participate in life”. - false, and bat shit crazy

“Sensationalizing EVERY bit” - yep, EVERY bit :eye roll:

“Goddamn booster every 10 weeks”. - ugh……

“ I can't tell the difference between a cold and omnicron” - not surprised, but you’re confirming you got omicron?

“The media has done absolutely nothing to help anyone besides its own pockets.”. - ugh part 2, remove the tin foil hat
1 death in the US

yes....having a vax passport to participate is becoming an ever increasing reality. It has been discussed at length here

of course the news is milking it and sensationlizing every bit of it to get clicks. This isnt really a debatable question

I have not got omnicron....that was the basis of the article referenced, not my personal experience...hence the if qualifier

yes, booster every 10 weeks is what they're suggesting will be the next step to maintain effectiveness

see previous response regarding media
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Just Ledoux it
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

JKLivin wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:11 pm I think people need to be allowed to make their own decisions re: vaccines. They just also need to be willing to live with the consequences.

Case in point, one of my college roommates died of COVID Friday night at age 51. He was asthmatic - not his choice - but he was also 100 pounds overweight, had chronic untreated high blood pressure, and refused the vax - all his choices. I will miss him, and I feel like it is a senseless waste of life, but he chose his outcome.
Yes. Even with vaccine passports and private or OSHA work vaccine requirements, there is always a choice and consequences.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:16 pm
JKLivin wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:11 pm I think people need to be allowed to make their own decisions re: vaccines. They just also need to be willing to live with the consequences.

Yes. Even with vaccine passports and private or OSHA work vaccine requirements, there is always a choice and consequences.
Not to put words in anyone's mouth, but there are too many people who say things about consequences, while thinking they should be exempt from consequences.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

I'm sorry to read about your college roommate.
Why do you state he died "of COVID" if he was asthmatic, overweight, and had high blood pressure?
Not trying to be snide by asking that. I'm trying to understand why so many people don't feel Covid is a valid cause of death if/when people have/had other conditions.
I have a friend who seriously insists that Covid hasn't killed anyone and that ONLY people who were "sick" with other issues are the ones who have died WITH (not of) it.

P.S. Like your roommate, I have lung issues, I'm overweight, and I have high blood pressure. Even though I am "fully vaccinated", I still worry my conditions may do me in if I contract Covid. Not to the point of paranoia but I feel I would be foolish if I chose to minimize what contracting Covid could potentially do to me.
Last edited by RainbowsandUnicorns on Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Yes, and this decision (vaccines), unlike eating a slice of pie, effects other people. And collectively has a massive global impact.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

PhDhawk wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:40 pm

Yes, and this decision (vaccines), unlike eating a slice of pie, effects other people. And collectively has a massive global impact.
This, a thousand fucking times, this
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

vaccinated people are still catching and spreading the virus. probably more than 1000 times.

im not advocating not getting the vaccine I'm simply saying the vaccine isn't the silver bullet.
Just Ledoux it
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

TDub wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:46 pm vaccinated people are still catching and spreading the virus. probably more than 1000 times.

im not advocating not getting the vaccine I'm simply saying the vaccine isn't the silver bullet.
It’s clear that you don’t possess the emotional or intellectual intelligence to understand what’s going on here. You don’t need to keep reminding the rest of us.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

youre by far the worst human here. congrats.
Just Ledoux it
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

TDub wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:46 pm vaccinated people are still catching and spreading the virus. probably more than 1000 times.

It depends on what the goalposts are. Eradicating the virus? No, no silver bullet exists.

Living with COVID as close to normal as possible? The vaccine really IS the silver bullet. Or at least the only one we are going to have for quite some time and probably ever.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

TDub wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:52 pm youre by far the worst human here. congrats.
I’d say it’s a three way tie - two of whom I have on Ignore.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris