All time wins watch

Kansas Basketball.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: All time wins watch

Post by KUTradition »

Cheney would pulled the soggy towel from his gums and laid the smack down on cal
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Cheney chewed on a towel too? I thought that was the UNLV guy?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

yup…brain fart

the towel chewer was Tark
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:25 pm yup…brain fart

John Thompson was a "towel over the shoulder guy" in the same era. Maybe that is the cross up.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

twocoach wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:39 pm

John Thompson was a "towel over the shoulder guy" in the same era. Maybe that is the cross up.
maybe, but JT looks nothing like the other two. Chaney and Tark at least kind of resemble one another
Deleted User 863

Haha potd
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Tark the Shark!
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

twocoach wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:39 pm

then our own favorite sports coat tosser

a chair tosser

all sorts of fun coach antics.

now..we just have Scott Drew and his amazing ability to suck.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Drew rhymes with Few...coincidence?
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Kansas 2357
Kentucky 2353
North Carolina 2323
Deleted User 863

ousdahl wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:17 pm Kansas 2357
Kentucky 2353
North Carolina 2323
Pretty cool all 3 are so close. It will be awesome watching us space that out a bit more moving forward. I'd imagine with Cal possibly leaving for the Lakers, and Hubert primed for a nice run at UNC, that UK will be in 3rd within the next decade.

Since it appears Self is actually more willing than he initially expected to coach well into his 60s we should he in a good position to put some distance between 2nd and 3rd in this next phase of the Self era.

And once Jeremy Case (or Brady Morningstar) takes over as head coach in about 15 years he will have a great coaching pedigree to keep us rolling without missing a beat.

Just when people thought the golden era was over, it looks like we may actually be right in the middle of it. I expect 2 or 3 more nattys out of Self before he retires now that Roy and K are gone.
ramjet
Contributor

Post by ramjet »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:16 pm
Kentucky 2353
North Carolina 2323

And once Jeremy Case, Brady Morningstar, or Mitch Lightfoot takes over as head coach in about 15 years he will have a great coaching pedigree to keep us rolling without missing a beat.

FYP
Deleted User 863

ramjet wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:52 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:16 pm
Kentucky 2353
North Carolina 2323

And once Jeremy Case, Brady Morningstar, or Mitch Lightfoot takes over as head coach in about 15 years he will have a great coaching pedigree to keep us rolling without missing a beat.

FYP
Mitch will be an assistant for sure. Big man coach. Same amount of titles as Danny Manning.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Mitch is never leaving Lawrence.
Deleted User 863

His physical body may leave, but his heart and spirit will remain there forever.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Ignoring all the other dumbassery of illy's post, one part got me thinking, are we convinced on Hubert Davis now?

I am not. Yet.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Not after one year, no.
Illiniois fans were probably thinking they got a good replacement in bruce after Self left for Kansas.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Matt Doherty also had a pretty good season at UNC with a very bright recruiting class.

I got sucked into the UK boards after their St. Peter's loss and many there are 100% convinced that Roy Williams was actually doing the pregame coaching for this Carolina team.
Deleted User 863

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:19 am Ignoring all the other dumbassery of illy's post, one part got me thinking, are we convinced on Hubert Davis now?

I am not. Yet.
He's better than Scott Drew.

All the dumbassery? Case and Morningstar are BOTH already on our staff. To think in 10+ years if they are still here they won't be a potential option is likely a personal bias against them from their playing days. They are as likely as anyone else out there to be a KU coach in 2035 at the moment.
Deleted User 863

I think Hubert Davis is going to be a really good coach. Maybe not great. But really good.

Great personality. Great energy. Great character. Lots of experience. The players find him relatable. I think many recruits and their families will find it appealing to play for a black head coach. Whether you think that's right or wrong is up to you, but he's got to be more appealing than Scott Drew or Bruce Pearl or Mark Few.