All time wins watch

Kansas Basketball.
Cascadia

Re: All time wins watch

Post by Cascadia »

If UK loses tonight, ESPN should demand the Big 12 forfeit the postponed TCU game to KU for marketing purposes
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Chicken shit pussy
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I want them full strength in da house. My uk friends tell me without tyty they don't have much of a chance. I'll take the win, but would rather see this thing full on mono e mono.
Defense. Rebounds.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

If Ty Ty suits up, it will be interesting to see which of he or Remy plays better.
Their storylines are somewhat entwined.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

How surprised would you be to see Kentucky go into Allen Fieldhouse and beat favored Kansas on Saturday (6:00 p.m. ET, ESPN and ESPN app)? How could it happen, and what would that result say about the Wildcats, and the Jayhawks?

Medcalf: I won't be stunned if Kentucky goes to Lawrence at full strength and wins. But I would be slightly surprised if the Wildcats complete that feat without TyTy Washington Jr. He's a significant contributor for that squad and his impact was obvious when Kentucky lost a healthy lead in last weekend's loss at Auburn. With Washington on the floor this season, Kentucky has scored 115 points per 100 possessions, held opponents to 85 points per 100 possessions and made 40% of its 3-point attempts. Those numbers drop to 103 points per 100 possessions, 90 points per 100 possessions and a 25.5% clip from beyond the arc when he's sidelined, per hooplens.com. Kentucky is still a really good team without the freshman star, but it might need him to get this win, just as they probably needed him to beat Auburn.

I don't think Kentucky has to win in some mysterious way. I think the No. 1 offensive rebounding team in the country has to do what it has done in SEC play and capitalize on second-chance opportunities. Kentucky is No. 1 in SEC play with a 37% clip from the 3-point line and the Wildcats have made 74% of their shots at the rim, per hoop-math. I don't think any team in America can stall Ochai Agbaji, who might win the Wooden Award. But David McCormack finished 3-for-9 in KU's two losses. I think the Oscar Tshiebwe-McCormack matchup is the most pivotal one in this game. Limiting McCormack changes Kansas and puts more pressure on its wings. I don't think the result would tell us a lot at this point, unless it's an unlikely lopsided win for either team. More than anything, I think we'll walk away feeling as if we just watched a potential Final Four matchup.

Borzello: It wouldn't shock me at all. Kansas has continued to find ways to eke out wins in recent weeks, with three straight victories by three points apiece -- and a one-point win over Iowa State earlier this month. And that game against the Cyclones, as well as the double-overtime win over Texas Tech on Monday, were both at Phog Allen. Even though it's late January, it seems like Kansas is still looking for its best rotation. Agbaji is incredible, but he and Christian Braun have been the only constants. The two keys are McCormack and Remy Martin. McCormack simply needs to be more consistent. Scoring 19 one game and one point the next isn't going to get it done. Martin has to be fully healthy and be the team's catalyst offensively.

For Kentucky to pull off the upset, the Wildcats need to avoid the bizarre injury bug that bit their backcourt against LSU and Auburn this month. A healthy Washington and Sahvir Wheeler need to be on the court for John Calipari. With those two on the floor, Kentucky is able to push the tempo offensively, create chances in transition and play aggressively off the bounce in the half court. With those two attacking, Kellan Grady making shots from the perimeter and Tshiebwe dominating inside at both ends, Kentucky is at its best. I've thought Kentucky is a legitimate national title threat, but it might only have one win so far over an NCAA tournament team (Tennessee). A win at Kansas would certainly make a statement.

Gasaway: KU falling to UK in Lawrence would not be shocking, and no self-respecting headline writer would dare use any form of the word "stun" in the event of such an outcome. In fact, given the Jayhawks' serial propensity to play -- and win -- close games, the safest assumption of all could be that this thing is going to the 40th minute. A healthy and whole rotation would help the Wildcats' chances, naturally. At the ripe old age of 20, Washington is pretty seasoned for a first-year player. In fact, he's just seven months younger than Braun, who is a junior. Maybe that's why Washington looks so polished and in control when healthy. His presence at full speed would be a significant lift for Kentucky and an added headache for Kansas.

Still, the Jayhawks are more than just masters of being clutch. The best offensive rebounder on the floor on Saturday will ... not be named Oscar Tshiebwe? Is this even possible? Indeed it is! McCormack has the nation's No. 1 offensive rebound percentage, and his work on the glass has been an underrated factor in KU's success. In Big 12 play, Bill Self's team has operated at a severe turnover disadvantage relative to opponents. It hasn't mattered in the slightest, because KU's shooting has been really good and its offensive rebounding has been incredible. Of course, Tshiebwe's been magnificent in his own right in holding opponents to just one shot. This will be a true strength-on-strength collision on the Jayhawks' missed shots. Grab some popcorn and enjoy.

Lunardi: I'm going to take this on from a seeding standpoint. The Jayhawks have slithered their way onto the top line of the projected bracket and this is exactly the kind of game that could keep them there. It also provides a measure of insurance heading into the pending February encounters with Baylor. Lose to Kentucky and the Jayhawks might have to sweep the Bears to be a 1-seed. A win mitigates what would be a very heavy lift.

For the Wildcats, this is a classic "free shot" game. Not only are we unsure of Kentucky's injury situation, but everyone -- even mighty Big Blue Nation -- is supposed to lose at the Phog. Any loss other than a true beating keeps the Wildcats in their current 3/4-seed range. A win brings a No. 2 seed into play with dreams of something even better. Am thinking I'll probably tune in.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... -challenge
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

There's some K-ish-ness in TyTy potentially missing this one.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

If he plays and he's healthy, they're going to be an absolute load.

They had TyTy for only 9 minutes against Auburn and lost by 9 on the road.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Yeah, this is going to be a handful for Kansas. DMac is going to be frustrating in this match up I fear.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

A preview from SEC-land.

The Big 12-SEC Challenge boasts two blue-bloods for its second-to-last game: the No. 12 Kentucky Wildcats and the No. 5 Kansas Jayhawks. John Calipari’s Wildcats (16-4, 6-2) are second in the Southeastern Conference, while Bill Self’s Jayhawks lead the charge in the Big 12 at 17-2, 6-1.

What more than pride and history on the line– a chance for either team to brilliantly beef up its NCAA tournament resumes and earn that dream No. 1 seed. Even more, there’ll be a battle between two major College Basketball Player of the Year candidates, Ochai Agbaji and Oscar Tshiebwe .

The sellout game will bring approximately 16,300 fans to Jay Allen Fieldhouse for tipoff Saturday at 6 p.m. Before that, College Gameday will host its show on the court in Lawrence, Kansas.

https://twitter.com/CollegeGameDay/stat ... N92TuJ80gQ

Blue Blood Implications
The last time Calipari and Self faced off was in December 2020. In that game, Jayhawks made a big comeback 65-62 to narrow the Wildcat series lead to 23-10.

Notably, Saturday’s game is also a rematch of the 2012 NCAA National Championship game in which a 38-2 Kentucky squad, featuring current Lakers forward Anthony Davis, defeated Kansas 67-59.

Further, with Selection Sunday about a month-and-a-half away, both teams can make a case for a top tournament seed with a signature win.

With both teams ranked in the top 10 of the NET (NCAA Evaluation Tool) rankings, a No.1 seed is not too far away.

Kentucky Wildcats
Aside from two non-conference losses, the Wildcats have lost two road matchups against No. 19 LSU and No. 1 Auburn. Squawking Saturday is the Wildcats’ chance for their first Quad 1 road win

While Kansas primarily relies on two big scorers, five Wildcats average double-digits.

Freshman guard TyTy Washington, the second-highest scorer on the team, left the game with a severe ankle injury. Despite concerns, leading scorer Tshiebwe predicted his teammate will be back for Saturday.

“I’m pretty sure TyTy is going to be with us in Kansas, and we’re going to be ready,” Tshiebwe said on Tuesday.

Washington’s 13.6 points and 4.5 assists per game would be a great addition to Tshiebwe’s 16.3 points and astounding 15.2 rebounds per game. The 6-foot-9 senior ranks fourth in Vegas Insider’s John Wooden Award odds.

Kansas Jayhawks
Second in those aforementioned Wooden Award odds- Jayhawks senior, Agbaji. Agbaji leads his team with 21.3 points and five rebounds per game. Further, the guard is a major threat from the three-point line. He’s shot 47% on the season. He gets help from Christian Braun, who scores 15.3 points a game.

Back in November, Kansas suffered an upset to Dayton via a one-point margin back in November for their sole loss at Jay Allen Fieldhouse. No. 13 Texas Tech more recently defeated the Jayhawks on Jan. 8, before Kansas got revenge on Monday.

With potential March Madness payoff on the line, the ESPN Matchup Predictor gives Kansas a 63.2% chance of winning the game.

https://www.wruf.com/headlines/2022/01/ ... vs-kansas/
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

where the fuck is jay Allen fieldhouse and why are we playing there
Just Ledoux it
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

TDub wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:46 pm where the fuck is jay Allen fieldhouse and why are we playing there
It's the home court for the Kansas Phoghawks.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:49 pm
TDub wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:46 pm where the fuck is jay Allen fieldhouse and why are we playing there
It's the home court for the Kansas Phoghawks.
ahhh must be the KC phogushers that pdub was talking about.
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Lenexa just waiting for the NCAA to fold baby!
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:23 pm If he plays and he's healthy, they're going to be an absolute load.

I'm just saying that there is an entire discourse machine built to package up and peddle the "but they lost at KU without TyTy" line.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:30 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:23 pm If he plays and he's healthy, they're going to be an absolute load.

I'm just saying that there is an entire discourse machine built to package up and peddle the "but they lost at KU without TyTy" line.
Just as there would be if we didn't have 1 of our main guys.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

that kid ain't gonna miss this game. their biggest game of the year. their superbowl.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Oh, media-wise, yes.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:43 pm that kid ain't gonna miss this game. their biggest game of the year. their superbowl.
This guy get it.

And, I agree. TyTy will play. And there's plenty of motivation for he, Remy, and Sahvir.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:29 pm A preview from SEC-land.

The Big 12-SEC Challenge boasts two blue-bloods for its second-to-last game: the No. 12 Kentucky Wildcats and the No. 5 Kansas Jayhawks. John Calipari’s Wildcats (16-4, 6-2) are second in the Southeastern Conference, while Bill Self’s Jayhawks lead the charge in the Big 12 at 17-2, 6-1.

What more than pride and history on the line– a chance for either team to brilliantly beef up its NCAA tournament resumes and earn that dream No. 1 seed. Even more, there’ll be a battle between two major College Basketball Player of the Year candidates, Ochai Agbaji and Oscar Tshiebwe .

The sellout game will bring approximately 16,300 fans to Jay Allen Fieldhouse for tipoff Saturday at 6 p.m. Before that, College Gameday will host its show on the court in Lawrence, Kansas.

https://twitter.com/CollegeGameDay/stat ... N92TuJ80gQ

Blue Blood Implications
The last time Calipari and Self faced off was in December 2020. In that game, Jayhawks made a big comeback 65-62 to narrow the Wildcat series lead to 23-10.

Notably, Saturday’s game is also a rematch of the 2012 NCAA National Championship game in which a 38-2 Kentucky squad, featuring current Lakers forward Anthony Davis, defeated Kansas 67-59.

Further, with Selection Sunday about a month-and-a-half away, both teams can make a case for a top tournament seed with a signature win.

With both teams ranked in the top 10 of the NET (NCAA Evaluation Tool) rankings, a No.1 seed is not too far away.

Kentucky Wildcats
Aside from two non-conference losses, the Wildcats have lost two road matchups against No. 19 LSU and No. 1 Auburn. Squawking Saturday is the Wildcats’ chance for their first Quad 1 road win

While Kansas primarily relies on two big scorers, five Wildcats average double-digits.

Freshman guard TyTy Washington, the second-highest scorer on the team, left the game with a severe ankle injury. Despite concerns, leading scorer Tshiebwe predicted his teammate will be back for Saturday.

“I’m pretty sure TyTy is going to be with us in Kansas, and we’re going to be ready,” Tshiebwe said on Tuesday.

Washington’s 13.6 points and 4.5 assists per game would be a great addition to Tshiebwe’s 16.3 points and astounding 15.2 rebounds per game. The 6-foot-9 senior ranks fourth in Vegas Insider’s John Wooden Award odds.

Kansas Jayhawks
Second in those aforementioned Wooden Award odds- Jayhawks senior, Agbaji. Agbaji leads his team with 21.3 points and five rebounds per game. Further, the guard is a major threat from the three-point line. He’s shot 47% on the season. He gets help from Christian Braun, who scores 15.3 points a game.

Back in November, Kansas suffered an upset to Dayton via a one-point margin back in November for their sole loss at Jay Allen Fieldhouse. No. 13 Texas Tech more recently defeated the Jayhawks on Jan. 8, before Kansas got revenge on Monday.

With potential March Madness payoff on the line, the ESPN Matchup Predictor gives Kansas a 63.2% chance of winning the game.

https://www.wruf.com/headlines/2022/01/ ... vs-kansas/
Was this written by a high schooler? Jay Allen Fieldhouse? The loss to Dayton being at home vs. in Florida? "Back in November" twice in one sentence? A number of other sentences that read like they were typed drunk or by children. Just proves that anyone can be a "journalist" these days. I hope no one paid her for that pile of garbage. It was terribly written.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:39 pm

Just as there would be if we didn't have 1 of our main guys.
is one of our main guys at risk of not playing?
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.