ousdahl

Millennials didn’t kill the economy

Post by ousdahl »

KUTradition
Contributor

Re: Millennials didn’t kill the economy

Post by KUTradition »

but did video kill the radio star?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I shot the sheriff.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:00 pm but did video kill the radio star?
It wore radio down so that streaming could finish it off
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Shitty reality shows killed the video star
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

My wife is a Millennial. She worked two jobs and paid off her student loans, which included a Ph.D. She did the same to avoid a car loan. She maxes out her 401K and Roth IRA contributions every pay period. She also never complains about feeling deprived or screwed over. Most Millennials I know, two of my kids included, are the same.

Maybe the lazy, whiny pothead Millennials are just louder than the majority who realize that it’s okay not to shop at Trader Joe’s and Whole Foods, and that they they don’t need a $70,000 SUV.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

What does pot have to do with that? Makes you sound like a typical whiny boomer.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Mjl wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:19 pm What does pot have to do with that? Makes you sound like a typical whiny boomer.
I’m Gen X. My parents are Boomers.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

JKLivin wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:15 pm My wife is a Millennial. She worked two jobs and paid off her student loans, which included a Ph.D. She did the same to avoid a car loan. She maxes out her 401K and Roth IRA contributions every pay period. She also never complains about feeling deprived or screwed over. Most Millennials I know, two of my kids included, are the same.

Maybe the lazy, whiny pothead Millennials are just louder than the majority who realize that it’s okay not to shop at Trader Joe’s and Whole Foods, and that they they don’t need a $70,000 SUV.
You come across as a whiny douche.

In

Every

Single

Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

lol, what's wrong with shopping at Trader Joes or Whole Foods and owning a $70k SUV?

Sounds like somebody is jealous.
ProudBoy

Post by ProudBoy »

Mjl wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:19 pm What does pot have to do with that? Makes you sound like a typical whiny boomer.
Absolutely nothing. He’s just showing his true colors.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

most of the pot smokers i know are highly successful, with PhDs and notable research and teaching positions at major universities
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i wonder if psych ever drinks coffee or tea, or has an alcoholic beverage on occasion
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Cascadia wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:10 am lol, what's wrong with shopping at Trader Joes or Whole Foods and owning a $70k SUV?

Yeah, the last thing boomers want, is for millennials to behave like boomers too.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

you're on a roll this morning ous!
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Cascadia wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:10 am lol, what's wrong with shopping at Trader Joes or Whole Foods and owning a $70k SUV?

The best part of his post is that my guess is he's never been in a Trader Joe's nor does he realize it is considered a "lower end" (or at least "lower price") grocery store in many parts of the country.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Nothing. It’s just silly to do those things and then cry poverty, marginalization, and lack of opportunity. But, that’s the local zeitgeist, so . . .
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

JKLivin wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:14 am

Nothing. It’s just silly to do those things and then cry poverty, marginalization, and lack of opportunity. But, that’s the local zeitgeist, so . . .
Please supply evidence to support your claim.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:09 am

The best part of his post is that my guess is he's never been in a Trader Joe's nor does he realize it is considered a "lower end" (or at least "lower price") grocery store in many parts of the country.
Of course I’ve been Trader Joe’s. If you had read the article, it was lamenting that Millennials were reduced to shopping at places like Wal-Mart, which is the type of store where most people shop.

You should really stick to your areas of expertise. If I need tips on how to use COVID as an excuse to avoid work and have more time to screw around in California, I’ll be sure to let you know.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Cascadia wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:15 am
JKLivin wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:14 am

Please supply evidence to support your claim.
Qusdahls posting history is all the evidence you need.

He's on here 15 hours a day. He can't possibly work hard for whoever he works for. Lord knows I don't.