Millennials didn’t kill the economy

Ugh.
PhDhawk

Re: Millennials didn’t kill the economy

Post by PhDhawk »

japhy wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:10 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:00 pm Now answer my fucking question about whether my office is a corner variety!
Do you own the lab?

If not, it is just a cubicle with a view.
It's for my research.

The university owns it.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:30 am
PhDhawk wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:10 am Ousdahl is almost 40 though.
Sigh.

I should mention, I’m personally better off financially than I’ve ever been, with the best job (at least in terms of compensation) that I’ve ever had.

I’ve got a nice little nest egg going, a portfolio diversified even, with handsome contributions every month to mich’s 401k.

No mortgage, though I pay more than I’d like in rent. No kids or younger sugar baby of a wife or significant debt otherwise. It’s easier when you’re single and mostly just fish for fun.

I just don’t brag about it much online. Except for my sweet canoe…now THAT is an asset!

I think I can be financially stable on a personal level, and still curious about the generation and the country as a whole.

Supposedly a majority of Mericans don’t even have $1000 bucks in savings, living paycheck to paycheck, one emergency away from financial ruin.

And it concerns me, even if it doesn’t apply to me directly.

Shrug.
Which makes all of the pissing and moaning and inciting revolution you do even more ridiculous.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:13 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:00 pm Now answer my fucking question about whether my office is a corner variety!
Do you own the lab?

It's for my research.

The university owns it.
That sounds emasculating.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

japhy wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:22 pm

Do you own the lab?

It's for my research.

The university owns it.
I take it out on the students.

japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

JKLivin wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:20 pm
Which makes all of the pissing and moaning and inciting revolution you do even more ridiculous.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3K3uAlyNL5o
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:25 pm
japhy wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:22 pm
It's for my research.

The university owns it.
I take it out on the students.
As you damn well should!
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Sigh.

I should mention, I’m personally better off financially than I’ve ever been, with the best job (at least in terms of compensation) that I’ve ever had.

I’ve got a nice little nest egg going, a portfolio diversified even, with handsome contributions every month to mich’s 401k.

No mortgage, though I pay more than I’d like in rent. No kids or younger sugar baby of a wife or significant debt otherwise. It’s easier when you’re single and mostly just fish for fun.

I just don’t brag about it much online. Except for my sweet canoe…now THAT is an asset!

I think I can be financially stable on a personal level, and still curious about the generation and the country as a whole.

Supposedly a majority of Mericans don’t even have $1000 bucks in savings, living paycheck to paycheck, one emergency away from financial ruin.

Shrug.
Go figure the bored’s resident Christian is also the guy who doesn’t care about anything or anyone further than 3 inches from his own nose
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:38 am
this kind of thinking isn’t allowed here

you get labeled as a malcontent by the selfish and ignorant
Right on cue
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:41 pm

Sigh.

Shrug.
Go figure the bored’s resident Christian is also the guy who doesn’t care about anything or anyone further than 3 inches from his own nose
Nah, he's all about forgiving serial rapists and people who've killed multiple other people.

What he can not tolerate is a food server having a bad day, or a cook making more than $12/hr.

A man's got to have a code.

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

SOMEONE GET THE MAN A SUSHI
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:41 pm

Sigh.

Shrug.
Injustice is one thing. Natural consequences of life choices and/or refusing to do what is necessary to get the life one wants is another altogether. But you know that already, even if you pretend not to.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

So say tens of millions struggling to survive is less about personal failure, and more about policy failure; systemic.

To you would that count as more of an injustice?

Or just another consequence of the “life choice” of being born in Merica?
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:27 pm So say tens of millions struggling to survive is less about personal failure, and more about policy failure; systemic.

To you would that count as more of an injustice?

Or just another consequence of the “life choice” of being born in Merica?
I can't speak to "tens of millions" of cases. I just know from lots of life experience and years of listening to people tell their stories that there is almost always something that can be done to make one's situation better. Some people choose to take those steps; others choose to stay where they are and blame the system, their parents, their high school coach, their ex-spouse, or any other number of things that are essentially unrelated to what is going on right now or to what choices are being faced in the moment.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Cute anecdotes!
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:45 pmCute anecdotes!
Hold on to that oUTrAgE. Unfortunately, it seems to be all that you have. Which is sad, because you are obviously an intelligent, capable individual.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

All that I have?

Again bro, you should really read OP links before commenting.

I know it’s only data, not exactly anecdotes, but still.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Non zero chance Ousdahl is currently sitting home collecting unemployment.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

No no no bro

If you’re a rich bourgeoise corner office type like myself, we no longer call those gummint handouts “unemployment”

Not by a long shot!

Instead, we like to think of it as job-creating subsidies

Now shut up and get me another bear claw!
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

…with BEST part being, if my esteemed corporate leadership drives the company into the ground, you idiot taxpayers will pick up the tab for me while I ride my golden parachute of a multi-million dollar severance package all the way to my vacation home!
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Millennials could be first generation to become more progressive as they age

https://youtu.be/4hPDTHx0PP8?si=V9Fto56OACAObkpi
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas