Happy Anniversary!

Ugh.
ousdahl

Re: Happy Anniversary!

Post by ousdahl »

I thought this guy got kicked off Twitter?

nm thinking of some other President.

https://twitter.com/joebiden/status/147 ... 44103?s=21
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:02 pm I thought this guy got kicked off Twitter?

nm thinking of some other President.

https://twitter.com/joebiden/status/147 ... 44103?s=21
That was from his speech yesterday. The one he didn't write - but read fairly well.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

do presidents ever write their own speeches?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:25 pm do presidents ever write their own speeches?
https://youtu.be/TCm9788Tb5g
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

This makes more sense than any explanation I have heard yet.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-c ... cnn-2022-1
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

japhy wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:59 pm This makes more sense than any explanation I have heard yet.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-c ... cnn-2022-1
😂
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

KUTradition wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:25 pm do presidents ever write their own speeches?
Do - present tense. I don't believe so.
Did - past tense. Yes.

The point of my post was a poor attempt to express that while many people felt is was an excellent speech that Biden gave yesterday, Donald Trump, you, I, or anyone else, could have read the same speech.
When a President speaks from his/her own mind and heart, then I will probably be a lot more impressed by what they said then when they read something someone else wrote for them to say.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:30 pm
Did - past tense. Yes.

The point of my post was a poor attempt to express that while many people felt is was an excellent speech that Biden gave yesterday, Donald Trump, you, I, or anyone else, could have read the same speech.
When a President speaks from his/her own mind and heart, then I will probably be a lot more impressed by what they said then when they read something someone else wrote for them to say.
Are you ever NOT critical of something? Fuck, man.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

sdoyel wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:19 pm
Did - past tense. Yes.

You should go back and read a game thread and then ask this question again.
Defense. Rebounds.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Did - past tense. Yes.

Yes, I am ever NOT critical of something/s.
How's this? Sure, it was a great speech.
Should I be ashamed and apologizing for pointing out that someone wrote for him to read?
I am someone who chooses not to praise people who I feel don't deserve to be praised. You may see that as being a fault of mine, I see it as being a strength. So be it. Moving on.........

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

jhawks99 wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:25 pm

Did - past tense. Yes.

You should go back and read a game thread and then ask this question again.
Potd.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:50 pm

Did - past tense. Yes.

Should I be ashamed and apologizing for pointing out that someone wrote for him to read?
I am someone who chooses not to praise people who I feel don't deserve to be praised. You may see that as being a fault of mine, I see it as being a strength. So be it. Moving on.........

do you think he had any part in, or say about, the content and tone of the speech?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

I don't

"Just put it in the teleprompter and run it slow, man."
Last edited by Deleted User 863 on Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

KUTradition wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:30 pm

do you think he had any part in, or say about, the content and tone of the speech?
Yes

Here is the bottom line. I have worked directly and indirectly with and for multiple politicians including but not limited to 2 former Mayors of a major US city (I still work for one of them and see him in his office on pretty much a daily basis - when he and I are both in the office), a current Governor, and a former President.
I was present when two of them reviewed, practiced, and then presented their inauguration speeches - as well as other speeches.
Like I basically said, I don't and won't praise them for reading the speeches people wrote for them. Why would or should I?
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:31 pm

Yes

Here is the bottom line. I have worked directly and indirectly with and for multiple politicians including but not limited to 2 former Mayors of a major US city (I still work for one of them and see him in his office on pretty much a daily basis - when he and I are both in the office), a current Governor, and a former President.
I was present when two of them reviewed, practiced, and then presented their inauguration speeches - as well as other speeches.
Like I basically said, I don't and won't praise them for reading the speeches people wrote for them. Why would or should I?
Pretty cool shit. I didn't know that about you (us*).
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:35 pm
Yes

Pretty cool shit. I didn't know that about you (us*).
I could and would go in to more details and share multiple stories - but it's really not that cool.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Yes

nobody asked you to praise them, or said that you should

do you have any thoughts on the speech itself? good, bad, indifferent?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yes

Yo semites!
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

KUTradition wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:59 am
Yes

nobody asked you to praise them, or said that you should

do you have any thoughts on the speech itself? good, bad, indifferent?
My mistake. I tend to care too much when people praise or ridicule politicians for things I feel they don't deserve praise or ridicule for.
I didn't hear the speech live. I have since watched/listened to it. https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/202 ... ot-seo.cnn

I feel it was a good speech. NOT "amazing", "the best", "great", and other things I read people say about it. I assume 75%+ of Americans didn't hear or read it. Many of that 75% being those who I felt probably should have listened to it.
My biggest issue with the speech is that I feel the first 20 minutes were much more divisive than unifying.
I prefer MY President to be a unifier and not a divider.