Happy Anniversary!

Ugh.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: Happy Anniversary!

Post by KUTradition »

i agree whole-heartedly
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

OK that's funny
Defense. Rebounds.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Man.

So I just talked to my dad about J6.

He’s usually a pretty level headed dood, tho is also prone to regurgitating Fox News talking points.

He condemned Trump and the magaheads who stormed the Capitol. But then, he said he thinks the investigation now is “just more politics,” like when pubs impeached Clinton.

I counter that it’s so much more than “just more politics,” and make the distinction that subpoenaing a potus about a real estate deal then throwing in a gotcha question about a bj pales in comparison to inciting a riot to attack lawmakers certifying an election.

He says, yeah but if a dem had incited that riot, do you even think dems would try to hold the guy accountable?

I say I think they totally would, then point out that dems did NOT ever come close to such a thing, or to choosing a leader anything like Trump, so to both sides it seems disingenuous and moot.

Besides, dems disagree with each other all the time, whereas demanding to march in lock step and disallowing defectors is much more a trumpublican thing.

I then mention how concerned I am about how much of the country ISNT concerned, and thinks J6 was some necessary or appropriate or generally good thing. He says he hasn’t heard of how many folks still seem to think that, but then downplays it again.

I mention if it was blacks or mooslums who stormed the Capitol it woulda been a damn bloodbath, and the whole country would have come together against it. He didn’t disagree.

I ask, then why is is just not as big a deal when white folks did it? And had no less than the potus himself calling for it?

Just politics as usual.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

“The difference beteeen 9/11 and 1/6 is, with 9/11 you didn’t have half the country rooting for the fucking planes”
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

I think it's incredibly disrespectful to the families and victims of 9/11 to compare it to 1/6.

Just my opinion..
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

What conspiracy? It was right out there in the open.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

ProudBoy you next?

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1481 ... 08357?s=21

Prosecutors have collected reams of evidence against them, including encrypted cellphone chats and recordings of online meetings. They have charged its members not only with forcing their way into the building in a military-style “stack,” but also with stationing an armed “quick reaction force” at a hotel in Virginia to be ready to rush into Washington if needed.
ProudBoy

Post by ProudBoy »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:50 pm ProudBoy you next?

Prosecutors have collected reams of evidence against them, including encrypted cellphone chats and recordings of online meetings. They have charged its members not only with forcing their way into the building in a military-style “stack,” but also with stationing an armed “quick reaction force” at a hotel in Virginia to be ready to rush into Washington if needed.
Funny story, actually. I’ve actually met that guy (not the brightest). I heard all about how he injured his eye. He thinks it makes him look tougher, but that’s just because most people don’t know the actual circumstances of the injury. I’ll just say it has to do with assembling a kid’s Christmas gift and leave it at that.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

ProudBoy wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:05 pm
ousdahl wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:50 pm ProudBoy you next?

Funny story, actually. I’ve actually met that guy (not the brightest). I heard all about how he injured his eye. He thinks it makes him look tougher, but that’s just because most people don’t know the actual circumstances of the injury. I’ll just say it has to do with assembling a kid’s Christmas gift and leave it at that.
Fucking Red Rider….