Joe Rogan

Coffee talk.
PhDhawk

Re: Joe Rogan

Post by PhDhawk »

Funny thing is by taking the Spotify payday, Rogan reduced his listening audience. Same as Howard stern. When he went to satellite his listenership went down and so has his Influence.

If people start canceling Spotify, Rogan will go down with the ship.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

If a number of other artists follow suit, then Spotify will have to do something.
But here's a solution, if you don't want to listen to Joe Rogan, then don't.
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

Some say the issue with Joe Rogan is not simply “if you don’t wanna listen then don’t,” but that his content has negative consequences for some greater general public beyond just the listeners.

But that’s not my problem.
“Qusdahl ISNT wrong.” - PDub 1/28

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I dont think you should shut down speech unless it is actually dangerous.

And I am not arguing specifics about the first Ammendment. I am speaking generally. Silencing people is more dangerous in the long run for a society than letting people be morans.
( ie are you kidding me with banning Maus from middle/high school curriculum )

But we have had this argument before.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

I hope Neil Young will remember,
Southern man don’t need him around, anyhow.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

JKLivin wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:49 pm I hope Neil Young will remember,
On brand.
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

Those woke whiny bleeding heart I heart radio phd types might try to say things like, “it’s paradoxical but in a free society intolerance cannot be tolerated”

Thst comment may apply more to hate speech type stuff. I dunno whether or how much that might apply to medical misinformation during a pandemic too.

And frankly, I couldn’t care less. At least someone’s getting rich off it, and that’s what’s most important. It’s not like getting rich has ever been a bad thing.

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Channeling MICH:

I like Spotify.

( I really do, it's a sleek efficient experience. Combined with sonos, Creed never sounded better )
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

Not even on the sat shack jukebox?

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I see this as an absolute win. If Spotify cut ties with Rogan and he was on every podcast platform he'd reach a much bigger audience. I wish more musicians would follow Neil's lead and Spotify would drop them all. More people would migrate away from Spotify.

Free market at work. Nomesayin.

Southern change gonna come at last
Now your crosses are burning fast

Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

Nuh nuh, those musicians should be grateful for that .003 cents a stream.

I mean how hard can writing and performing music really be? It’s so easy even a high schooler can do it…for real Justin Bieber was only like 15 when he dropped his first big hit!

Besides, if those musicians don’t wanna work, then their jobs are prob gonna be replaced by robots. And then all new music will sound like Rush.

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Qusdahl wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:08 pm Nuh nuh, those musicians should be grateful for that .003 cents a stream.

I mean how hard can writing and performing music really be? It’s so easy even a high schooler can do it…for real Justin Bieber was only like 15 when he dropped his first big hit!

Besides, if those musicians don’t wanna work, then their jobs are prob gonna be replaced by robots. And then all new music will sound like Rush.
Now look at them yo-yos, that's the way you do it
You play the guitar on the spotify
That ain't workin', that's the way you do it
Money for nothin' and your chicks for free
Now that ain't workin', that's the way you do it
Lemme tell ya, them guys ain't dumb
Maybe get a blister on your little finger
Maybe get a blister on your thumb

Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

I dunno what song that is.

I mostly just listen to Ted Nugent.

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Qusdahl wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:15 pm I dunno what song that is.

I mostly just listen to Ted Nugent.
Nugent fans should love that song. It drops "the other f word" about a half dozen times, while it's done ironically, I doubt that's how they listen to it.

RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Cascadia wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:55 pm
JKLivin wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:49 pm I hope Neil Young will remember,
On brand.
This is for those who are not in the know. My guess is JK doesn't care but others might.

http://thrasherswheat.org/jammin/lynyrd.htm
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

pdub wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:18 pm I dont think you should shut down speech unless it is actually dangerous.

And I am not arguing specifics about the first Ammendment. I am speaking generally. Silencing people is more dangerous in the long run for a society than letting people be morans.
( ie are you kidding me with banning Maus from middle/high school curriculum )

But we have had this argument before.
But you don't seem to have a problem with instagram banning nudity, or YouTube demonizing videos with cuss words.

Misinformation is a lot worse, and causes much worse problems, and has negatively impacted more lives and our society as a whole than seeing a nipple or hearing the word fuck ever have.

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I'd actually be OK with nudity on instagram if there was a filter you could click that wasn't default.
I hate YouTube demonitizing videos with cuss words.

Wut?
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

You don't ever bring that up. You're quick to ride in on your horse to defend antivax speech that actually does have meaningful negative consequences though.

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Pope Francis calls access to accurate information on coronavirus vaccines ‘a human right’

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/20 ... formation/
“We can hardly fail to see that these days, in addition to the pandemic, an ‘infodemic’ is spreading: A distortion of reality based on fear, which in our global society leads to an explosion of commentary on falsified if not invented news,” the leader of the world’s Catholics said.

Meeting with members of the International Catholic Media Consortium on COVID-19 Vaccines — a fact-checking network that aims to combat misinformation — the pope said that being fully informed by scientific data was a human right.

“To be properly informed, to be helped to understand situations based on scientific data and not fake news, is a human right. Correct information must be ensured above all to those who are less equipped, to the weakest and to those who are most vulnerable.”

Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

A human right??

But what about MAH rights!!!!!!

Besides, even though I’m a devout Catholic who attends Mass every Sunday, I don’t think the Church should be meddling in the pols bored

…except for abortion.