Joe Rogan

Coffee talk.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Joe Rogan

Post by pdub »

PhDhawk wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:52 pm You don't ever bring that up. You're quick to ride in on your horse to defend antivax speech that actually does have meaningful negative consequences though.
I feel like i've definitely spoken on the demonitization of YouTube before -- when they created that policing group 5-6 years ago.
On the dotnet.

And i'm not sure that subject has popped up here on kcrim yet.
Nor nudity on Instagram.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:22 pm
Cascadia wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:55 pm
JKLivin wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:49 pm I hope Neil Young will remember,
Southern man don’t need him around, anyhow.
On brand.
This is for those who are not in the know. My guess is JK doesn't care but others might.

http://thrasherswheat.org/jammin/lynyrd.htm
You're right. I don't care. It seems like a timely response to Neil Young's hubristic need to tell everyone else what to do. No racial overtones intended, as usual.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

JKLivin wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:38 pm
Cascadia wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:55 pm

On brand.
This is for those who are not in the know. My guess is JK doesn't care but others might.

You're right. I don't care. It seems like a timely response to Neil Young's hubristic need to tell everyone else what to do. No racial overtones intended, as usual.
I admit I'm not bright enough to understand what you mean by saying "No racial overtones intended, as usual".
I'm also not bright enough to understand why you would claim Neil Young has a "hubristic need to tell everyone else what to do".
Last edited by RainbowsandUnicorns on Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:26 pm
JKLivin wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:38 pm

I admit I'm not bright enough to understand what you mean by saying "No racial overtones intended, as usual".
I'm also not bright enough to understand why you would claim Neil Young has a "hubristic need to tell everyone else what to do".
Admitting you have a problem is the first step, Gutter.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Joni Mitchell demands Spotify remove her music over deadly lies

https://datebook.sfchronicle.com/music/ ... heir-lives

Joni Mitchell is requesting that Spotify remove her music, in solidarity with fellow Canadian American singer-songwriter Neil Young.

“I’ve decided to remove all my music from Spotify,” Mitchell, 78, wrote in a post on her official website Friday, Jan. 28. “Irresponsible people are spreading lies that are costing people their lives. I stand in solidarity with Neil Young and the global scientific and medical communities on this issue.”
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

I wonder what the Venn Diagram looks like of "people who use Spotify" and "people who really like listening to Laurel Canyon musicians".

I would guess not a huge overlap. I guess the market thinks differently.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

That's a great meme for anyone who doesn't understand what censorship is or the meaning behind keep on rocking in the free world.

zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Arresting and prosecuting someone who screaming “FIRE” in a crowded theater is not censorship.

Edit: PhD actually said what I was trying to say better than I did!!
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

PhDhawk wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:26 am That's a great meme for anyone who doesn't understand what censorship is or the meaning behind keep on rocking in the free world.
Good thing you’re so smart and can ‘splain it to all us imbeciles.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

zsn wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:26 am Arresting and prosecuting someone who screaming “FIRE” in a crowded theater is not censorship.

Edit: PhD actually said what I was trying to say better than I did!!
You share his talent for ridiculous hyperbole. Congratulations.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

It's amazing how many people have no real idea of what Young actually did - and yet they have their own "expert" opinions regarding it.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Bruce Springsteen guitarist Nils Lofgren joins protest of Spotify over Covid misinformation

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/30/bruce-s ... cott-.html

zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

JKLivin wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:28 am
PhDhawk wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:26 am That's a great meme for anyone who doesn't understand what censorship is or the meaning behind keep on rocking in the free world.
Good thing you’re so smart and can ‘splain it to all us imbeciles.
It seems to be a Sisyphean task from the looks of it
Last edited by zsn on Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

50 years from now the rubes will still be listening to podcasts of Rogan talking about ivermectin and saying "goddamn he is brilliant, he sure owned the libs, this was one of the high points in Merican culture".

Neil Young and Joni Mitchell? we will see if they have longevity......https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOKESEtmhis
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

“Qusdahl ISNT wrong.” - PDub 1/28

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Spotify finally pretending to “get it” - too little, too late. Gives little confidence to investors about the management team’s competence. What is with the leadership of the highly-public-facing companies? Their first response seems to be “if we pretend like it never happened maybe it’ll go away”. Then they come up with this halfhearted “we’ll put an advisory message” nonsense. Show some courage, you pieces of jelly.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

We all know you're on Team JK, err, I mean Team Rogan.