Joe Rogan

Coffee talk.
Cascadia

Re: Joe Rogan

Post by Cascadia »

Mjl wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:37 pm
Cascadia wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:14 pm 🤦🏻‍♂️
I'll mark you down as caring about virtue signaling and not giving a shit about actual bigotry.
🤦🏻‍♂️
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

JKLivin wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:40 pm
Mjl wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:57 pm The mob going after Rogan's use of the-word-that-I-can't-say is troubling.

The notion that nobody can use that word is also bothersome to me.

I mean, I don't think goyim should never use the word kike if they're using it in a way that is anti-anti-Semitic, or just in the discussion of language, like here.

In fact, saying that you can't use that word even to point out someone's anti-Semitism seems to be trying to act like the word, and thus to an extent anti-Semitism, doesn't exist. And that I have a huge problem with.
If you are in the public eye and say things that are recorded on a long enough timeline, you will eventually end up running afoul of someone.
Standard old white guy answer: "If you record me long enough you'll catch me saying the N word."

Everyone else:

JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:49 pm
Mjl wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:57 pm The mob going after Rogan's use of the-word-that-I-can't-say is troubling.

I mean, I don't think goyim should never use the word kike if they're using it in a way that is anti-anti-Semitic, or just in the discussion of language, like here.

In fact, saying that you can't use that word even to point out someone's anti-Semitism seems to be trying to act like the word, and thus to an extent anti-Semitism, doesn't exist. And that I have a huge problem with.
If you are in the public eye and say things that are recorded on a long enough timeline, you will eventually end up running afoul of someone.
Standard old white guy answer: "If you record me long enough you'll catch me saying the N word."

Everyone else:

Not at all what I said. And I'm not old.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Definitely not what I was saying there
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Mjl wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:35 pm

What I was trying to say is that, given enough material, people can construe many things that you say to mean things they didn't mean when you said them. Rogan talked about that in his apology. Context is important, and people intent on oUTraGe fail to see anything contextual.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

JKLivin wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:29 pm

What I was trying to say is that, given enough material, people can construe many things that you say to mean things they didn't mean when you said them. Rogan talked about that in his apology. Context is important, and people intent on oUTraGe fail to see anything contextual.
Exactly. It's everyone else's fault. This excuse is centuries old.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:31 pm
JKLivin wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:29 pm

Exactly. It's everyone else's fault. This excuse is centuries old.
You’re trying too hard.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

he’s not the one making excuses for a grown man
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:00 pm he’s not the one making excuses for a grown man
You’re not understanding the context of his racism!!!!