Patrick Mahomes

Kansas Football.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: Patrick Mahomes

Post by jfish26 »

hasbeen wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:55 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:37 pm I think Chiefs fans look for ways to feel slighted because it's in their DNA as midwestern fans on top of the demographic base going through a championship drought.
Nope. There has been some absolute nonsense said about Mahomes this season and especially in the last few weeks. No other QB with that resume would get the treatment he does.
Eh. Strikes me as "Lebron sucks" contrarian schtick. I think it just came for Pat early because it's been obvious that we're watching a GOAT.

BUT. Seven rings is hard to imagine, for a guy that will have a billion before 30. So, to even work your way into the conversation - the conversation - means you can't miss any bunnies.

This season is now a bunny, as these things go.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:14 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:37 pm I think Chiefs fans look for ways to feel slighted because it's in their DNA as midwestern fans on top of the demographic base going through a championship drought.
Nope. There has been some absolute nonsense said about Mahomes this season and especially in the last few weeks. No other QB with that resume would get the treatment he does.
Eh. Strikes me as "Lebron sucks" contrarian schtick. I think it just came for Pat early because it's been obvious that we're watching a GOAT.

BUT. Seven rings is hard to imagine, for a guy that will have a billion before 30. So, to even work your way into the conversation - the conversation - means you can't miss any bunnies.

That is a huge overstatement. The Bengals are really good and just beat KC a few weeks ago. Shanahan's scheme is one of the best run/defense combos in the leagueand the Rams have a comically absurd collection of talent on both sides of the ball.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:50 am
jfish26 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:14 am

That is a huge overstatement. The Bengals are really good and just beat KC a few weeks ago. Shanahan's scheme is one of the best run/defense combos in the leagueand the Rams have a comically absurd collection of talent on both sides of the ball.
As these things go. The bar the Chiefs have set is significantly higher than the competition that remains. If they want to be in the Belichick/Brady conversation, there’s simply not room to lose seasons to sub-elite quarterbacks.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

KC opens at 7pt favorites
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I would never call winning the Super Bowl a bunny.
Bengals beat the Titans with Henry back ( kind of ).
The Rams have spent everything they have for this one chance - their defense is a collection of stars.

The path is most definitely easier though now that Green Bay, Tampa and Buffalo have been eliminated.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:58 am KC opens at 7pt favorites
That's absurdly large for an AFC Championship game. But the Bengals have done just enough to squeak by in their playoff games, which is all that matters.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 863

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:21 am
That's absurdly large for an AFC Championship game. But the Bengals have done just enough to squeak by in their playoff games, which is all that matters.
Ya. Bengals +800 to win the superbowl which is insane since only 4 teams left.

KC +120
LA +200
SF +450
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Burrow got sacked 9 times I think. That Cincy OL is beat up. If KC can get even half that many sacks and then get Mathieu back from concussion protocol and figure out how to cover Chase a little better, I think KC wins by 10+.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

1. We need Mathieu back
2. Our secondary isnt that good even with him - they are a bottom 10 unit without him
3. Don't single cover Jamar Chase with Ward
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

7 of the previous 14 AFC Championship games a team was favored by 7 or more points.

6 of the previous 14 AFC Championship games the underdog (no matter how many points they were the underdog) covered.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I haven't seen it, but I also don't think it changes anything from my post. The millennial mizzou/chiefs/royals fan combo had to have been one of the most tortured. Then you still have KU hoops fans every year crowing about "east coast bias" and Selection Sunday conspiracies.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Tough to see when you're in KC.
It's definitely happening.
Boston media has talked often about Mahomes' regression this season.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

pdub wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:43 am Tough to see when you're in KC.
It's definitely happening.
Boston media has talked often about Mahomes' regression this season.
Yeah, west coast/national media tried to create the narrative all season that 6-7 quarterbacks were in the same category as Mahomes.

The 2nd chargers game was insufferable, I actually muted the game for a while. I don't think I've ever muted an NFL game before. College basketball? Sure, all the time, but not the NFL.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"NO ONE IN THE NFL CAN MAKE A THROW LIKE THAT"

Mahomes does it every other game.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

lol, yeah, that's probably my favorite eyeroll commentary of them all.
Deleted User 863

Cascadia wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:54 am lol, yeah, that's probably my favorite eyeroll commentary of them all.
Same. Rodgers and Mahomes can make all the throws imo. Allen is going to get himself in that convo sooner or later (maybe already has).
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:12 am
Cascadia wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:54 am lol, yeah, that's probably my favorite eyeroll commentary of them all.
Same. Rodgers and Mahomes can make all the throws imo. Allen is going to get himself in that convo sooner or later (maybe already has).
Not anymore on Rodgers.

As far as making all the throws, I'd go with Mahomes and Herbert first. I do think there are throws I have seen Herbert make that I have not seen Mahomes make. And vice versa, obviously, as Mahomes has done things never seen before. Allen can throw the ball from here back to Buffalo, though.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I don't think Allen would do as well if his Buffalo defense, with their scheme, was lining up on the other side of the ball.

We got beat/lost deep so many times v him.
Mahomes had to work to pick apart the Bills.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"I do think there are throws I have seen Herbert make that I have not seen Mahomes make."

Link?
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

58-15 - (79.5%)
38-15 - (71.7%)
42-24 - (63.6%)
14-13-1 (51.8%)
22-24-1 (47.8%)
15-17 - (46.9%)

And for those who claim wining is a TEAM ACCOMPLISHMENT!!!!!

4 straight AFC championship games
2 Super Bowl Appearances (maybe 3)
1 Super Bowl win (maybe 2)
1 League MVP
1 Super Bowl MVP (maybe 2)
50 TD Season
5,000 Passing Yard Season

Again, Mahomes is in a category of 1.