Cascadia

Re: Patrick Mahomes

Post by Cascadia »

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Cascadia wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:27 am And about that arm strength

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/320 ... ility-more
I agree with Mina: "I'm surprised that Allen didn't end up No. 1 here. Sure, Mahomes throws the prettier deep ball, but if we're just assessing arm strength, Allen's cannon is indisputable. -- Kimes"

But this makes this panel even more hilarious, and I guess I can now understand why some think the national media forgot about Patrick Mahomes--they will really throw all shit at the wall:

Others who received at least one vote: Dak Prescott, Cam Newton, Trey Lance, Drew Lock, Carson Wentz, Trevor Lawrence, Matt Ryan, Jameis Winston, Kirk Cousins, Tom Brady and Derek Carr
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Cascadia wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:26 am 58-15 - (79.5%)
38-15 - (71.7%)
42-24 - (63.6%)
14-13-1 (51.8%)
22-24-1 (47.8%)
15-17 - (46.9%)

And for those who claim wining is a TEAM ACCOMPLISHMENT!!!!!

4 straight AFC championship games
2 Super Bowl Appearances (maybe 3)
1 Super Bowl win (maybe 2)
1 League MVP
1 Super Bowl MVP (maybe 2)
50 TD Season
5,000 Passing Yard Season

Again, Mahomes is in a category of 1.
He's the best at his position. Potentially ever. Most accomplished is obviously Brady but Mahomes has done stuff in 4 years that nobody else has done. And he will continue to do so for the next 15+ years.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:30 am

I agree with Mina: "I'm surprised that Allen didn't end up No. 1 here. Sure, Mahomes throws the prettier deep ball, but if we're just assessing arm strength, Allen's cannon is indisputable. -- Kimes"

But this makes this panel even more hilarious, and I guess I can now understand why some think the national media forgot about Patrick Mahomes--they will really throw all shit at the wall:

Others who received at least one vote: Dak Prescott, Cam Newton, Trey Lance, Drew Lock, Carson Wentz, Trevor Lawrence, Matt Ryan, Jameis Winston, Kirk Cousins, Tom Brady and Derek Carr
There's a really good misogynistic joke built in there. I actually like Kimes a lot, wish she still hosted the ESPN Daily podcast. Torre stinks.

But, again, since KC doesn't throw deep bombs anymore because Hill is double covered on every play with safety's playing ungodly deep people seem to have forgotten that Mahomes can absolutely unload a crazy deep pass too.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6gGwAKqewE

Throws it from the 25, Hill catches it at the 5.
70 yard throw.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Cascadia wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:33 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:30 am

There's a really good misogynistic joke built in there. I actually like Kimes a lot, wish she still hosted the ESPN Daily podcast. Torre stinks.

But, again, since KC doesn't throw deep bombs anymore because Hill is double covered on every play with safety's playing ungodly deep people seem to have forgotten that Mahomes can absolutely unload a crazy deep pass too.
Well if you read that article, I don’t think it’s been forgotten.

I only commented on Allen’s cannon because Illy described him as a guy that can make all the throws. I don’t think that’s quite right. I’d put him below, at the very least, Mahomes, Herbert, and Rodgers in warm weather.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

pdub wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:34 am https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6gGwAKqewE

Throws it from the 25, Hill catches it at the 5.
70 yard throw.
lol, nice triple coverage!
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

I guess i should have said "all the throws you need him to make"?

Mahomes definitely does have some crazy on the run side arm type throws....which are great when they work out....not so much when they don't. He's an impressive athlete.

Herbert is good. I just want to see another year of evidence before i start including him with guys like Mahomes and Rodgers...but maybe I should just start now. He's definitely got some elite tools.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Elite tools is the correct term. Herbert still has plenty to prove before being on a Tier 1 elite QB. Just as a thrower, I like him more than Allen. But, Allen has other things, mainly that he's also a running back, and looks like he's an absolute gamer.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

I like Allen a lot but I wonder if he's going to get RGIII'd with how Buffalo uses him.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I'd think the same but he is built like a tank.
They'd be wise to dial the designed runs back for the regular season and release in the playoffs.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

What I know is that in the time since Lenny Dawson retired I have watched, Mike Livingston, Steve Fuller, Bill Kenney, Todd Blackledge, Steve Deberg, Dave Krieg, Joe Montana, Steve Bono, Elvis Grbac, Trent Green, Damon Huard, Brodie Croyle, Matt Cassel and Alex Smith start under center for the Chiefs and they have relentlessly found ways to make following the Chiefs seem futile. After 40 years of disappointment it is damn fun to have Mahomes on our team.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

You forgot Tyler Thigpen!
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Tyler Palko! Kyle Orton! Brady Quinn!
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Rich Gannon was good.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I loved DeBerg.
Defense. Rebounds.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Letting Gannon go and keeping Grbac may have cost KC a Super Bowl title.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I was never an Elvis fan but I think I hated Bono more.
Defense. Rebounds.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

jhawks99 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:24 pm I was never an Elvis fan but I think I hated Bono more.
Even after Joshua Tree?