Patrick Mahomes

Kansas Football.
shindig

Re: Patrick Mahomes

Post by shindig »

jhawks99 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:24 pm I was never an Elvis fan but I think I hated Bono more.
Man, two music legends right there.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Guessing the wins are v Houston, v San Fran, v Buffalo.
While we were down a decent amount v Tennessee, it was kind of early.
We know what the loss was.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Cascadia wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:33 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:30 am
Cascadia wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:27 am And about that arm strength

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/320 ... ility-more
I agree with Mina: "I'm surprised that Allen didn't end up No. 1 here. Sure, Mahomes throws the prettier deep ball, but if we're just assessing arm strength, Allen's cannon is indisputable. -- Kimes"

But this makes this panel even more hilarious, and I guess I can now understand why some think the national media forgot about Patrick Mahomes--they will really throw all shit at the wall:

Others who received at least one vote: Dak Prescott, Cam Newton, Trey Lance, Drew Lock, Carson Wentz, Trevor Lawrence, Matt Ryan, Jameis Winston, Kirk Cousins, Tom Brady and Derek Carr
There's a really good misogynistic joke built in there. I actually like Kimes a lot, wish she still hosted the ESPN Daily podcast. Torre stinks.

But, again, since KC doesn't throw deep bombs anymore because Hill is double covered on every play with safety's playing ungodly deep people seem to have forgotten that Mahomes can absolutely unload a crazy deep pass too.
How cringeworthy is this?

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I guess Jeff Garcia can only talk about the NFL then.
If he gets a bad meal at a restaurant, he'd better not offer his opinion on it, unless he's been a head chef somewhere.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:30 pm
Cascadia wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:33 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:30 am

I agree with Mina: "I'm surprised that Allen didn't end up No. 1 here. Sure, Mahomes throws the prettier deep ball, but if we're just assessing arm strength, Allen's cannon is indisputable. -- Kimes"

But this makes this panel even more hilarious, and I guess I can now understand why some think the national media forgot about Patrick Mahomes--they will really throw all shit at the wall:

Others who received at least one vote: Dak Prescott, Cam Newton, Trey Lance, Drew Lock, Carson Wentz, Trevor Lawrence, Matt Ryan, Jameis Winston, Kirk Cousins, Tom Brady and Derek Carr
There's a really good misogynistic joke built in there. I actually like Kimes a lot, wish she still hosted the ESPN Daily podcast. Torre stinks.

But, again, since KC doesn't throw deep bombs anymore because Hill is double covered on every play with safety's playing ungodly deep people seem to have forgotten that Mahomes can absolutely unload a crazy deep pass too.
How cringeworthy is this?

Yikes…..
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I think if you interpret Jeff's terrible grammar that he has essentially stated that a 5-year-old QB that has thrown a touchdown pass in flag football has a more valid opinion than an award winning sports journalist that graduated summa cum laude from Yale.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:47 pm I think if you interpret Jeff's terrible grammar that he has essentially stated that a 5-year-old QB that has thrown a touchdown pass in flag football has a more valid opinion than an award winning sports journalist that graduated summa cum laude from Yale.
Right? The “you can’t have an opinion unless you’ve done it” seems to apply mainly to snowflake athletes
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

I'll wait for Jeff Garcia's rant about his former head coach Steve Mariucci, whose professional football experience consisted of two weeks as a practice player for the Hamilton Tiger Cats in 1978.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:47 pm I think if you interpret Jeff's terrible grammar that he has essentially stated that a 5-year-old QB that has thrown a touchdown pass in flag football has a more valid opinion than an award winning sports journalist that graduated summa cum laude from Yale.
The funny thing is she's making a lot of money being a highly respected knowledgeable NATIONAL journalist - and it seems he just may be jealous of that fact.

This was what she said - “Jimmy Garoppolo isn’t the reason they’re winning,” “They’re winning with him, but not because of him … He posted the second-lowest QBR in 15 years.” “Since joining the Niners, he has two touchdowns and five interceptions in the postseason." “These are not advanced statistics. The dude is just simply not helping them win.”

Was she wrong?

The not funny thing is he himself has ripped on Jimmy G in the past.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

His twitter account got suspended. My guess is more for the comments than his actual tweet.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

twocoach wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:21 pm I'll wait for Jeff Garcia's rant about his former head coach Steve Mariucci, whose professional football experience consisted of two weeks as a practice player for the Hamilton Tiger Cats in 1978.
This is where my head went as well. Think of all the great football coaches and especially QB gurus who never played past high school.

Also, humans have this important ability to relate to things and have empathy and sympathy. I've never been hit by a 90 mph fastball, but I know it hurts because I've been hit by baseballs traveling at lower speeds, as well as other hard objects that were moving swiftly.

Also, I know he's from CA, but he seems weirdly loyal in his fandom to a team that once released him.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Cascadia wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:28 pm
Right? The “you can’t have an opinion unless you’ve done it” seems to apply mainly to snowflake athletes
There are a few things that applies to: Walking on the moon, Surviving the holocaust, Trench warfare...

Playing QB in the NFL is NOT on that list.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"There are a few things that applies to: Walking on the moon, Surviving the holocaust, Trench warfare..."

Running a University of Kansas sports bored.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:39 pm
twocoach wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:21 pm I'll wait for Jeff Garcia's rant about his former head coach Steve Mariucci, whose professional football experience consisted of two weeks as a practice player for the Hamilton Tiger Cats in 1978.
This is where my head went as well. Think of all the great football coaches and especially QB gurus who never played past high school.

Also, humans have this important ability to relate to things and have empathy and sympathy. I've never been hit by a 90 mph fastball, but I know it hurts because I've been hit by baseballs traveling at lower speeds, as well as other hard objects that were moving swiftly.

Also, I know he's from CA, but he seems weirdly loyal in his fandom to a team that once released him.
He was employed by NBC Sports Bay Area doing work on 49ers games through at least last season. I saw an article about former 49ers LT Joe Staley replacing him on their pregame and postgame shows in April of last year. No idea if he still works for them in some capacity covering 49ers games but his post was worded as if he still does.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:43 pm
Cascadia wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:28 pm
There are a few things that applies to: Walking on the moon, Surviving the holocaust, Trench warfare...

Playing QB in the NFL is NOT on that list.
And this argument isn't all that far removed from the fanboi "Bill Self said______" argument
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

A note on Josh Allen. I think he will be a forgotten footnote if they keep running him like they do. His knees will go before his arm and it won't matter. Lamar Jackson has probably already peaked for the same reason.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Tend to agree with you on that. Josh Allen is a big strong dude. He isn't a little guy by any means but those hits all add up and that only gets compounded when your OC is asking you to be that involved in the running game.
That is why I believe Mahomes is so smart in the way he plays. He didn't run or scramble a ton during the regular season but in the playoffs it is game on. Smart. Minimize the risk as much as possible but when it is go time all bets are off.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

KC also doesn't call designed QB Sweeps for Mahomes.

That's where I think things get dangerous for Allen (and other QB's). Really feels like some coaches are playing with fire. It only take one hit by a DE/LB to mangle a knee or do some series head damage.

I really want to see guys like Allen be healthy for the next 15 years.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:24 pm
The funny thing is she's making a lot of money being a highly respected knowledgeable NATIONAL journalist - and it seems he just may be jealous of that fact.

This was what she said - “Jimmy Garoppolo isn’t the reason they’re winning,” “They’re winning with him, but not because of him … He posted the second-lowest QBR in 15 years.” “Since joining the Niners, he has two touchdowns and five interceptions in the postseason." “These are not advanced statistics. The dude is just simply not helping them win.”

Was she wrong?

The not funny thing is he himself has ripped on Jimmy G in the past.
So this impossible thing that must be done before having an opinion on football, Jimmy G has only done it two more times than Mina Kimes, the physically and mentally weak little girl in Jeff's eyes.