Patrick Mahomes

Kansas Football.
japhy
Contributor

Re: Patrick Mahomes

Post by japhy »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 6:13 am MY prediction for Mahomes on Sunday.
25 completions on 32 attempts
349 passing yards
3 passing TD
0 INT
37 rushing yards
1 rushing TD
Does't play the majority of the 4th quarter because the Chiefs are up 20+ points
I was reading the other day that Justin Fields believes the reason he looks "robotic" on the field is because that is how the coaches have been coaching him to play.

But Sunday, he is going to put that thinking stuff behind him and just play with a free mind! As a Chief's fan I like the sound of that.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I think basically they want to make him be more of a pocket QB...so i'd expect for him to just say F it and start running this weekend.

Nick Bolton spy time.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

pdub wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:33 am I think basically they want to make him be more of a pocket QB...so i'd expect for him to just say F it and start running this weekend.

Nick Bolton spy time.
Bears were too worried he would get hurt playing the way he was most successful.
Instead they want him to stay in the pocket (and get sacked because their O-line is terrible or he makes terrible decisions/indecisions) and clearly that's not working well.
He's another Bears QB disaster.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Sorry if this was posted on the Chiefs thread. I didn't see it.
Crazy fact....

Wilson is the ONLY QB to ever have fewer INT’s and more completions, passing yards, and TD passes in a game against Mahomes (in a Mahomes start).

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cx5ih_-LiyV ... _copy_link
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Zach Wilson surprised me with several good throws.
Our defense, however, was shat-tastic Sunday night.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

If Wilson stays the course, he will have as many Super Bowls as Kirk Cousins.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Sparko wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:18 am If Wilson stays the course, he will have as many Super Bowls as Kirk Cousins.
I laughed
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Mahomes is 2 wins away from tying Joe Montana ( 16 ) for 2nd all time in QB playoff wins.

We all know who is first but can you guess how many wins he has?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

CnB would know.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

pdub wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:02 am Mahomes is 2 wins away from tying Joe Montana ( 16 ) for 2nd all time in QB playoff wins.

We all know who is first but can you guess how many wins he has?
I know he played 20+ seasons. Figure he made the playoffs 15+ seasons. Won 7 Super Bowls.
I'm going with 40.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

That’s a very good guess Gutter.
A touch high.
You need to realize, they had 2 byes for I think a long while and that’s 1 game Brady would often miss out on.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

looking for his 6th straight postseason game without an interception

impressive

per NBCSports:

He has just seven interceptions in his 16 career postseason games, and he has basically played another whole season's worth of games in the postseason while putting up MVP-type numbers: In the postseason Mahomes has thrown 38 touchdown passes, totaled 4,561 yards, completed 66.8 percent of his passes and averaged 7.8 yards per attempt, with a passer rating of 106.7.
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:43 am looking for his 6th straight postseason game without an interception

impressive

per NBCSports:

He has just seven interceptions in his 16 career postseason games, and he has basically played another whole season's worth of games in the postseason while putting up MVP-type numbers: In the postseason Mahomes has thrown 38 touchdown passes, totaled 4,561 yards, completed 66.8 percent of his passes and averaged 7.8 yards per attempt, with a passer rating of 106.7.
I read this morning that barring injury, Pacheco will become (this weekend) the Chiefs' all time playoff rushing leader. As good as he's been, that says way more about the franchise than the player.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:54 am
KUTradition wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:43 am looking for his 6th straight postseason game without an interception

impressive

per NBCSports:

I read this morning that barring injury, Pacheco will become (this weekend) the Chiefs' all time playoff rushing leader. As good as he's been, that says way more about the franchise than the player.
Even with the play off droughts, the Chiefs move on quickly from RBs generally. Priest and Okoye were obtained fairly late, like the Williams' and Marcus Allen.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Sparko wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:21 pm

impressive

per NBCSports:

Even with the play off droughts, the Chiefs move on quickly from RBs generally. Priest and Okoye were obtained fairly late, like the Williams' and Marcus Allen.
And playoff appearances were both infrequent AND short.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Oh yeah. I vaguely remember a 50-year black-out period where Lin Elliot appears as a the Hitchhiker, subbing for Paige Fletcher.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

it’s kinda crazy recalling the Montana/Allen years
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:29 pm it’s kinda crazy recalling the Montana/Allen years
All of it makes me think that, from a strategy standpoint, whatever the Chiefs want in terms of public funding for a new stadium, they should ask for now.

I have a feeling the Golden Era withdrawals are going to be SEVERE.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

impressive

per NBCSports:

Yeah, who is second, Marcus Allen? He played 6 playoff games in 5 seasons for KC. Pacheco is playing in his sixth playoff game in just 2 seasons this weekend.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:24 pm
Sparko wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:21 pm

And playoff appearances were both infrequent AND short.
To put in in perspective, prior to the arrival of Patrick Mahomes, the Chiefs had just 5 postseasons out of 50+ where they won at least one game and got to play more than one game. Since Mahomes, the Chiefs have had 6 straight seasons where they won at least one playoff game and (I believe) an NFL record five straight where they have won at least 2 games.