Patrick Mahomes

Kansas Football.
twocoach

Re: Patrick Mahomes

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:06 pm twocoach will loose his shit with this comment but it's also a shame that was the worst officiated Super Bowl i've ever seen.

1st & 10 at TB 40
(3:19 - 1st) J.Haeg reported in as eligible. T.Brady pass incomplete deep left to M.Evans. PENALTY on KC-B.Breeland, Defensive Holding, 5 yards, enforced at TB 40 - No Play.

3rd & 4 at KC 32
(7:55 - 2nd) (Shotgun) T.Brady pass short right intended for M.Evans INTERCEPTED by T.Mathieu (C.Jones) at KC 30. T.Mathieu to KC 30 for no gain (L.Fournette). PENALTY on KC-C.Ward, Defensive Holding, 5 yards, enforced at KC 32 - No Play.

4th & 5 at KC 22
(6:15 - 2nd) R.Succop 40 yard field goal is GOOD, NULLIFIED by Penalty, Center-Z.Triner, Holder-B.Pinion. PENALTY on KC-M.Hardman, Defensive Offside, 5 yards, enforced at KC 22 - No Play.

1st & 10 at TB 42
(0:24 - 2nd) (No Huddle, Shotgun) T.Brady pass incomplete deep left to M.Evans. PENALTY on KC-B.Breeland, Defensive Pass Interference, 34 yards, enforced at TB 42 - No Play.

1st & Goal at KC 9
(0:13 - 2nd) (Shotgun) T.Brady pass incomplete short middle to M.Evans. PENALTY on KC-T.Mathieu, Defensive Pass Interference, 8 yards, enforced at KC 9 - No Play.
Without video evidence, I have no way of telling whether they were the wrong calls or just unfortunate calls. But I am sure it's just pure bad luck that the worst officiated Super Bowl you've ever seen did not involve a single bad call that benefitted the Chiefs.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

I liked when Mahomes said something to the effect that “we’ve got some big dogs on this team and we know how to win”.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

dolomite wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:10 pm I liked when Mahomes said something to the effect that “we’ve got some big dogs on this team and we know how to win”.
KC stayed composed and made winning plays even when the Baltimore defense adjusted to make it hard for them while Baltimore lost their composure and made losing plays in the form of drops, personal fouls and turnovers.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

twocoach wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:09 pm
pdub wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:06 pm twocoach will loose his shit with this comment but it's also a shame that was the worst officiated Super Bowl i've ever seen.

1st & 10 at TB 40
(3:19 - 1st) J.Haeg reported in as eligible. T.Brady pass incomplete deep left to M.Evans. PENALTY on KC-B.Breeland, Defensive Holding, 5 yards, enforced at TB 40 - No Play.

3rd & 4 at KC 32
(7:55 - 2nd) (Shotgun) T.Brady pass short right intended for M.Evans INTERCEPTED by T.Mathieu (C.Jones) at KC 30. T.Mathieu to KC 30 for no gain (L.Fournette). PENALTY on KC-C.Ward, Defensive Holding, 5 yards, enforced at KC 32 - No Play.

4th & 5 at KC 22
(6:15 - 2nd) R.Succop 40 yard field goal is GOOD, NULLIFIED by Penalty, Center-Z.Triner, Holder-B.Pinion. PENALTY on KC-M.Hardman, Defensive Offside, 5 yards, enforced at KC 22 - No Play.

1st & 10 at TB 42
(0:24 - 2nd) (No Huddle, Shotgun) T.Brady pass incomplete deep left to M.Evans. PENALTY on KC-B.Breeland, Defensive Pass Interference, 34 yards, enforced at TB 42 - No Play.

1st & Goal at KC 9
(0:13 - 2nd) (Shotgun) T.Brady pass incomplete short middle to M.Evans. PENALTY on KC-T.Mathieu, Defensive Pass Interference, 8 yards, enforced at KC 9 - No Play.
Without video evidence, I have no way of telling whether they were the wrong calls or just unfortunate calls. But I am sure it's just pure bad luck that the worst officiated Super Bowl you've ever seen did not involve a single bad call that benefitted the Chiefs.
Wonder if twocoach even watched that game or just has a bad memory.
The articles the next day were largely about the officiating.
Even the Pats fans here, who love Brady and hate the Chiefs, were apologetic about how poorly it was officiated.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The First Half of that Tampa SB was the most penalized in SB History and pretty much robbed the suspense. After killing their bodies for so many games, to have bad refs in the biggest game was a travesty. People rightly looked at KC's depleted O-Line, but the penalties were the real killer. That sequence was brutal PDub put up.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

We were unlikely gonna win with that OLine but the officials caused a 14 point swing in the 1st half we couldn't recover from.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/djsiddiqi/ ... 1b28cd9b08
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

1st & 10 at TB 40

3rd & 4 at KC 32

4th & 5 at KC 22

1st & 10 at TB 42

1st & Goal at KC 9

Your wish is my command.....

https://www.tokyvideo.com/video/tampa-b ... er-bowl-56

3:19 in the 1st. Romo - "This team likes to hold a little bit". "You can see that's a penalty over and over again". "Ward right there doing the same thing".

7:55 in the 2nd. Romo - "And he just holds him right there and that's going to get called. Look at the hands. It's just too aggressive".

6:15 in the 2nd. TWO guys were lined up offsides. Romo - "Could be both of them".

0:24 in the 2nd. Romo - "Gene, is that a penalty?" Steratore - "It's a foul Tony".

0:13 in the 2nd. Romo - "I'm going to go out on a limb and say that's uncatchable but, I think that's still a penalty down there. Pass interference".
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Romo was bonetown for Brady.

Here's Chris Simms:

https://twitter.com/CSimmsQB/status/1358577342453547012

https://twitter.com/CSimmsQB/status/1358585463800553473

https://twitter.com/maxkellerman/status ... 1813234688

https://twitter.com/jasonrmcintyre/stat ... 6763777025

Tony himself at half, "it'd be a closer game if not for all the penalties".

0:24 in the 2nd. Romo - "...don't think it was catchable...that's a tough call I think..."

7:55 in the 2nd. Romo - "And he just holds him right there and that's going to get called. Look at the hands. It's just too aggressive".

Go back and watch that clip and say that's pass interference on Ward.
Ward gets shoved off the ball.
LOLzable.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:18 pm

1st & 10 at TB 40

3rd & 4 at KC 32

4th & 5 at KC 22

1st & 10 at TB 42

1st & Goal at KC 9
Wonder if twocoach even watched that game or just has a bad memory.
The articles the next day were largely about the officiating.
Even the Pats fans here, who love Brady and hate the Chiefs, were apologetic about how poorly it was officiated.
I assume you did not type all the details of your post from memory. No, I don't really recall that there were a lot of penalties in that game because I don't stress about the refs. Not surprising that the other "the refs suck" guy has a list of grievances from that game he can recite on the fly, too. It's like talking Big 12 hoops with Iowa State fans. "What about that dead ball three after the improperly reffed free throw 20+ years ago..."

Like I said, some people are wired to get hung up on the refs and all things they do to slight their team. Every fan base has them as we see after every Chiefs/KU win so I guess it's not that weird. I have some of it but not nearly to your extent or that of Sparko. So it goes.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:04 pm Romo was bonetown for Brady.

Here's Chris Simms:

https://twitter.com/CSimmsQB/status/1358577342453547012

https://twitter.com/CSimmsQB/status/1358585463800553473

https://twitter.com/maxkellerman/status ... 1813234688

https://twitter.com/jasonrmcintyre/stat ... 6763777025

Tony himself at half, "it'd be a closer game if not for all the penalties".

0:24 in the 2nd. Romo - "...don't think it was catchable...that's a tough call I think..."

Go back and watch that clip and say that's pass interference on Ward.
Ward gets shoved off the ball.
LOLzable.
I like that when Romo makes a million inaccurate statements about calls that don't favor KC that we all call him out for his typical inaccuracy (you can buy a "shut up Tony Romo" shirt here he's so famous for his inaccurate blabbering: https://ahoged.com/red-tribe-cinema-shu ... z0QAvD_BwE) but when he calls them out in favor of KC then he's proof that you're right.

I don't feel like going back and watching the lowlights of one of the rare postseason games where KC didn't win so I am just gonna keep scrolling through twitter to enjoy the salty tears of all the Ravens fans who think their team got screwed because they were the only team who had what they believed to be bad calls go against them while ignoring the bad/no calls that went in their favor. Good luck arguing with the next passing cloud.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I did not type them from memory but very much remember the bullshit Ward PI that negated an interception and the two uncatchable pass interferences that kept another drive going - which all in all led to 14 points for Brady in the first half.

You tell me that was PI on Ward then I don't know if I can help you.

I still don't think we had the guys up front to stop what was TB's greatest strength after our line was depleted but the fact the officials completely changed the game is not up for debate.

It was a huge game on the biggest stage -- it's not like some random conference BB game in February so your ISU comparison isn't a good one.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Bummer that we didn't win that game. I hope we win the one coming up in two weeks. Mahomes was on a serious heater that first half yesterday and was so fun to watch. I am hoping that if we can get up on the Niners that our defense can make it stand unlike Detroit.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

twocoach wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:39 am
jfish26 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:01 am
pdub wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:59 am Yep.

Knock on wood but where would Mahomes rank if he wins in two Sundays from now in terms of QB's in NFL history?
In gross terms, third. He'd trail only Brady and Montana in playoff wins, and Super Bowls.

In REAL terms...I'd say second (with only Brady to go).
Agree on all counts. Mahomes needs to win this one to stay on Brady's pace. Man, a win vs. Brady and TB could have really changed some things historically. A shame the entire KC OL had to be injured at the same time.
I blame Hill and other Chiefs receivers for taunting the bucs during what should have been a blowout regular season game. In fact, it just pissed them off. Plus our O line was decimated. Throw in the drunk assistant coach maiming a kid a week before the SB and you have a terrible situation. At that point, I didn't think we deserved to win.
Defense. Rebounds.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

99 is absolutely right. There was embarrassment all around. Kind of pride goeth before the fall stuff
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

Makes it all the more impressive that he can throw as far as he does and run as fast as he does with no muscle tone.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I felt similar at the time.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Seemed like a reach. But oh my. Finest hour.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/patrick- ... arge-texas

"Pat Mahomes Sr., the father of the Kansas City Chiefs quarterback, was arrested in Texas Sunday for driving while intoxicated for the third time or more, online records showed."

Mahomes' family certainly does not have their shit together.