Kansas v Kentucky Official Gamethread

Kansas Basketball.
hasbeen

Re: Kansas v Kentucky Official Gamethread

Post by hasbeen »

Watching Harris tonight made me think of a few days ago when I read the worst two posters on this site claim he had a pivotal assist to OA on the game tying three vs Tech. It was essentially a hand-off lmao.
"So, which one of these topics are conspiracy?

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone."

- lobser
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

randylahey wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:04 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:03 pm
sdoyel wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:58 pm Yesufu can’t get out of his own way.
Maybe just another Charlie Moore.
I mean you sit 37 minutes watching your team get absolutely worked. Who would even want to go in at that point
Then i wish he would have antonio browned us and saved us the weekly debate. He's behind DH and Bobby already...and who knows who will be coming in the next 2 years.

I sort think he will transfer after this year tbh.
ArgentineHawk

Post by ArgentineHawk »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:10 pm What percentage falls under Self and players.

I think it’s 60% Self and 40% players.

Self has not adjusted to this team well, at all.
65% Self and 35% players

He’s the coach, I feel like he’s not coached very well the last 2 seasons. He’s had a few games here and there where’s he’s coached really well, but tonight was what’s happened to this team last season when we’ve played really long and athletic teams.
Deleted User 863

hasbeen wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:14 pm Watching Harris tonight made me think of a few days ago when I read the worst two posters on this site claim he had a pivotal assist to OA on the game tying three vs Tech. It was essentially a hand-off lmao.
🤣🤣🤣

It was a "pivotal assist". No way around it.

I love that saying it bothers some of you because you're cheering against him so hard.

Same kind of fans who leave with 5min to go.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

This team is 3 missed shots away from being 0'fer in the last 4.
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:16 pm
hasbeen wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:14 pm Watching Harris tonight made me think of a few days ago when I read the worst two posters on this site claim he had a pivotal assist to OA on the game tying three vs Tech. It was essentially a hand-off lmao.
🤣🤣🤣

It was a "pivotal assist". No way around it.

I love that saying it bothers some of you because you're cheering against him so hard.

Same kind of fans who leave with 5min to go.
Be less old. Big AARP energy that you're still talking about fans leaving a basketball game early.

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone."

- lobser
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Tonight our best player shot 4-14.
Our 2nd best player in conference shot 3-10.
7-24 is not good.
Deleted User 863

ArgentineHawk wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:15 pm
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:10 pm What percentage falls under Self and players.

65% Self and 35% players

He’s the coach, I feel like he’s not coached very well the last 2 seasons. He’s had a few games here and there where’s he’s coached really well, but tonight was what’s happened to this team last season when we’ve played really long and athletic teams.
I think it's been recruiting WAY more than coaching.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I mean, don't leave a KU basketball game early at AFH.
Deleted User 863

pdub wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:17 pm Tonight our best player shot 4-14.
Our 2nd best player in conference shot 3-10.
7-24 is not good.
I put this loss on them as much as anything. Och was so passive the first 15min. He should have taken 25 shots tonight and gone down swinging.
Last edited by Deleted User 863 on Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

It’s unbelievable man.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I put this loss on all of the team.
No one was good.
Kentucky was better.
thebones

Post by thebones »

Last weekend ku wins a close one. The next day so do the Chiefs.

Today ku gets finger banged, and it stands to reason so will the Chiefs tomorrow.

I don't get sports sometimes
ArgentineHawk

Post by ArgentineHawk »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:18 pm
ArgentineHawk wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:15 pm

65% Self and 35% players

I think it's been recruiting WAY more than coaching.
Who picks the players?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Win the next 2 games, we A OK.
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

I actually agree with AARP about Self. I think his coaching is fine, but he has been dreadful at roster construction a few years in a row. Everyone's patience would be in tact had he not been robbed in 2020, but he was, so there's less patience.

Remy does not play defense. He's also not a super efficient player, never has been. He needs the ball in his hands and he needs to be able to work through TOs. That's not Self's style. But he knew all of these things when he went and got Remy. With the new transfer rules, it should be easier for a coach to build a roster and lineup that fits together and plays his style. He's failed there.

We've got legit talent coming in next year. That'll help, but only if they're allowed to play through mistakes.

- lobser
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:14 pm
randylahey wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:04 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:03 pm

Maybe just another Charlie Moore.
I mean you sit 37 minutes watching your team get absolutely worked. Who would even want to go in at that point
Then i wish he would have antonio browned us and saved us the weekly debate. He's behind DH and Bobby already...and who knows who will be coming in the next 2 years.

I sort think he will transfer after this year tbh.
I would transfer too. Dajuan is awful and we all know it. Why would yesefu play for a coach who's gonna sit him behind a guy like that.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

hasbeen wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:22 pm I actually agree with AARP about Self. I think his coaching is fine, but he has been dreadful at roster construction a few years in a row. Everyone's patience would be in tact had he not been robbed in 2020, but he was, so there's less patience.

Remy does not play defense. He's also not a super efficient player, never has been. He needs the ball in his hands and he needs to be able to work through TOs. That's not Self's style. But he knew all of these things when he went and got Remy. With the new transfer rules, it should be easier for a coach to build a roster and lineup that fits together and plays his style. He's failed there.

We've got legit talent coming in next year. That'll help, but only if they're allowed to play through mistakes.
Agreed, but that’s just not Self’s style.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

hasbeen wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:22 pm I actually agree with AARP about Self. I think his coaching is fine, but he has been dreadful at roster construction a few years in a row. Everyone's patience would be in tact had he not been robbed in 2020, but he was, so there's less patience.

Self recruited Remy for one season and knew what he was getting.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

Let's hope those freshman are ready to ball-out from the jump.