Kansas v Kentucky Official Gamethread

Kansas Basketball.
holidaysmore

Re: Kansas v Kentucky Official Gamethread

Post by holidaysmore »

Braun, feasted on a weak non-con schedule and once he got into conference he turned right back into ‘passive’ Braun from last year.
Homie, put in all that work with that local trainer to be the same player he was last year.
Holidaysmore - 2005
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

holidaysmore wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:39 am Braun, feasted on a weak non-con schedule and once he got into conference he turned right back into ‘passive’ Braun from last year.
Homie, put in all that work with that local trainer to be the same player he was last year.
I disagree - he missed a lot of twos yesterday that he made earlier. That’s ok. But he needs to have a much quicker trigger from deep.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

jfish26 wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:40 am
holidaysmore wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:39 am Braun, feasted on a weak non-con schedule and once he got into conference he turned right back into ‘passive’ Braun from last year.
I disagree - he missed a lot of twos yesterday that he made earlier. That’s ok. But he needs to have a much quicker trigger from deep.
Self multiple times told him to shoot it on first touch. The thing with CB is that sometimes his shot takes a while to develop. He’s a great athlete, but he’s a really good shooter too. He’s just got to let it fly.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

jfish26 wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:40 am
somewhat agree, somewhat dont. he did feast on a weak non con. our schedule isnt soft anymore so he isn't going to look as dominant as he did in december. but I still think he has greatly improved from last season. hitting some shots again will help
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

sdoyel wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:35 am Self loaded up on transfers and he doesn’t play any of them. Not a good sign for now or the future. Why would I come play for self as a transfer if he shows this much blind loyalty to his own guys?
I've been thinking that too. malik newman and Isaiah moss have been some of our better transfer situations, but self had short leashes with them early on as well and only played them because he HAD too, they were brought in cause of a lack of depth. but self is a bit of a control freak, if you aren't playing exactly how he wants within his system then you are on a short leash and are getting pulled out. on one hand hes won a lot of games that way, but it tends to take guys a few seasons to get a good feel for exactly what is expected from them. which is why he always has favored upperclassman or his guys
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

One off game. Och had COVID.

(this is what I am telling myself)