Tom Brady

Kansas Football.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Tom Brady

Post by pdub »

Also, regarding whether his run is over.
If you were a top 3 QB of the league, would you consider your run over?
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

pdub wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:06 pm Also, regarding whether his run is over.
I'd take a look at someone like Brett Favre, who failed to exit gracefully and diminished his career in the process, and someone like Barry Sanders, who went out while things were still good and left people wanting more, and I'd err on the side of being like Sanders.

But that's just me.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I think Brady is different from both those examples.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

I bet JK likes Sanders because of the “hand the ball to the ref” thing.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

pdub wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:25 pm I think Brady is different from both those examples.
Maybe. But things at that level can change on a dime.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

pdub wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:04 pm Is he an attention whore?
Maybe I'm outta the loop.

Rodgers and Mahomes seem to be in all the ads.
Maybe prima donna is a better way of saying what I think. I don't respect people who are constantly raging at their teammates, coaches, officials, and opposing coaches when things don't go their way. One can be competitive without being a whiny baby, and Brady is a habitual line-stepper.

Peyton Manning was the same way. He cultivated this "Aw shucks" good old boy attitue, but when he was mic'ed up for games, he was cussing people out and blaming teammates and coaches left and right. I'd like to see less of that in sports.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Somewhat fair.
I do think Brady is a whiny bitch when it comes to officials.
And he had gotten his way for a very long time.

But hes not an attention whore off the field.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

pdub wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:35 pm Somewhat fair.
I do think Brady is a whiny bitch when it comes to officials.
And he had gotten his way for a very long time.

But hes not an attention whore off the field.
I stand corrected. My bad for poor choice of words.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

JKLivin wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:14 pm
I'd take a look at someone like Brett Favre, who failed to exit gracefully and diminished his career in the process, and someone like Barry Sanders, who went out while things were still good and left people wanting more, and I'd err on the side of being like Sanders.

But that's just me.
Do you realize a lot of the time you have no idea what the fuck you are talking about?
Favre was an All-Pro on a 12-4 team his 2nd to last season. 33 TD and 7 INT.
I believe the best completion percentage and best Quarterback ratting of his career.
Took his team to the NFC Championship. Was an All-Pro the 2 seasons before that.
How exactly did that "diminish his career"?
Last edited by RainbowsandUnicorns on Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

Charlie Weis made Brady the QB who he was.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:43 pm

But that's just me.
Do you realize a lot of the time you have no idea what the fuck you are talking about?
Took his team to the NFC Championship. Was an All-Pro the 2 seasons before that.
Tearfully retiring from the Packers and then trying to come back, causing dissention on a team trying to adjust to a new QB, then going to the Jets and the Packers' archnemeses, the Vikings. Even he later admitted that it was not a classy way to go out and apologized to the Packers. Numbers aren't the whole story.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I think when Brady retires, he will retire and that will be the end.

I'd like to see him play more because I think hes a cyborg and would like to see a Mahomes Brady playoff rematch.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

JKLivin wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:47 pm

But that's just me.
Tearfully retiring from the Packers and then trying to come back, causing dissention on a team trying to adjust to a new QB, then going to the Jets and the Packers' archnemeses, the Vikings. Even he later admitted that it was not a classy way to go out and apologized to the Packers. Numbers aren't the whole story.
My mistake.
We weren't on the same page - I was only focusing on the end of his career.
You are 100% right and I stand corrected. Obviously I rushed to judgment in regards to your post.
I also owe you an apology for what I said at the beginning of my post. Sorry about that.

Enough about football for now. I have a Basketball game to concentrate on.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Jesus.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

pdub wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:20 pmJesus.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:09 pm
JKLivin wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:47 pm

My mistake.
We weren't on the same page - I was only focusing on the end of his career.
You are 100% right and I stand corrected. Obviously I rushed to judgment in regards to your post.
I also owe you an apology for what I said at the beginning of my post. Sorry about that.

Enough about football for now. I have a Basketball game to concentrate on.
It’s all good. It’s not the meanest thing that’s been said to me today by any means. And I appreciate the civility.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Brady thanks everyone including me and Newton, but not the Pats or anyone associated.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Sparko wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:31 pm We are in the era of great quarterbacks now. Burrow tomorrow. The Dilfer-Rivers-Manning-Brady era is over.
The hilarious part of this is that Brady was a Hall of Famer 3 times over and won Super Bowls in 3 different decades. He also, this year, had an MVP caliber season leading the league in both yards and TD's.

Talk about bitter.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Rigged game, not bitter. Brady played in a joke of a division and everything always seemed to break right for him. The Patriots cheated repeatedly. Then there was the tuck rule that gifted him one superbowl. A knuckle offsides another. A one yard interception. A decimated OL last year. He has average tools, mental accuity, and a lot of media forgiveness. It was an era he and Manning dominated against the likes of Dilfer and Rodgers.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

So much bitterness. Tuck rule--that rookie QB that got benched a week later got all the star calls!

When you beat virtually every QB over 22 seasons, it's not a single "era."

I understand it would have been a great storyline for your Mahomes to slay Brady on his way out when he was in his 40's, but he just couldn't do it.