Official Gamethread @ Iowa State

Kansas Basketball.
pflynnku

Re: Official Gamethread @ Iowa State

Post by pflynnku »

Great, smart 2nd half. From 17 TO's in 1st half to only 4 in 2nd half. Dave great on both ends after early unforced TO's. Playing to his potential tonight. Wilson's 2nd half makes up for poor 1st half. Harris and Yesufu good job at point. Oops, spoke to soon about only 4 TO's.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

InfiniteJ wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:54 pm From POS to player of the game.
yep. hes got a lot of heart and plays smart. still think he is slow and not very talented. but its a lot easier for a guy like that to match up against iowa state than those lightning quick guards at kentucky. you guys blew the POS comment out of proportion by the way. some people cuss like sailors, didnt realize it was a politically correct message board. in no way did I ever think dajuan is a pos, in case there is any confusion there lol. just gets frustrating watching him play so much with his lack of natural ability. but hes a good kid, glad to have him at KU, just not thrilled about him playing 30+ mpg on this team. other more talented options.

but here's to dajuan, he played a very nice game tonight. we were short handed and needed it.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

It's kind of awesome seeing dajuan and dave mccormack bail us out tonight when we were short handed.. those 2 are the two most criticized jayhawks
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pflynnku wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:56 pm Great, smart 2nd half. From 17 TO's in 1st half to only 4 in 2nd half. Dave great on both ends after early unforced TO's. Playing to his potential tonight. Wilson's 2nd half makes up for poor 1st half. Harris and Yesufu good job at point. Oops, spoke to soon about only 4 TO's.
And several of the 2nd half turnovers were in the last few minutes where ISU went full court trying to avoid the inevitable. Awesome 2nd half by KU.
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:13 pm
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:11 pm CB and Dave have been good. Dajuan too.
If we'd clean it up, this is pretty close to how we should play Dave. He does very well in the uptempo style.
This is interesting.

Instead of slowing it down so he’s thinking, speed it up so he’s reacting.
“Qusdahl ISNT wrong.” - PDub 1/28

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

Now a DMac belieber

for now, anyway
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

Self 106-15 after loosing.
“Qusdahl ISNT wrong.” - PDub 1/28

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

DMac was pretty awesome. But really the team played very loose and together in the second half.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

We looked like a completely different team in the second half the way we took care of the basketball.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

We looked like a completely different team in the second half the way we took care of the basketball.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Sparko wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:18 pm DMac was pretty awesome. But really the team played very loose and together in the second half.
Good match up for KU, especially for Harris and DMac. ISU's main big man is a poor man's Mitch Lightfoot. Their PG is a talented but limited freshman who is a good defender but below average scorer, the perfect match up for Harris.

Still, Kansas had to have a high number of different players have + rated games to overcome the loss of Agbaji and they did. All six guys who played double digit minutes had a games that you'd rate as better than their average game..
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Missed most of the game. Rewatching it now.

My goodness. How bad was Mitch in the first half?!
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

PhDhawk wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:23 pm We looked like a completely different team in the second half the way we took care of the basketball.
Team turned it over 47% of the time in the first half. Highest Self has had at Kansas is like 33%. That was the first thing he talked about is how ugly that first half was. They didn’t do anything well on the offensive side of the ball.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Qusdahl wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:23 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:13 pm
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:11 pm CB and Dave have been good. Dajuan too.
If we'd clean it up, this is pretty close to how we should play Dave. He does very well in the uptempo style.
This is interesting.

Instead of slowing it down so he’s thinking, speed it up so he’s reacting.
Iowa State missed a shit ton of shots, and we out rebounded them by 11...much easier to get out and run when you're getting stops and defensive rebounds.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I do think Iowa State is coached up.
They have a top 20 defense.
( Kenpom has em 6th ).

That's a 8/9 seed on the road without Ochai and Remy. A plus win.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

PhDhawk wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:23 pm We looked like a completely different team in the second half the way we took care of the basketball.
You can say that again.
Defense. Rebounds.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ChalkRocker wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:24 pm Now a DMac belieber

for now, anyway
He always does well in good match ups and ISU was one of the best match ups left on the schedule. Jones, Kunc and Conditt are the only bigs for ISU and they are a generous 6'8"-6'9" with mediocre wingspan and skill. The three combined for 2 points on 1-7 fg with just 5 rebounds in 47 minutes. DMac feasted on those weaklings.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I’ll say it again, I’m not sure how ISU is ranked. From a talent perspective, they seem like they could be the worst in the league.

How disappointing has Enaruna been?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Kenpom has em 26.
I agree they shouldn't be ranked ( thankfully we got to play them when they were ) but I still think they are a NCAA tourney caliber team.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

They were also really cold from the floor last night too. 41% from the floor and 22% from 3.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG