Let’s have a war!

Ugh.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: Let’s have a war!

Post by KUTradition »

“The only question that politicians care about is who is in the hot seat when it happens.”

based on posts here, that seems to be the only thing YOU and mich care about
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Cheap money is controlled by the fed. They fell asleep at the wheel positing that inflation was very temporary. It was wrong then and it's wrong now. They didn't do their one fucking job.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Mjl wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:50 am Cheap money is controlled by the fed. They fell asleep at the wheel positing that inflation was very temporary. It was wrong then and it's wrong now. They didn't do their one fucking job.
We agree on that point.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:42 am “The only question that politicians care about is who is in the hot seat when it happens.”

I don’t care whose fault it is. I just wish we as an electorate would hold them accountable for screwing us over again and again.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

and on that note, Jerome Powell seems to be the one who would bear the lion’s share of responsibility

i can’t for the life of me understand why Biden would put a republican in charge of the fed…oh, wait…nevermind
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

JKLivin wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:56 am
KUTradition wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:42 am “The only question that politicians care about is who is in the hot seat when it happens.”

I don’t care whose fault it is. I just wish we as an electorate would hold them accountable for screwing us over again and again.
bullshit

or, did you forget what you posted earlier in this thread?
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:57 am
JKLivin wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:56 am

bullshit

or, did you forget what you posted earlier in this thread?
Meh. Acknowledging that the Captain of the sinking ship has an obligation to do something about it is not the same as saying the Captain is the cause of the ship taking on water.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

JKLivin wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:30 am Build a time machine and go back to before the idiot in charge started pumping the economy full of free money borrowed from the Chinese.
:lol:
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

uncle joe is sitting in the big boy chair. he gets the praise when it's going good. he gets the blame when it ain't.

that's how the big boy chair works. he wanted it.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

glad to see your copy and paste function is still working, mich
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

JKLivin wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:01 am
japhy wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:34 am
JKLivin wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:29 pm

Inflation will eventually sink the boat.
Sounds like somebody got on the wrong boat.
I'd say the whole country did by getting on the Biden Boat. But that's just my opinion.
Sir Richard Branson went to space last summer, I seen it myself. Bezos is building the world's biggest super yacht. Overlander can't keep enough super yachts on the shelves to supply all the super yacht buyers. After meeting with my financial planner last week I decided I will retire a year earlier than planned. I would say a lot of boats were lifted by the rising tide over the course of the last 1 1/2 years. And frankly I don't see that change for us in the near future.

But you make a legitimate point, the whole country isn't doing as well.

The one thing that trickles down happiness to everyone and lifts all boats is tax cuts. We could start with getting rid of capitol gains taxes. That would be awesome. By taxing capital gains, we are disincentivizing the wealthy towards making capital gains. And if they don't provide us with capital gains, who will?

And estate taxes, we should get rid of those as well. Do you realize that if my daughters inherit more than $12M each, they have to pay taxes on that. How are we supposed to help our children build generational wealth if the feds take it away?

And I think both of these will reduce inflation. Let's give it a shot. What have we got to lose?
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:09 pm
JKLivin wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:30 am Build a time machine and go back to before the idiot in charge started pumping the economy full of free money borrowed from the Chinese.
:lol:
Well, since Brandon is by no means the first to adopt that strategy, I guess I'm not sure what your point is. My point is that he has the power to stop, but for some reason, won't.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

This is good news, right? I mean, evidence that Brandon's doing a heckuva job?

https://www.studyfinds.org/living-paycheck-to-paycheck/

"In these tough financial times, a new study finds it’s getting harder and harder for people to save any of their money. In fact, seven in 10 Americans say they’re living paycheck to paycheck."
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

a good % of people live outside their means. always have. always will. this is not reflective of who's in the big chair.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Nope, I have it on good authority that everything is the fault of the man in the big chair.
Defense. Rebounds.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

Brandon has been ruining our economy since 2019. Damn him!

78% Of Workers Live Paycheck To Paycheck

https://www.forbes.com/sites/zackfriedm ... bf89774f10
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

when we are starting out as a young married couple. when we are starting out as a young family. we live paycheck to paycheck. that's the way it goes. i remember those times as the best of times. we were poor but we didn't know it.

work hard. stay off the booze. stay off the drugs. don't gamble your paycheck away. work hard.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:44 pm when we are starting out as a young married couple. when we are starting out as a young family. we live paycheck to paycheck. that's the way it goes. i remember those times as the best of times. we were poor but we didn't know it.

work hard. stay off the booze. stay off the drugs. don't gamble your paycheck away. work hard.
Unless there's COVID. Then, skip work, claim to be sick, and go screw off all over the place. Then whine about how you can't get promoted or advance in your career.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

they are on the drugs and the drink and gambling on the smartphone. quit the job in protest with the great resign. and then they blame everyone else.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:44 pm when we are starting out as a young married couple. when we are starting out as a young family. we live paycheck to paycheck. that's the way it goes. i remember those times as the best of times. we were poor but we didn't know it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cp7_u0kcQRo
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.