Let’s have a war!

Ugh.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: Let’s have a war!

Post by KUTradition »

it’s days like today that affirm for me that mich is more ignorant dumbass than troll
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:18 pm it’s days like today that affirm for me that mich is more ignorant dumbass than troll
Never been in question for me
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:36 pm
MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:29 pm they know we will protect them when the going gets tough. so they don't have to spend on their military.

they can spend their money on cool stuff like infrastructure and climate change and solving the homeless problem and taking care of their veterans and border security. the important stuff to them.
Like I said, in my opinion it's still an excellent deal for us. I do not think we would much enjoy the economic reality of what things would look like here in the case there is a World War 3 in Europe.
At the very least, that Raytheon stock might look extra handsome
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

japhy wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:24 pm We have really made some progress my friends.

I for one, would just like to say that I feel like this thread has really blossomed since its start 2 plus years ago. So much growth and insight....we know A Perfect Circle's version of this this thread's namesake song sucks ass when compared to the original by Fear.
Good post Japhy! I keep coming back to this. More specifically, I keep coming back to this cuz it keeps me wondering:

what HAS progressed?

in 2 years now, the only movement this has really seen is:

- the number next to the dollar sign on the aid-to-Ukraine receipts only keeps getting bigger

- Russia keeps gaining control of more and more of Ukraine anyway

it sucks! I wish something was different! I was our strategy seemed to be, you know, working.

I have this awful fear that we, the U.S. taxpayers, are gonna end up hundreds of bajillions of dollars in the hole on Ukraine, only to see Russia take Ukraine anyway; and/or this ends in WW3, which I'm afraid no one wins.

there's gotta be some other outcome, right!

...right?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

okay, and I guess if we zoom out of Eastern Europe...we also got wallet-deep in another proxy "war" yet in the Middle East, while also trying out damnedest to make another another proxy war yet happen in Southeast Asia...among all the other conflicts going on that no one gives a shit about
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

oh, one other thing:

the irony of that Fear song still remains completely lost on Japhy
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Ousskie: enough with the Russian talking points. You sound like Hannity and Comer.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Good point sparko, that’s another lack of progress yet.

Any attempts to discuss the objective reality of the situation continues to be knee-jerk dismissed as bad guy propaganda.

No need to get pragmatic now, better stay principled instead!
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:28 am the irony of that Fear song still remains completely lost on Japhy
Don't give up on me yet, I might still benefit from your counsel.

But in the meantime how bout some more dance music!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DztRkVKU5M
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Kill the Poor? Now THAT makes me miss
OG Qusdahl.

Not even the Qusdahl who expressed concern about the WMDs-in-Iraq style rhetoric once the Ukraine/russia conflict boiled over.

But the Qusdahl who was a parody of himself, some silver spoon business bro whose daddy got him a cushy c-suite corner office gig that involved little more than shitting on the baristas at the coffee shop down on the main floor
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Heck, remember when Japhy was a parody of himself, no empires or punk songs just a a proud libertarian conservative bro offering up a bunch of Fox News parroting and run on sentences and no one knew who he was except for his loyal fishing guide #MAGA
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

I do not identify as a libertarian.

I am a sigma male, Annie told me so.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i remember when q was just ousie, and made this board more enjoyable

those were the days…
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Honestly, I respond better to these sorts of posts.

It’s the Putin parrot labeling that gets under my skin, and makes me feel like I gotta defend myself of some dumb shit.

Here’s to making the bored more enjoyable.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:41 pm Here’s to making the bored more enjoyable.
Are you finally going to take a break from posting about things you don't understand? It's worked for me.

Maybe just stick to your usual things like asking for advice on how to load the dishwasher and/or made up stories about girls at the bar.

Quit trying to prove how enlightened you are.

And for goodness sake, please stop doing everything you can to talk bad about certain Jayhawk basketball players. It seems to be another topic you don't understand very well.

But seriously, let someone else "have the keys to the Ferrari" when it comes to politics and foreign policy. It's just not your thing. You've proven it for nearly a half a decade now (consecutively).
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

WashPo:

Two years after Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, countries such as the Baltic states and Finland warn that a threat to their own territory may be just over the horizon, with some intelligence agencies saying the Kremlin could make such an attempt within a decade…

yep, just like those “other” wars that some like to bring up all too frequently

… Policymakers in all three Baltic nations — Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia — have had conversations in recent weeks about whether to pull out of the international convention that bans anti-personnel mines. For now, each has opted against it, but all are investing in antitank mines and other munitions that are less hazardous to civilians. It is a striking development in nations whose forests and fields still sometimes disgorge unexploded shells and ordnance from heavy fighting during World War I and World War II.
“We can expect that within the next decade, NATO will face a Soviet-style mass army that, while technologically inferior to the allies, poses a significant threat due to its size, firepower and reserves,” the director general of the Estonian Foreign Intelligence Service, Kaupo Rosin, wrote as part of an annual intelligence assessment released this month.

Finland, which has had a separate domestic conversation about land mines, significantly extended NATO’s border with Russia when it joined the alliance last year. Driven by security concerns along its 832-mile Russian frontier, Finland signed up for the anti-personnel land mine treaty more than a decade after most countries, and it finished destroying its stockpiles only in 2015. Many policymakers have questioned the decision in the past, including president-elect Alexander Stubb, although the country has no current plans to pull out of the convention…
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:17 pm WashPo:

Two years after Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, countries such as the Baltic states and Finland warn that a threat to their own territory may be just over the horizon, with some intelligence agencies saying the Kremlin could make such an attempt within a decade…

yep, just like those “other” wars that some like to bring up all too frequently

… Policymakers in all three Baltic nations — Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia — have had conversations in recent weeks about whether to pull out of the international convention that bans anti-personnel mines. For now, each has opted against it, but all are investing in antitank mines and other munitions that are less hazardous to civilians. It is a striking development in nations whose forests and fields still sometimes disgorge unexploded shells and ordnance from heavy fighting during World War I and World War II.
“We can expect that within the next decade, NATO will face a Soviet-style mass army that, while technologically inferior to the allies, poses a significant threat due to its size, firepower and reserves,” the director general of the Estonian Foreign Intelligence Service, Kaupo Rosin, wrote as part of an annual intelligence assessment released this month.

Finland, which has had a separate domestic conversation about land mines, significantly extended NATO’s border with Russia when it joined the alliance last year. Driven by security concerns along its 832-mile Russian frontier, Finland signed up for the anti-personnel land mine treaty more than a decade after most countries, and it finished destroying its stockpiles only in 2015. Many policymakers have questioned the decision in the past, including president-elect Alexander Stubb, although the country has no current plans to pull out of the convention…
This is the good example of the sort of incremental shit that can happen if international rules-based order breaks down…and for better or worse a reliable United States is THE linchpin in that order.

And it is my opinion that we GET (in so many ways) a hell of a lot more than we GIVE by being that linchpin.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

my opinion as well
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Where the fuck is Q?

If ever there was a day for him to strut and crow...this is it.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:15 pm Where the fuck is Q?

If ever there was a day for him to strut and crow...this is it.
You referring to the imperialist West's further provocation of Putin's just war?

I mean, Sweden joining NATO?