Let’s have a war!

Ugh.
ousdahl

Re: Let’s have a war!

Post by ousdahl »

CoyDC’s back!

has Biden rammed thru any EOs and below-the-threshold-to-get-congress-involved sorts of weapons deals for Ukraine like he has for Israel?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

doesn't Israel have like the best air defense system in the world...the iron dome? did we really do much there? I also know Jordan and Egypt stepped in to assist. Should they not have?
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I mean, isn’t much of the iron dome due to the fact U.S. forces are stationed all over the Middle East just like they are the Ukrainian border…or is the Ukrainian border more just the CIA shadow war outposts? Hard to keep track.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

And wasn’t Iran’s strike mostly performative…I mean how often does a target get several hours notice
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

TDub wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:19 am doesn't Israel have like the best air defense system in the world...the iron dome? did we really do much there? I also know Jordan and Egypt stepped in to assist. Should they not have?
are you intentionally giving him rope?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

color me shocked that q doesn’t know what the iron dome is

edit: wikipedia can be shit source, but at least it’s something…at least it’ll provide the appearance of trying to be informed on a subject before wading into it
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:17 am CoyDC’s back!

has Biden rammed thru any EOs and below-the-threshold-to-get-congress-involved sorts of weapons deals for Ukraine like he has for Israel?
To the extent I'm being coy it's because maybe this is the sort of thing where you need to arrive at the conclusion yourself, to really see and accept reality vis a vis Putin/Russia/Ukraine/us.

There is a relationship between Putin's bullshit pretext, the adoption and amplification of that bullshit pretext, the opposition to and stalling of our support for Ukraine and Putin's improved fortunes in Ukraine.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

no time for that, what with Israel and Taiwan to lump into the mix to muddy the waters
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Bro but it’s our elected leaders who apparently going for the hat trick of proxy wars…not me.

I wonder if the election year has anything to do with it…either in an election year and politicians think it’ll get them brownie points kinda way, and/or in an election year so might as well feed the MIC monkey while we can kinda way.

I think #StandWithTaiwan may be the hardest sell, tho
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:26 am color me shocked that q doesn’t know what the iron dome is

edit: wikipedia can be shit source, but at least it’s something…at least it’ll provide the appearance of trying to be informed on a subject before wading into it
Yea, I know what the iron dome is…it’s when you get a scratchy beej from a chick with braces.

For real tho, I was more trying to compare and contrast the iron dome treatment for Israel with the relative lack thereof for Ukraine.

If we can go for a little nuance and zoom out a little further yet, I’d be curious to hear your and other poster’s thoughts on the whole CIA shadow war thing…

…buuuut since other posters have repeatedly neglected to comment on the whole CIA shadow war thing, I think there’s only one conclusion to draw:

The CIA shadow war in Ukraine against Russia, is less a shadow war, and more about good old fashioned Freedom And Democracy.

Heck, those shadow war outposts might as well be voting booths!

(…voting booths…for…oh let’s say the citizens of like, Jackson, MS.)
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

And we’re right back down the rabbit hole.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:24 am
TDub wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:19 am doesn't Israel have like the best air defense system in the world...the iron dome? did we really do much there? I also know Jordan and Egypt stepped in to assist. Should they not have?
you can't push rope or rope the wind....

but if you leave the rope out there....
Just Ledoux it
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

TDub wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:16 pm
KUTradition wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:24 am
you can't push rope or rope the wind....

but if you leave the rope out there....
Ousdahl’s Razor: the problem-solving principle that recommends searching for explanations constructed with the zaniest possible set of elements.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:07 pm And we’re right back down the rabbit hole.
Ohh…do tell!

(If you think I sound “zaney” for being willing to consider whether details like CIA shadow war sites along the Ukrainian border with Russia are relevant to a Ukrainian conflict with Russia, just imagine how zaney you sound for being so conspicuously UNwilling to consider as much…especially considering that’s hardly the only detail you conveniently avoid here…)
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:21 am I mean, isn’t much of the iron dome due to the fact U.S. forces are stationed all over the Middle East just like they are the Ukrainian border…or is the Ukrainian border more just the CIA shadow war outposts? Hard to keep track.
No. The Iron Dome is a specific set of equipment, software and hardware that is specifically designed to protect a specific area from a specific type of attack from a specific range of distance. It isn't just some concept of security. You really should go do some google searches and learn some more about things instead of just riffing and guessing.

https://www.army-technology.com/projects/iron-dome/
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

US officials said more than 70 drones and three ballistic missiles were intercepted by US Navy ships and military aircraft, without giving details of exactly what defenses were used to bring down the projectiles.

The US Navy shot down at least three ballistic missiles using the Aegis missile defense system aboard two guided-missiles destroyers in the eastern Mediterranean, officials told CNN’s Oren Liebermann at the Pentagon.

US warplanes also shot down Iranian ordnance, Liebermann reported. While it was not revealed from where those US jets operated, there are US Navy aircraft carriers and land-based aircraft well within range of the region.

Biden said in a statement the US was well-prepared to help defend Israel against the Iranian attack.

“To support the defense of Israel, the US military moved aircraft and ballistic missile defense destroyers to the region over the course of the past week,” the US president said in a statement.

“Thanks to these deployments and the extraordinary skill of our servicemembers, we helped Israel take down nearly all of the incoming drones and missiles,” Biden said.

Britain said it was also prepared to intervene using Royal Air Force aircraft it has in the region.

“These UK jets will intercept any airborne attacks within range of our existing missions, as required,” a Defense Ministry statement said.

An Israeli military spokesperson also said France was involved in blocking the Iranian attacks.

“We are working closely with the US, UK and France who acted tonight. This partnership has always been close, but tonight it manifested itself in an unusual way,” the spokesperson said.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2024/04/14/midd ... ntl-hnk-ml
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:39 pm
jfish26 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:07 pm And we’re right back down the rabbit hole.
Ohh…do tell!

(If you think I sound “zaney” for being willing to consider whether details like CIA shadow war sites along the Ukrainian border with Russia are relevant to a Ukrainian conflict with Russia, just imagine how zaney you sound for being so conspicuously UNwilling to consider as much…especially considering that’s hardly the only detail you conveniently avoid here…)
My problem with your approach here is NOT that you want to speculate on fringe matters. The parts of this that ARE in fact gray.

It is that you deny the most basic, fundamental, obvious, core truth about the main issue here, AND (as is a certain person's plan, generally) use speculation on fringe matters to obscure the most basic, fundamental, obvious, core truthabout the main issue here.

If you can't even start from a place of sound reasoning, everything you have to say is just noise.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

What core truth is that, again?

Russia bad Ukraine good Merica best?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:56 pm US officials said more than 70 drones and three ballistic missiles were intercepted by US Navy ships and military aircraft, without giving details of exactly what defenses were used to bring down the projectiles.

The US Navy shot down at least three ballistic missiles using the Aegis missile defense system aboard two guided-missiles destroyers in the eastern Mediterranean, officials told CNN’s Oren Liebermann at the Pentagon.

US warplanes also shot down Iranian ordnance, Liebermann reported. While it was not revealed from where those US jets operated, there are US Navy aircraft carriers and land-based aircraft well within range of the region.

Biden said in a statement the US was well-prepared to help defend Israel against the Iranian attack.

“To support the defense of Israel, the US military moved aircraft and ballistic missile defense destroyers to the region over the course of the past week,” the US president said in a statement.

“Thanks to these deployments and the extraordinary skill of our servicemembers, we helped Israel take down nearly all of the incoming drones and missiles,” Biden said.

Britain said it was also prepared to intervene using Royal Air Force aircraft it has in the region.

“These UK jets will intercept any airborne attacks within range of our existing missions, as required,” a Defense Ministry statement said.

An Israeli military spokesperson also said France was involved in blocking the Iranian attacks.

“We are working closely with the US, UK and France who acted tonight. This partnership has always been close, but tonight it manifested itself in an unusual way,” the spokesperson said.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2024/04/14/midd ... ntl-hnk-ml
And?

Those things are not part of the Iron Dome. The Iron Dome is its own thing. What the US an France did is in addition to what the Iron Dome did. Hence why it said that the US "helped" to defend them.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Fair enough. Excuse me.

I spoke as if the iron dome was some general air defense of Israel, rather than the specific equipment.

So, let’s then compare and contrast with why the U.S. and UK and France aren’t wielding that kind of power on the Ukrainian border.

I don’t mean that out of pure antagonism, either. There are nuances here.