Kansas Basketball.
pdub
Site Admin

Know Yer Pho Baylor

Post by pdub »

Baylor.
8 AP, 3 Kenpom.
19-3.
Wins v 6 Villanova, v Michigan State, @ Oregon.
Losses v 19 Texas Tech, v Oklahoma State, v Bama.

Scott Drew came through with a NCAA title - we can still make fun of him but dude is now a legit coach.

Gone are Jared Butler, MaCio Teague, Davion Mitchell and Mark Vital - the core of that champ squad.

Hello Zona senior transfer James Akinjo, 6'1 guard.
13.6 PPG, 5.6 APG, 36.1% 3FG.

LJ Cryer, 6'1 sophomore guard, leads the Bears in scoring, and is a sharpshooter from distance.
13.9 PPG, 46.7% 3FG.

pdub
Site Admin

Re: Know Yer Pho Baylor

Post by pdub »

Also:

https://claypotwaco.com/

Here's Kate Kim:

This place is VERY GOOD. The Pho broth is exceptional. We will definitely be coming back here. The shrimp is amazing I just wouldn’t get the mango Shrimp rolls. I love Mango and Shrimp but they just don’t simple go together.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Baylor's recruiting has been the difference maker and better assistants.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

I'm not sure why Scott drew was made fun of for as long as he was. He completely resurrected that Baylor program. They've been good for a long time. The last hump he couldn't get over was KU, that's a really high bar
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

It’s still kinda hard to take them/Drew serious.

That whole last season was just so weird.

And it just feels like the Zags who just blew their load on ucla in the semi, was prob the weakest final opponent since like, Butler shooting 17% from the field
“Qusdahl ISNT wrong.” - PDub 1/28

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

According to ESPN BPI, KU has a 57% chance of winning. Really curious on the line. 2 Baylor key players are game time decisions.

They are also having travel issues as well.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

If Och plays, KU -1.5.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Qusdahl wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:51 pm It’s still kinda hard to take them/Drew serious.

And it just feels like the Zags who just blew their load on ucla in the semi, was prob the weakest final opponent since like, Butler shooting 17% from the field
They had that same team the season before and came into Allen fieldhouse and blew KU out. In 2020. When ku was probably the #1 overall seed. Baylor would've been a 1 seed that year too

Baylor has been the best program in basketball over the last 3 seasons. Gonzaga probably second, and Baylor blew them out in the championship

Seems silly to say its hard to take them seriously lol
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:53 pm According to ESPN BPI, KU has a 57% chance of winning. Really curious on the line. 2 Baylor key players are game time decisions.

They are also having travel issues as well.
According to them ku had like a 63% chance of beating kentucky
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

randylahey wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:00 pm
Qusdahl wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:51 pm It’s still kinda hard to take them/Drew serious.

They had that same team the season before and came into Allen fieldhouse and blew KU out. In 2020. When ku was probably the #1 overall seed. Baylor would've been a 1 seed that year too

Baylor has been the best program in basketball over the last 3 seasons. Gonzaga probably second, and Baylor blew them out in the championship

Seems silly to say its hard to take them seriously lol
Meh, that was the game Dotson got hurt. Not many teams can still win down their starting pg.

Then we came back later that season and beat them in their house.
“Qusdahl ISNT wrong.” - PDub 1/28

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Add Baylor/Drew apologist to randy's resume of shame. The most protected poster on the board.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

randylahey wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:00 pm They had that same team the season before and came into Allen fieldhouse and blew KU out. In 2020.
And then Udoka went down to Waco and wrecked their souls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdiBe6MA1x0

Watching the highlights, Dok should have had several and ones, but he's too strong for his own good.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

So ku split the season with them. During one of kus best years in a long time. And it took a really dominant game from kus most dominant player in a long time for us to beat them. During a year when both 2 teams were number 1 seeds and arguably the best 2 teams in all of college basketball.

Then the following year (ku lost key pieces) Baylor returned most their team, was the dominant team in the big 12 and went on to win the national championship in dominant fashion against the other dominant team (Gonzaga) of that 2 year span. And we are arguing whether or not Baylor and Scott drew are good? Are you kidding?

Am I the only sane one on here? Lol surely some of you can see the common sense here
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

If Drew and self were matched up with equal circumstances, I'd pick self to outcoach him x's and o's 9 out of 10 times. But self is one of the best to ever do it. Scott drew has built a hell of a program at Baylor of all places. You'd have to be stupid to not see that
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:09 pm Add Baylor/Drew apologist to randy's resume of shame. The most protected poster on the board.
I'm the Joe rogan of kansascrimson. You can't cancel me because I'm literally just having an open discussion about the truth
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Baylor sucks. Fuck em.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:15 pm Baylor sucks. Fuck em.
This.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Lol. Yall are tooo biased. I agree fuck em but damn they've been on a roll the last few years
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

randylahey wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:56 pm Lol. Yall are tooo biased. I agree fuck em but damn they've been on a roll the last few years
So have the Taliban and COVID-19.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

When we win the B12 outright this year we will have more conference titles in four years in maybe our lowest four years.

And I think we woulda run that 20 tourney.

So fuck em.