Kansas v Baylor Official Gamethread

Kansas Basketball.
PhDhawk

Re: Kansas v Baylor Official Gamethread

Post by PhDhawk »

pdub wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:38 am
twocoach wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:21 am Baylor did not get very many good looks at all and Kansas' aggressive defense and the constant noise from the fans played a large part in that. Baylor didn't just luckily miss a bunch of shots.
No.
We played great defense.
But they had some better looks that really should have gone in. Quite a few of them.

It wouldn't have made the difference but maybe they woulda lost by 15.
We built an 18 point first half lead shooting kinda poorly and missing a lot of easy buckets.

If we'd shot as well in the first half as the second, we coulda won by 40.

That's what made the win impressive. Yes Baylor played poorly, but this wasn't a case of hot shooting. We dominated the game.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I don’t know if it’s a KenPom stat or some other stat nerd, but KU defensive efficiency jumped like 12 spots. Sure percentage matters some in that stat, but there’s a lot of other things like where the shots were taken and whatnot. Baylor seemed to have a ton of long 2s.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
painter

Post by painter »

I normally love Jay Bilas but come on bro....this feels like you are rooting for Baylor