Kansas v Texas Official Gamethread

Kansas Basketball.
Mjl

Re: Kansas v Texas Official Gamethread

Post by Mjl »

It was every bit as good of a look as he got against Iowa State. He just lost it this time. Just like Ochai did.
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

“Just like no one should ignore that DaJuan delivered on a similar drive to the hoop against Iowa State”

It’s crazy how similar those two last plays are.

Both featured Dajuan driving toward the right side of the hoop, defender in the area, and the ball more than anything just unexpectedly being fumbled and flying out of Dajuan’s hand.

In the ISU game, at least, the fumble just came out at a little more favorable angle.
Last edited by Qusdahl on Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Qusdahl ISNT wrong.” - PDub 1/28

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I will say again I didn't think the referees were as bad as some others did. It felt like more to me just a brand of basketball that this team doesn't like playing and our fans aren't used to watching.

Consistency was an issue, but hey, that's NCAAB.
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

Yea, the constant ref whining is lame.

But yea consistency in officiating is and always has been an issue particularly for college hoops.

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Mjl wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:06 pm It was every bit as good of a look as he got against Iowa State. He just lost it this time. Just like Ochai did.
I don't think the layup look was as good this time because Carr defended it great, and is a good defender. But, I fully thought that DaJuan probably had the ISU play in his head when he saw the downhill lane. Understandable after Och didn't really work for the ball, but the execution was not great there by really anyone.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:07 pm I will say again I didn't think the referees were as bad as some others did. It felt like more to me just a brand of basketball that this team doesn't like playing and our fans aren't used to watching.

Are you talking about the first half where guys were getting called for breathing on each other? Or the second where Ochai got yanked down, Dave got shoved out of bounds, and Wilson got elbowed in the face when they were boxing out?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

If you want to call a physical game, fine, but at the same time, don't reward flops.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

pdub wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:16 pm If you want to call a physical game, fine, but at the same time, don't reward flops.
It seemed like 1 ref called it one way and the other called it another way. It all came down to which ref was in position to blow (or not blow) his whistle.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Yeah, and I should definitely say that college refs are garbage, completely new to the flop rule, and the secondary charge makes college basketball such a worse product. They feed off that call--buncha amateurs.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:07 pm I will say again I didn't think the referees were as bad as some others did. It felt like more to me just a brand of basketball that this team doesn't like playing and our fans aren't used to watching.

I think I was more upset by the refs than I otherwise would have been, because it came on the heels of listening to Fran complain about calls at AFH, and then Drew doing the same in his post-game presser when asked about his technical foul.

Home team, with loud crowd get a few favorable calls. I think that happened last night, Bilas pointed it out several times. I think it was as much of an advantage as we get in Allen.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

So many things had to go wrong to lose that game.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

pdub wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:56 am I think point guard is our weakest link but he's still an asset.
He's just not dangerous enough to care about - but he facilitates very well.
I'm beginning to feel this way too about dajuan. He isn't our strength. But hes reliable. He's like a batter that gets on base a lot. Isn't gonna ever hit a home run. But will consistently get you singles and walks
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

But if we had a better playmaker running the point this team would be lethal. Just think if we had a Dotson or somebody that was hard to stay in front of
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

KU gets some calls, but the crap Fran was spewing Saturday just set the team up to be held and whacked last night. Some really dubious calls on made shots contributed three or four points that made the difference. Kansas was beaten up on rebound slaps and grabs too. Close game that turned into a loss. Good practice in some ways, but winning is always better. They deserved to win yesterday. Shot well and defended well. A lesser team was given extra shots on goal and did not foul out the way they should have.
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

We went from a really good pg and big and less firepower on the wings in 2020, to the best 2-4 wings in a while but question marks about the pg and big

Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Yes should be playing a lot more. And this will clear up
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Qusdahl wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:27 pm We went from a really good pg and big and less firepower on the wings in 2020, to the best 2-4 wings in a while but question marks about the pg and big
Boy, can you imagine senior Dotson?

Woof.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

Sparko wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:25 pm KU gets some calls, but the crap Fran was spewing Saturday just set the team up to be held and whacked last night.
it's fran fraschilla's fault we lost a hard fought game last night. that could have gone either way.

interesting.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

PhDhawk wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:42 pm

I think I was more upset by the refs than I otherwise would have been, because it came on the heels of listening to Fran complain about calls at AFH, and then Drew doing the same in his post-game presser when asked about his technical foul.

Home team, with loud crowd get a few favorable calls. I think that happened last night, Bilas pointed it out several times. I think it was as much of an advantage as we get in Allen.
It was pretty great having Bilas on last night.

But, it was almost weird watching an entertaining KU game without having to hear someone use the game as some therapeutic sounding box for all of his insecurities.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:36 pm
Sparko wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:25 pm KU gets some calls, but the crap Fran was spewing Saturday just set the team up to be held and whacked last night.
it's fran fraschilla's fault we lost a hard fought game last night. that could have gone either way.

interesting.
He was on a tear about KU getting all the calls. Did it factor in? Maybe. Refs judgement was Michhawk bad.