Kansas v Texas Official Gamethread

Kansas Basketball.
Mjl

Re: Kansas v Texas Official Gamethread

Post by Mjl »

Come to think of it, Self has never had someone go from 30+ mpg starter to bench player the next season, barring some off-the-court situation. And even those players (Wilson, Morningstar) got their spots back eventually.
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

Morningstar got benched in a hurry once X got to town

But the difference there is installing a lotto pick at the wing, versus being the lead guard expected to know the entire offense
“Qusdahl ISNT wrong.” - PDub 1/28

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I'm not sure Self's ever been more in support of a second year (eligible) player than Harris.

I think the people who don't like Harris need to prepare for the Harris-era of KU basketball.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Well. On the bright side. Every 4 year guard we've had here improved their jumpshot. Seems like our staff does a really good job with improving people's shot. Let's hope they can do that with dajuan. He could turn into a really nice little college player if he becomes a shooter
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Dajuan has a weird little hitch in his shot though. So it'll be tougher to improve his shot than someone with more normal mechanics. I remember someone on here compared his shot to Shawn Marion's lol
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:28 am I'm not sure Self's ever been more in support of a second year (eligible) player than Harris.

I think the people who don't like Harris need to prepare for the Harris-era of KU basketball.
Yes, I can still bitch, though. That's why we're all here.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

randylahey wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:34 am Dajuan has a weird little hitch in his shot though. So it'll be tougher to improve his shot than someone with more normal mechanics. I remember someone on here compared his shot to Shawn Marion's lol
i did…but only in general appearance
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:47 am
randylahey wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:34 am Dajuan has a weird little hitch in his shot though. So it'll be tougher to improve his shot than someone with more normal mechanics. I remember someone on here compared his shot to Shawn Marion's lol
Low and slow. Great for BBQ, terrible for shot release.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:47 am
Yeah. It was funny cause its true. Different but they both have that same kind of weird little hitch in their shooting motion.

Shawn Marion is not the pro you want your shot compared to
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i distinctly remember jr. high b-ball practices where we’d spend like a half hour (at least) working on mechanics

no hoop, just a teammate standing 10-15 feet across from you, and all you did was “shoot” it back and forth. i’d also spend my evenings laying on the living room floor doing the same thing, but to myself, just focusing on follow-through and release

maybe i’m just getting old, and these sorts of things aren’t done anymore
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:38 am
PhDhawk wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:28 am I'm not sure Self's ever been more in support of a second year (eligible) player than Harris.

Yes, I can still bitch, though. That's why we're all here.
Whats funny is this. Dajuan harris is going to continue to get stronger and improve his skillset. He already does a few things very well. He could end up being one of the all time favorite Jayhawks for a lot of people. And this is coming from someone who bitches about him as much as anyone
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Or Self just likes playing guys who run his offense, take care of the ball, and play defense.

Yes, Self loves guys who do that. I don't blame him.
Last edited by Mjl on Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:04 pm i distinctly remember jr. high b-ball practices where we’d spend like a half hour (at least) working on mechanics

no hoop, just a teammate standing 10-15 feet across from you, and all you did was “shoot” it back and forth. i’d also spend my evenings laying on the living room floor doing the same thing, but to myself, just focusing on follow-through and release

The staff tweaked Och's shot and now it's a thing of beauty, and much quicker.
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

Whatever happened to just recruiting guys who can already shoot?

Of all the available guys in the world, we’re going on 4 straight seasons of our starting lead guard not being good from deep.
“Qusdahl ISNT wrong.” - PDub 1/28

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:04 pm i distinctly remember jr. high b-ball practices where we’d spend like a half hour (at least) working on mechanics

Gotta remember where Harris is from... They aren't normal over there
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:10 pm

did they?

i thought he had a pretty good jumper from the start

if so, they need to apply that methodology to CB’s molasses stroke
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Mjl wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:14 pm

Gotta remember where Harris is from... They aren't normal over there
hahaha…touché
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:15 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:10 pm

did they?

i thought he had a pretty good jumper from the start
Yes, between sophomore and junior seasons. Quicker and a little higher.
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

Mjl wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:24 am
hasbeen wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:23 pm
Mjl wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:52 am

Ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous.
I think our outside shooting is a significantly bigger problem than our point guard. We needed some improvement there from Braun and Wilson. They got worse. The Atlantic article talked about it. Teams just need to faceguard Ochai. They can let everyone else shoot - not just Harris.
One reason why that three point shooting is so weak is the PG you defend with your life gets wide open looks every game and still shoots 31%.
Braun and Wilson can't hit open 3s either.
Braun and Wilson don't get the open looks that Harris does. Also, I can't really help you if you don't see the connection between teams walking away from Harris and other players not hitting shots. But please, stay on the Harris bandwagon -- I'm certainly he'll lead KU to multiple Final Fours before he graduates. He's a star.
"So, which one of these topics are conspiracy?

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone."

- lobser
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

hasbeen wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:14 pmAlso, I can't really help you if you don't see the connection between teams walking away from Harris and other players not hitting shots.
Has become even more apparent in conference season. It also affects Dave's space.

Unfortunately, going to have to live with it unless a full recovery by Remy gets him cookin' (and Bill plays him).