Oklahoma Official Gamethread

Kansas Basketball.
LosCondorAzule
Contributor

Re: Oklahoma Official Gamethread

Post by LosCondorAzule »

Sparko wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:09 pm More zone defense would help save the legs and free throwing late. I slipped that in the suddestion box years ago and Bill never read the note.
Please Keep slipping, sending, emailing, phoning that note..
ArgentineHawk

Post by ArgentineHawk »

Sparko wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:08 pm Harris looks like a real mistake waiting to happen late in games. Really lucky to survive that turnover.
Seems like a really good guy, but I do agree, he is a mistake ready to happen. I know Self trusts him and all, but IMO, Yes or Bobby give us a better chance moving forward, especially when you look at the bigger picture.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

OU should have went for the win on that last possession.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Harris panics. Not a good look for a PG.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

InfiniteJ wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:13 pm OU should have went for the win on that last possession.
We had a floor foul to give. I wondered if we would remember to deny the ball.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

ArgentineHawk wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:12 pm
Sparko wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:08 pm Harris looks like a real mistake waiting to happen late in games. Really lucky to survive that turnover.
Seems like a really good guy, but I do agree, he is a mistake ready to happen. I know Self trusts him and all, but IMO, Yes or Bobby give us a better chance moving forward, especially when you look at the bigger picture.
The Harris haters are hilarious to me.

Bobby lost too much time with injuries/COVID to contribute meaningful minutes, Yesufu is too mistake-prone.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

This team already struggles with rebounding so I’m not sure going to a zone look is going to help that.

These guys are 19-22 yr olds in the prime of their lives. Legs have nothing to do with messing FTs. That is all focus and concentration.
Holidaysmore - 2005
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

And form
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
ArgentineHawk

Post by ArgentineHawk »

InfiniteJ wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:13 pm OU should have went for the win on that last possession.
I think they wanted to, but if you look at the replay, Ouch was on Groves and he may have stolen the pass or made the shot a little tougher on him.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

The FT issues are almost a 100% mental toughness issue...especially the misses towards the end of games.
ArgentineHawk

Post by ArgentineHawk »

InfiniteJ wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:16 pm

Bobby lost too much time with injuries/COVID to contribute meaningful minutes, Yesufu is too mistake-prone.
It’s not hating on Harris, but being honest. At Kansas we’re used to big time playmakers at the pg position (Donte, Collins, Mason, TT…ext) and he’s just not one of those guys if you’re honest with yourself.

He is what he is. He’ll look really good against the mid majors we play before the conference season starts. And once it does start, he is who he is.

And also, if we’re using your logic, Clemence has also been out for a while now and we can all agree, his play today definitely helped win us this game.
Last edited by ArgentineHawk on Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ramjet
Contributor

Post by ramjet »

InfiniteJ wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:20 pm The FT issues are almost a 100% mental toughness issue...especially the misses towards the end of games.
absofuckinglutely
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

The guy leading our team ( and maybe the league?) in assist to turnover ratio is a mistake ready to happen. Great take.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

ArgentineHawk wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:23 pm
InfiniteJ wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:16 pm

It’s not hating on Harris, but being honest. At Kansas we’re used to big time playmakers at the pg position (Donte, Collins, Mason, TT…ext) and he’s just not one of those guys if you’re honest with yourself.

He is what he is. He’ll look really good against the mid majors we play before the conference season starts. And once it does start, he is who he is.

And also, if we’re using your logic, Clemence has also been out for a while now and we can all agree, his play today definitely helped win us this game.
i don’t think it’s fair to compare what is being asked of a guard vs a big in those situations (Bobby vs. Zach)
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Mjl wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:29 pm The guy leading our team ( and maybe the league?) in assist to turnover ratio is a mistake ready to happen. Great take.
Unbelievable.

People are so bad at this.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Mjl wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:29 pm The guy leading our team ( and maybe the league?) in assist to turnover ratio is a mistake ready to happen. Great take.
He made key errors the last two. Barely survived today. His size is a real problem against inbounds pressure. He is a role player playing against limited defense with Och drawing doubles. Late in the game he suddenly becomes a weakness.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

On the legs. See 2003 championship before the Self era. Self doesn't sub much for leaders, and they went from perfect at the line to about 2-8 later. This team shoots well from the line but does seem to whiff late. Concentration is a factor. Muscle memory is disturbed by fatigue though.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

We've had issues for years in those late game inbounds scenarios. The only difference here is the scapegoat is the one who got the ball in the corner this time.

He has made mistakes at the end of the last two games. It would be nice if he didn't have to play the entire second half, and be the primary ball handler that whole time, but he can't get a rest, because he's the only one that is NOT a "mistake waiting to happen".
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Mjl wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 3:18 pm We've had issues for years in those late game inbounds scenarios. The only difference here is the scapegoat is the one who got the ball in the corner this time.

He has made mistakes at the end of the last two games. It would be nice if he didn't have to play the entire second half, and be the primary ball handler that whole time, but he can't get a rest, because he's the only one that is NOT a "mistake waiting to happen".
Watching him in late game situations, he should sit. Too weak as a shooter. A real liability on some switches the whole game defensively.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Who would you rather have in?

On the defensive side I agree, he's had some bad games, like today.