OFFICIAL MELTDOWN THREAD

Kansas Basketball.
Qusdahl

Re: OFFICIAL MELTDOWN THREAD

Post by Qusdahl »

Also, what’s the field look like? Who’s a comparable AA caliber shooting guard!”?
“Qusdahl ISNT wrong.” - PDub 1/28

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:27 am I don't think I am drinking all that much kool-aid to say I think there is almost no chance that Och does not make consensus First Team AA. The season as a whole he has been incredible.
I'm with you but Ochai currently isn't in the top 10 of Kenpom's NPOY.
( fortunately, there are a lot of bigs that will cannibalize each other )
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Qusdahl wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:35 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:27 am I don't think I am drinking all that much kool-aid to say I think there is almost no chance that Och does not make consensus First Team AA. The season as a whole he has been incredible.
Maybe I’m going for too much Devil’s advocate downer guttermeter here, but he and the team are loosing momentum. This is the meltdown thread, after all.

When are AA votes counted?

If he maintains. 20+ppg to finish the season and votes are tallied while he’s still going strong in the sweet 16, yeah.

If his dip in numbers endures and we don’t make it out of the first weekend, guttermeter-8.
Votes are not supposed to include postseason, although they often do, but especially for NPOY voting.

You're not being gutter, you're being debbie-downer-I-will-hate-this-KU-team-no-matter-what-evidence-ousdahl. Here are today's odds. Understand that consensus First Team AA is not a single poll, it is a aggregate of 4 All-America lists which includes 2nd and even 3rd team tallies. Pick 5 players that are going to have more tallies than Ochai:

2022 WOODEN AWARD ODDS
Player (Team) Odds

Oscar Tshiebwe (Kentucky) -300
Johnny Davis (Wisconsin) +700
Keegan Murray (Iowa) +1200
Ochai Agbaji (Kansas) +1200
Kofi Cockburn (Illinois) +1200
Chet Holmgren (Gonzaga) +4000
Jabari Smith, Jr. (Auburn) +4000
Jaden Ivey (Purdue) +4000
Bennedict Mathurin (Arizona) +6000
Drew Timme (Gonzaga) +6000
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Qusdahl wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:35 am Also, what’s the field look like? Who’s a comparable AA caliber shooting guard!”?
Now you are thinkin'! Because the voters are supposed to keep in mind that the team they select should be able to take the court together. So 5 Centers or 5 PG's aren't allowed.

With the abundance of big guys in the NPOY race, Och is the obvious plug-in off-guard of the list.
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

Can we get a debbie-downer-I-will-hate-this-KU-team-no-matter-what-evidence-ousdahl-meter?

Mods, please.

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

And I hate to double down on the Debbie, but I don’t hate this team.

I hate that it’s March and we got no rotation and are getting our asses kicked by unranked bubble teams. That’s not a “no matter what evidence” thing, that’s a valid concern.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Och hits the game winner to win the Natty.

"Well the guy shortarmed a bunch of NBA 3's against TCU."

ousdahl-7
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

We got our ass kicked even worse by an extra bubbly team in 18 though.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... /400989193
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

If Och gets us to the natty game, I’ll forget those short arms against TC even faster than I forgot that 2018 OSU mess.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

That was a good season/scenario to punt the Big 12 tournament.

This year, not so much. We need the next 10 days.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

pdub wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:15 am Perry hangs out with your Kevin Pritchards, Rex Walters, Keith Langfords, Tyshawn Taylors of the world.
Great Jayhawks, just not good enough to be up there.

They retired Cole's jersey. I don't think he deserved to have it retired.
I was pretty on the fence with Marcus Morris as well.

So, for me, if Cole can't make it, and Marcus Morris can't make it, Perry definitely can't make it.
Kind of where I was then and am now...once they made it then I started to think maybe Perry could too...but I'd say Perry is a close miss for me.

Wiggins is the one I am curious to see about.
Last edited by Deleted User 863 on Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Wiggins belongs nowhere near the rafters.
Being the no. 1 pick in the NBA draft has nothing to do with what he did at KU.
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:59 am That was a good season/scenario to punt the Big 12 tournament.

The silver lining to that Big 12 tournament was it got our half-semester freshman big some needed reps, which paid dividends 2 weeks later.

this year maybe we can do the same with our half-season conference POY guard or somethin.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

If Perry goes up, might as well put Taylor, Withey, Wiggins, Embiid, Garrett, Braun, Frankamp, Morningstar, Teahan, Remy, Cam Martin, et al. up.

AFH will just look like one of those sports memorabilia money laundering front stores in the mall.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Qusdahl wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:03 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:59 am That was a good season/scenario to punt the Big 12 tournament.

The silver lining to that Big 12 tournament was it got our half-semester freshman big some needed reps, which paid dividends 2 weeks later.

this year maybe we can do the same with our half-season conference POY guard or somethin.
Ah shit, you're right, I am mixing up teams. 2012 and 2017 were the obvious punt years.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

We hang too many jerseys. Starts to lose its meaning
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

pdub wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:00 am Wiggins belongs nowhere near the rafters.
Being the no. 1 pick in the NBA draft has nothing to do with what he did at KU.
^^^^^
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

randylahey wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:06 am We hang too many jerseys. Starts to lose its meaning
^^^^^
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

randylahey wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:06 am We hang too many jerseys. Starts to lose its meaning
But, this is also without a doubt the best run in KU history.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:00 am
pdub wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:15 am Perry hangs out with your Kevin Pritchards, Rex Walters, Keith Langfords, Tyshawn Taylors of the world.
Great Jayhawks, just not good enough to be up there.

They retired Cole's jersey. I don't think he deserved to have it retired.
I was pretty on the fence with Marcus Morris as well.

So, for me, if Cole can't make it, and Marcus Morris can't make it, Perry definitely can't make it.
Kind of where I was then and am now...once they made it then I started to think maybe Perry could too...but I'd say Perry is a close miss for me.

Wiggins is the one I am curious to see about.
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:00 am
KUTradition wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:56 am no he didn’t, and he isn’t getting into the rafters
LOL

There is a decent chance he will end up in the rafters. Concensus AA and 3x all big 12. Plus he's up there on the all time scoring and rebounds lists.
:lol: