Re: Buying a bidness

Post by jhawks99 »

Both sides are having a meltdown.
Defense. Rebounds.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Qusdahl wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:04 pm But yeah he’s become kind of a weirdo who can be pissy and standoffish among other things, so don’t really wanna hitch my horse to that shit. But I also wonder if he would be more easygoing if he kicked his habit of 48 monster energy drinks a day, so there’s hope.
No one, absolutely NO ONE, becomes a better person after you marry them, after you have kids together OR after you start a biness together.

Let's start with that, whatever bad traits your partner has will be amplified by stress.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:55 pm why does my buddy want/need me?
This is the gigantic red flag I see.

Plus , people who are way too close and people who you aren’t familiar enough with make horrible choices for a partnership
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Qusdahl wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:22 pm So they’re just selling a online bidness and web domain and social media presence? And I guess some existing relationships with vendors and shit. I dunno about existing inventory.

So now my question to my homeboy is, for the price they’re asking why don’t we just put that creating our own dot net instead?
The problem with numbers are they are all over the place with covid interrupting the last three years. We did this recently, not a fishing biness, but we wanted to look at 7 years of books to get an idea of where they were trending heading into covid.

When I look for a fishing guide I google the "name of town or river" and "fishing guide service". Not a specific guide. Once the old website disappears yours moves up a spot in the list; why pay them for their name? Do they do a lot of repeat business? I don't think I have ever used the same guide twice. But maybe that's just me.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Overlander wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:32 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:55 pm why does my buddy want/need me?
This is the gigantic red flag I see.

Plus , people who are way too close and people who you aren’t familiar enough with make horrible choices for a partnership
Unless they have lots of money.....but then he probably wouldn't have asked you to partner up. He would just hire you as a guide and manager.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

japhy wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:25 pm
Qusdahl wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:04 pm But yeah he’s become kind of a weirdo who can be pissy and standoffish among other things, so don’t really wanna hitch my horse to that shit. But I also wonder if he would be more easygoing if he kicked his habit of 48 monster energy drinks a day, so there’s hope.
…whatever bad traits your partner has will be amplified by stress.
lotsa truth here
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:37 pm
japhy wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:25 pm
…whatever bad traits your partner has will be amplified by stress.
lotsa truth here
Indeed
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

And this isn’t even a guide service/outfitter in that regard.

It’s just online retail.
“Qusdahl ISNT wrong.” - PDub 1/28

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

based on the details provided (or made-up details, if you prefer), i’d pass

it seems like too much risk for something i doubt you’d enjoy
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

Yeah, I need to stop making up pretend bidnesses and choose a real life career instead.
“Qusdahl ISNT wrong.” - PDub 1/28

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Qusdahl wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:42 pm And this isn’t even a guide service/outfitter in that regard.

It’s just online retail.
Seems strange you wouldn't mention inventory if they are just online retail. Or why they'd have brick and mortar business assets and no inventory to keep in there if they are retail.

Think on it for a few and get back to us with the new and exciting details.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Qusdahl wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:08 pm My buddy sent a screenshot of the sale listing which says “ultra modern” website but frankly it looks more to me like some windows 95 shit.

Which prompts another question: where are they getting all their leads and customers and shit? Dialup connections?
You want a new website?
I know a guy.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

pdub wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 4:47 pm
Qusdahl wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:08 pm My buddy sent a screenshot of the sale listing which says “ultra modern” website but frankly it looks more to me like some windows 95 shit.

Which prompts another question: where are they getting all their leads and customers and shit? Dialup connections?
You want a new website?
I know a guy.
Hey man, I gave you 10 bucks two years ago. You gotta keep this thing forever now.
Defense. Rebounds.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I say you bail on that Qus. Become a carpenter instead, and hurry up, get good and come apprentice.....Ill pay you in experience lol.... Ive all the sudden got more work than I can possibly get done in a reasonable time frame. Gonna have to hire a couple guys....was trying to put that off for a few more months but...has to happen.
Just Ledoux it
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

I'm having visions of the next....

Gates and Allen
Wozinak and Jobs
Brin and Page

How do I invest?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Holmes and Balwani?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Shrek and Donkey?
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 863