Yesefu starting tonight

Kansas Basketball.
sdoyel

Re: Yesefu starting tonight

Post by sdoyel »

I still don't get the Remy thing. We all knew what we were getting with Remy, especially Self. For him to not play starter minutes is so strange...
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Qusdahl wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:17 pm I could see Self stubbornly thinking he might mold Remy from an undersized scorer into an actual PG.

Or that, with enough handlers at the 2-4, maybe he could play a guy like Remy regardless.

But yeah, it’s not good that we still don’t have a goddamn rotation figured out.

And even if Joe DOES start, I could see him getting pulled by the under-16 timeout anyway.
KU has a rotation figured out.

Fans just don't like it.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

sdoyel wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:13 pm I still don't get the Remy thing. We all knew what we were getting with Remy, especially Self. For him to not play starter minutes is so strange...
No one thought he would be this terrible at defense.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:55 pm
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:50 pm
jfish26 wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:48 pm Assuming this is true...look, I understand that it's easy to be pessimistic coming off back to back losses (the latter of which was pretty goddamn pathetic).

But.

It's very very not good that it's March and Bill still has no idea who to play.
When will we ever learn that depth and Bill Self don't go together very well. Give him 7 kind of undervalued guys and he'll do way better with that then 2 stars and 8 average guys. It's a proven history now.
Of course, this could be every coach, but it is looking like point guard is the most important position for a Bill Self team to be really good.

That is why he went out and got Remy (and Yesufu). Of course, for whatever reason we want to attribute it to, that hasn't gone to plan.
Offensively, yes.

Defensively, our shit doesn't work great without a world-eater at the back.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:38 pm Which brings us back to Yesufu. If Remy gives us the better chance to go to a Final Four this season, you play him a lot the next 10 days. If not, go with Joe and get him ready for the tournament and for 2023 (and 2024). We found Harris's ceiling and it's not all that great.

This situation is also why fans have always wanted Bill to let guys loose earlier in the season. We make fun of Coach Cal a lot for losing early games, but most of his guys love playing for him.
Shit, Jalen could jump and bang his head on Harris' ceiling.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:18 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:55 pm
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:50 pm

When will we ever learn that depth and Bill Self don't go together very well. Give him 7 kind of undervalued guys and he'll do way better with that then 2 stars and 8 average guys. It's a proven history now.
Of course, this could be every coach, but it is looking like point guard is the most important position for a Bill Self team to be really good.

That is why he went out and got Remy (and Yesufu). Of course, for whatever reason we want to attribute it to, that hasn't gone to plan.
Offensively, yes.

Defensively, our shit doesn't work great without a world-eater at the back.
This goes back to yesterday, but all of 2015, 2019, and 2021 were pretty good defensive teams. It's just not a model to overachieve anymore.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:19 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:38 pm Which brings us back to Yesufu. If Remy gives us the better chance to go to a Final Four this season, you play him a lot the next 10 days. If not, go with Joe and get him ready for the tournament and for 2023 (and 2024). We found Harris's ceiling and it's not all that great.

This situation is also why fans have always wanted Bill to let guys loose earlier in the season. We make fun of Coach Cal a lot for losing early games, but most of his guys love playing for him.
Shit, Jalen could jump and bang his head on Harris' ceiling.
Damn, no one's safe from jfish.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

ruthless
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

I love this decision, assuming it's true. Yesufu has as much offensive upside as Remy in terms of being able to get by people, and he's slightly better defensively. Plus Yesufu is awesome in March.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

twocoach wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:14 pm
sdoyel wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:13 pm I still don't get the Remy thing. We all knew what we were getting with Remy, especially Self. For him to not play starter minutes is so strange...
No one thought he would be this terrible at defense.
Or that he'd be hurt for that long.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Mjl wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 4:20 pm I love this decision, assuming it's true. Yesufu has as much offensive upside as Remy in terms of being able to get by people, and he's slightly better defensively. Plus Yesufu is awesome in March.
He's also athletic.

I'm tired of loosing because we're the less athletic team.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:30 pm If it happens, I don't like it all that much.

I mean, randy is the guy that said adding James Harden at the trade deadline was a bad sign for the Sixers because there was only 2 months of regular season left.
that wasnt even close to what I said.

i loved that the 76ers were finally able to flip simmons for something, I didn't think they'd be able to get as big a fish as james harden. All I said was if i could choose anyone to pair with Embiid, it wouldnt be james harden. Harden is notorious for wanting to play isolation ball, which is why he wasn't happy in brooklyn and couldnt get along with his teammates. I could see that causing problems down the road. James harden is also synonymous for lazy defense. If you want a quick laugh just type "james harden defense" into youtube and look at all the countless videos of what a joke he is on defense.

right now things are looking good for embiid. he is thrilled to have a teammate who can create and knows how to shoot a basketball. he hasn't played with a guy like that before, which is insane. I would love to see embiid win an MVP and a title this year. but wait until the playoffs and we see the 76ers play some meaningful basketball games before we make any judgement there.

But never once did i say it was a bad trade, I'm just not crowning the 76ers nba champions yet, but it would be cool if they made it work
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Trading Simmons for ANY contributing player would have been a good trade tbh. Wasting a year of Embiid in his prime is not an acceptable outcome.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Real talk. I know self frequents this message board for our suggestions. Was hoping we could will yesefu into the starting line up
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Dumb that you made it up, but you do you.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Fake news
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Looks like impotence continues
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Trump won.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

sdoyel wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:03 pmTrump won.
Thought you told me he lost?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Yes is garbage

almost cost us the game

;)
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?