OFFICIAL Gamethread: TCU

Kansas Basketball.
randylahey

Re: OFFICIAL Gamethread: TCU

Post by randylahey »

PhDhawk wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:07 am Is that dajuan next to Braun's little brother?

Jk

But why has only one of them matured.
Dajuan is bound to hit puberty at some point
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Its sad this is a real quote self has to make about a starting point guard at kansas
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Got some home cooking with that one. That’s ok though bc TCU got some Tuesday.

Harris came through to put us over the edge. Can he do it again?

Dave has no lift. He’s not struggling shooting free throws bc he doesn’t have to jump. Anything that takes verticality ( no he can’t dunk without jumping ) looks tough. Get the win v Texas and if the med staff thinks rest will help, punt the B12 tourney.

Start Mitch. Watch everyone meltdown.

We won’t get a 1 seed but, we win senior night, we are a 2 seed lock.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

I have to imagine if Dave were only a week or 10 days away from being healthy then he'd have sat weeks ago...my guess is that this is something that needs extended time off to heal, and that's why he's playing thru it.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Yep.
And if that is the case, you keep doing it. Freshmen aren’t ready. Had a couple shots with bad rolls. Those go in and his stat line is fine ( 4-7 ) sans that idiotic turnover where all he needed to do is go immediately up.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:27 pm
twocoach wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:25 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:24 pm

Ok, but you’re the guy that preaches how important matchups are. This is clearly a bad matchup for us.
If TCU is a bad match up then this team has a lot of potential bad match ups in the bracket.
Ok, how many of them are 7-10 seeds?
Let me put it a different way... how many of the teams currently projected to be 7-10 seeds would we consider to be bad match ups?

What makes TCU a bad match up? That they have one good guard, a fat center and a bunch of try hard guys? That's half the tourney field.
Last edited by twocoach on Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

Let’s put it a different way yet:

What sort of opponent would be a GOOD matchup for this team?
“Qusdahl ISNT wrong.” - PDub 1/28

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Qusdahl wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:12 am Let’s put it a different way yet:

A worse version of our team. I.e. a less talented team dumb enough to think they can run with us. The last Kansas State game is an example of that. And, even though their record isn’t good enough, they are that caliber of a team—7-10 seedy.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

I love Dajuan; I'm quite sure he's aware of his limitations (and probably all the shit talked behind his back by "fans"), yet he doesn't mope or quit, he still goes out there and tries to do what he can to get his team a win. People on here constantly hating on him is getting old AF.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:16 am

A worse version of our team. I.e. a less talented team dumb enough to think they can run with us. The last Kansas State game is an example of that. And, even though their record isn’t good enough, they are that caliber of a team—7-10 seedy.
Current 7 seeds on bracketmatrix.com
7 seeds:
Iowa
Michigan State
Colorado State
Boise State
8 seeds:
Murray State
Iowa State
Seton Hall
Marquette
9 seeds:
TCU
San Diego State
Davidson
San Francisco
10 seeds:
Xavier
Creighton
Wyoming
Wake Forest

Or you get one of the 6 seeds like LSU, USC, Ohio State or St. Mary's that drops a weird game and falls to a 7 seed. I wouldn't pick KU against any of those 4 teams except probably St. Mary's and they just beat Gonzaga last week.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

InfiniteJ wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:20 am I love Dajuan; I'm quite sure he's aware of his limitations (and probably all the shit talked behind his back by "fans"), yet he doesn't mope or quit, he still goes out there and tries to do what he can to get his team a win. People on here constantly hating on him is getting old AF.
Everyone on the team is "doing what they can". The issue is whether he can do enough to win. He played well last night. It will probably be one of his Top 5 games of the season.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

if we win, they were a good matchup for us. if we don't, they were not.

simple as that.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

twocoach wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:32 am

7 seeds:
Iowa
Michigan State
Colorado State
Boise State
8 seeds:
Murray State
Iowa State
Seton Hall
Marquette
9 seeds:
TCU
San Diego State
Davidson
San Francisco
10 seeds:
Xavier
Creighton
Wyoming
Wake Forest

Or you get one of the 6 seeds like LSU, USC, Ohio State or St. Mary's that drops a weird game and falls to a 7 seed. I wouldn't pick KU against any of those 4 teams except probably St. Mary's and they just beat Gonzaga last week.
It would take going through all the numbers, but any of those teams that can effectively slow pace and have a high offensive rebound percentage are going to be tougher for us.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:37 am if we win, they were a good matchup for us. if we don't, they were not.

simple as that.
TCU is a bad matchup for us and we won.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

on tuesday they were.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

You see, if you call heads and the coin flip comes up heads, you made a smart guess.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:56 am

7 seeds:
Iowa
Michigan State
Colorado State
Boise State
8 seeds:
Murray State
Iowa State
Seton Hall
Marquette
9 seeds:
TCU
San Diego State
Davidson
San Francisco
10 seeds:
Xavier
Creighton
Wyoming
Wake Forest

It would take going through all the numbers, but any of those teams that can effectively slow pace and have a high offensive rebound percentage are going to be tougher for us.
Teams in the 6-10 seed range that are in the Top 50 of offensive rebounds per game:
TCU - 8th
LSU - 19th
Seton Hall - 23rd
Murray State - 30th
USC - 33rd
Iowa - 37th

The ones that worry me as potential "upsets" are the teams that are barely below us in Kenpom despite being projected to be 4-8 seeds lower than us. Kansas is currently 10th in kenpom, which means to me that they are really no better than a 3 seed right now in how they actually play but their resume is worthy of a 2 seed:

Iowa 14th
LSU 16th
Saint Mary's 17th

Of all the 7 seeds out there so far, Michigan State is ranked by far the lowest in kenpom and we already beat them head to head. It pains me to cheer for them to be our 7 seed as Izzo can coach em up in the tourney.

Argh, Selection Sunday is going to be stressful. It just feels like we are going to get a loaded bracket full of underseeded teams.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:37 am if we win, they were a good matchup for us. if we don't, they were not.

simple as that.
TCU is a bad matchup for us and we won.
In AFH. Barely. I think if last night's game was at a neutral site that KU loses.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

7 seeds:
Iowa
Michigan State
Colorado State
Boise State
8 seeds:
Murray State
Iowa State
Seton Hall
Marquette
9 seeds:
TCU
San Diego State
Davidson
San Francisco
10 seeds:
Xavier
Creighton
Wyoming
Wake Forest

Length and athleticism are our kryptonite. That's how you slow us down, you beat us getting back (athleticism) and you keep us in front of you extend defense and challenge our shot (length)

Without looking at every roster, or pretending I know every team listed...In simplest terms I think the teams we'd struggle with would be the 7-10 teams from major conferences (recruit better athletes but not skilled enough to be better) and not midmajor types (usually skilled teams but lacking size and elite athletes). As a general rule (with lots of exceptions)
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

at this very moment, this team reeks of round of 32 face splat.