Senior night

Post by Qusdahl »

Dave
Mitch
Och
JCL
Remy
“Qusdahl ISNT wrong.” - PDub 1/28

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
Deleted User 863

Re: Senior night

Post by Deleted User 863 »

How many senior nights does JCL get?

DH
CB
OCH
MITCH
DAVE

JCL has had his senior night(s). Remy is a 1yr transfer. He should rest his knee for the G League combine. Might be CBs last home game too. He deserves the start. I guess you could start Remy over DH and keep everyone happy.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Start 6
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

If you start six, does the other team get technical shots?

I don’t think we can f around with that. No, we don’t start Braun. He’s not a senior.
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

Leave it to illy to argue starting lineups in the senior night thread.

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
Deleted User 863

Sorry, to me senior night is about seniors who have spent their career at KU. Not 1 year transfers who came here to boost their draft stock (and failed miserably).

This senior night is about Mitch Dave and Och for me. Not remy or jcl.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I bet Remy says to give the starting spot to Teahan.
Deleted User 863

Forgot he's a senior. Teahan definitely starts.
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

I do kinda wonder if there’s some concern to like, getting too cute with the sentimental senior starting lineups, and having to spend the rest of the game trying to dig ourselves out of a hole.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Qusdahl wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:08 am I do kinda wonder if there’s some concern to like, getting too cute with the sentimental senior starting lineups, and having to spend the rest of the game trying to dig ourselves out of a hole.
Teahan might actually hit a 3 in the first minute of the game. Compare that to Dajuan.
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

Oh snap.

We shoulda been starting him all along.

If we DO get some sort of, the only small guy who even vaguely resembles a ballhandler is a mustachio’d walk-on and also we’re starting 2 bigs, I could also see Self burning his first timeout well before the under-16 break.
Last edited by Qusdahl on Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

Qusdahl wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:08 am I do kinda wonder if there’s some concern to like, getting too cute with the sentimental senior starting lineups, and having to spend the rest of the game trying to dig ourselves out of a hole.
No worries; KU will come out of the gate on fire...then piss away the double digit lead...then they'll play neck-and-neck with Texas...then either win after a last second miss by Texas, or somehow lose by 10.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I remember someone (me) saying maybe last year that Teahan should at least play some minutes based off his shooting. When we were in a big rut offensively. I rightfully got laughed at. But man was I frustrated.

But I will laugh if Teahan hits a 3 in the first couple of minutes.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

Being that Chris is the younger Teahan, he should have been nicknamed "Teaspoon".
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

We can manage getting Teahan a minute. This is one of the best things about our program, and college basketball generally. I would be opposed to breaking tradition here just because we're so fucking soft that tomorrow matters (even though it shouldn't).
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

But it does matter. I'd be a lot more upset if KU loses a close game because they got down 12-2 in large part because they spent 3 minutes with Teahan trying to chase around Marcus Carr and Mitch playing a position he's never practiced. Might as well let Dave chuck 3s until he makes one. Afterall, the night is about him.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

It is an important game. I think you probably need to go:

Remy
Teahan
Och
Mitch
Dave

And just for like 1-2 possessions per team.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:10 am It is an important game. I think you probably need to go:

Remy
Teahan
Och
Mitch
Dave

And just for like 1-2 possessions per team.
Teahan should just pick up a foul on Texas' first possession. Not a huge deal in the first half.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Remy only played a couple minutes against tcu and never came back in. Is there a chance he starts for a couple minutes and never plays again
Deleted User 863

NDballer13 wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:36 am But it does matter. I'd be a lot more upset if KU loses a close game because they got down 12-2 in large part because they spent 3 minutes with Teahan trying to chase around Marcus Carr and Mitch playing a position he's never practiced. Might as well let Dave chuck 3s until he makes one. Afterall, the night is about him.
Mitch has practiced at the 4 plenty in his 9 years at KU.