Senior night

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 863

Re: Senior night

Post by Deleted User 863 »

randylahey wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:51 am Remy only played a couple minutes against tcu and never came back in. Is there a chance he starts for a couple minutes and never plays again
Maybe the biggest disappointment of the Self era.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

sds in a landslide. he's the gift that keeps on giving.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
Deleted User 863

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:26 pm sds in a landslide. he's the gift that keeps on giving.
He was never preseason conference POY.
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

I still give SDS a lot of credit for that Final 4.

Don't think we get there otherwise with dookie's NBA lotto frontcourt being guarded by Mitch.

but yeah, SDS was mostly just a headache besides that.
“Qusdahl ISNT wrong.” - PDub 1/28

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

I'm personally more disappointed we never got to see embiid play in the ncaa tourney. But that was a completely different circumstance
Deleted User 863

Qusdahl wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:21 pm I still give SDS a lot of credit for that Final 4.
And yet you'll give DH and Dave almost none if we make it this year. SDS was our 5th or 6th best player that year.

Strange how the criteria changes based on who are personal favorites (I am sure we are all guilty of it a time or two).
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

If DH and Dave are key factors toward advancing past the E8, trust me, I’ll give them credit.

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
Deleted User 863

In the legendary Duke game SDS had 4pts 10rebs 1blk 1ast and 3turnovers in 26min. Dok got in foul trouble but still played 19min.

Yes, he was big in that game due to Dok being in foul trouble...but i give most the credit to Malik for winning that game. SDS gets credit for being a rotation player in an emergency situation who played well. He then went on to only play 10min against Nova. If i had to rank the most important players on our team in that game who played in that game 1 thru 7 SDS would be 2nd to last ahead of only Marcus Garrett who played 8min.
Last edited by Deleted User 863 on Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

What was Mitch’s stats?

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

There's no Final Four without SDS. Heck, maybe not even an Elite 8.

SDS's impact can't be measured in a box score. It's pretty obvious what he brought to that team after the Preston debacle.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Qusdahl wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:41 pm If DH and Dave are key factors toward advancing past the E8, trust me, I’ll give them credit.
We all know we aren't making it to the elite 8 this year
Deleted User 863

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:49 pm There's no Final Four without SDS. Heck, maybe not even an Elite 8.

SDS's impact can't be measured in a box score. It's pretty obvious what he brought to that team after the Preston debacle.
Sure.

There's no final 4 without ANY 1 of the top 6 players on that team.

He was our 6th man.
Deleted User 863

And yes we needed all 13 of his minutes against Clemson.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

That was not a contending team until SDS enrolled. The Tech games were the indicators. What a wakeup call.
Deleted User 863

DH and DMac are more important to this team than SDS was to that team imo.
Deleted User 863

Sds averaged 8min per game.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:11 pm DH and DMac are more important to this team than SDS was to that team imo.
That is an extremely random and flawed comparison, so much so that it's not even worth arguing.

That said, McCormack is very important to this team. More so than Dajuan because of our overall personnel. And, it's pretty crazy that Mitch Lightfoot factors into the importance of both Silvio De Sousa and David McCormack.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Qusdahl wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:21 pm I still give SDS a lot of credit for that Final 4.

Don't think we get there otherwise with dookie's NBA lotto frontcourt being guarded by Mitch.

but yeah, SDS was mostly just a headache besides that.
And we don't get there without Malik going nuts.
And we don't get there without Svi guarding Bagley.
And we don't get there without Graham keeping everyone's shit together.
And...

It's like it's a team sport where you need contributions of multiple guys to win tough games.
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

Oh, of course. It's a team sport, indeed! I never said otherwise.

That team had all the necessary pieces for a final four run - including an actual D1-caliber big for a 6th man.

NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:17 pm
NDballer13 wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:36 am But it does matter. I'd be a lot more upset if KU loses a close game because they got down 12-2 in large part because they spent 3 minutes with Teahan trying to chase around Marcus Carr and Mitch playing a position he's never practiced. Might as well let Dave chuck 3s until he makes one. Afterall, the night is about him.
Mitch has practiced at the 4 plenty in his 9 years at KU.
I'm sorry. Better to say he hasn't practiced it since he played with the other Teahan, lol?