GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
jhawks99
Contributor

Re: Dave saved us

Post by jhawks99 »

Not according to Bill. Dave had some monster boards and played pretty good defense.
He was da man tonight. Great Senior Night for him and I'm very happy he finished out his last AFH game being da man.
Defense. Rebounds.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"David won us the game."

-Bill Self.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

pdub wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:35 pm "David won us the game."

-Bill Self.
What's he know though?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:18 am

-Bill Self.
What's he know though?
He knows how to wear orange. If not orange - it's definitely not crimson. ;)

My hope is someone doesn't read that quote and think Self only complimented David. He did give praise to a couple of others.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Deleted User 863

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:26 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:18 am

-Bill Self.
What's he know though?
He knows how to wear orange. If not orange - it's definitely not crimson. ;)

My hope is someone doesn't read that quote and think Self only complimented David. He did give praise to a couple of others.
Lots of players deserved credit.

But some here refuse to accept or acknowledge a few of our players when they do well. DH and Dave primarily.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

People are finally gonna appreciate dave once hes gone and weve got a bunch of young bigs running around out there
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Also to note: given the fact his family was in attendance yesterday, I’d say the odds of Dave using his super senior season at Kansas are slim to none.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Deleted User 863

randylahey wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:20 am People are finally gonna appreciate dave once hes gone and weve got a bunch of young bigs running around out there
I had a similar thought the other night when KJ fouled a 3pt shooter late in the game.

I don't think Self is wrong very often when deciding who should play and who shouldn't.

Side note: I think Yesufu is ahead of Remy on the depth chart now. Yesufu must be improving on limiting mistakes behind the scenes.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

When teams can keep us from getting out on the break and we have to play a half court game, we are very beatable. A Bad Dave in that kind of a game is almost assuredly a loss. He was Good Dave yesterday and we still almost lost--needed every last basket he gave us.

Jalen did really keep us in that game specifically the first half, though, so he does also deserve a lot of credit. Dave just brought us home.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

randylahey wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:20 am People are finally gonna appreciate dave once hes gone and weve got a bunch of young bigs running around out there
I think my assessments of Dave are pretty honest--more optimistic than the big haters and more pessimistic than the Stans. It will be bittersweet if he does not come back next season. The hot/cold teeter-totter is who he is at this point, and that is really frustrating.

I like the potential of the bigs we have now and the ones coming in. Plus, I just dont' trust Bill to not revert back to bad offense if Dave comes back a la 2021.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:29 am
I had a similar thought the other night when KJ fouled a 3pt shooter late in the game.

I don't think Self is wrong very often when deciding who should play and who shouldn't.

Side note: I think Yesufu is ahead of Remy on the depth chart now. Yesufu must be improving on limiting mistakes behind the scenes.
It's like a Hall of Fame coach is actually better than message board coaches.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

I'm ready for Dave to leave. He's had a solid 4 years here. He's been a good player. I know covid made things weird, but him coming back doesn't seem fair to clemence, Adams, cam Martin, udeh, and ojiafor
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Sparko wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:48 pm Yeah. DMAC's finest hour.
But also emblematic of the issue. If he hit half the bunnies he misses, he’d be on an AA team.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Yes.
He should have been at least good enough to make the 1st team B12.
Still a top player in one of the top 3 leagues in the NCAA but frustrating he wasn't better.
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

yea, I was hoping Dave would get some of that senior magic this year, hitting bunnies more and such.
“Qusdahl ISNT wrong.” - PDub 1/28

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:29 am

I'm glad we have a player like KJ as a more mobile defensive spark off the bench.

but I was kinda surprised Self put him in that game for the first time with like 50 seconds left. Self usually tends more to just stick to his guys, without many of those offense-for-defense type late subs.

And while KJ has been good at checking in for those sorts of situations, it's also a known risk that if you're putting a guy in cold, and particularly a freshman, they might come in and promptly make some dumb mistake like foul a 3 point shooter.
“Qusdahl ISNT wrong.” - PDub 1/28

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5