Arms

Ugh.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: Arms

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I kinda wonder if the best context to understand all global politics is, oil.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

oil/energy, for sure
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

yea.

what ever became of that whole Nord Stream pipeline, anyway?

I just saw headlines that Sweden's saying they found traces of explosives, which confirms sabotage.

And last I heard, I think Russia had accused Britain of sabotaging it.

But what Russia fails to understand is, Russia bad Britain good.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

do you have to bring this shit into every thread?
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

do you?

seriously TDub, I suggest you just ignore me.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

He didn't, you did
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

it’s an odd crusade, but at least marjorie taylor greene seems to have Ousie’s back

she’s picking up what your puttin down
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I'm pretty sure MTG and I disagree about a whole lot of things.

but at least in the context of this thread - arms - MTG actually wants to audit the tens of billions of dollars worth or resources being pumped into Ukraine.

I'll admit! As kooky as she is about most everything else, I might actually be able to get on bored with her on that much.

She and I are apparently among a very, very, incredibly narrow few who do.

So, in the interest of devil's advocate downer pity, what's the downside to such an audit?

Would anyone like to suggest maybe we're just better off NOT understanding exactly what our tax dollars are up to?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I have no problem doing an audit of funds/weapons given to Ukraine. Maggie Three Names should be no where near it. I'm sure we had audits in 39, 40, and 41 for the lend/lease program to GB. Something similar to whatever that was would probably suffice.
Defense. Rebounds.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

settle down, Qusdahl.

Wait...I mean, jk. Good post, 99.

It sucks that calls for such an audit exist mostly only among a loony fringe, as of right now at least. You'd think it would be a more common sense popular initiative, yet here we are.

We learned absolutely nothing from Iraqistan, did we?

what's that quote Shirley use to refer to like, "no one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the Merican people..."
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

what if her proposed audit had less to do with caring about ukraine or about arms or about tax payer’s money, and was mostly about “getting” Biden?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I mean, if Biden's profiteering off war, then yea maybe we should be "getting" him.

But yea, I think you speak more to the sincerity of the initiative. It's less a good faith effort toward governmental transparency, and more just another political stunt. Definitely likely, especially considering it's Marge.

What would this audit account for, anyway? Is it just the paper trail on the US end, or would it include what happens to everything once we just kinda toss it into Ukraine too? I imagine a sincere audit may be difficult either way.

Or maybe it would be easy, and the gummint could spell out all the shameless profiteering and no-bid contracts and conflicts of interest right there in front of us, and no one would care because nothing matters any more.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:34 am what if her proposed audit had less to do with caring about ukraine or about arms or about tax payer’s money, and was mostly about “getting” Biden?
What we need is an audit of how much money she’s getting from the Putin Machine. Otherwise she’ll be calling for audits of the Saudi Royal Family
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:34 am what if her proposed audit had less to do with caring about ukraine or about arms or about tax payer’s money, and was mostly about “getting” Biden?
Which, don’t kid ourselves, is 120% her goal
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

As complex and all but impossible as it might be to do, I don't have a problem with an audit of where/what the money going to Ukraine is going to/being used for.
That being said, I wonder how bad she would freak out if she was audited for the last 10 years of her life and the results were made public.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

bump
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

I think arms are better than legs.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

i walk 4 miles a day. i need my legs.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:30 am i walk 4 miles a day. i need my legs.
🤣